Our D is nasty this year! Here's some stats.

GwillMac6

@abw0004 SO WE CAN nip IT!!!!! lol Nip this thing in the bud like Barney Fife would say once and for all. I am not QUESTIONING your loyalty  per say. I should of been more clear and specific. You obviously have a lot of loyalty. I am questioning if that is BLIND loyalty or not to GUS and IF that blind loyalty is what is best for Auburn. That is all. WAR DAMN JAMEL DEAN!! WAR DAMN KEVIN STEELE AND WAR DAMN THE AUBURN DEFENSE!!! WOOOOOO!!! Been Carrying us going on 2 seasons.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Yeah if you stated it that way, I would not even have replied (in a good way) so your post would not have been hijacked by this nonsense.  To be honest this whole discussion just makes me flat out uncomfortable because I don't like talking about a fellow Auburn fan's loyalty.  Everyone is on the same team in my eyes.  Hopefully this discussion is put to bed.

Now I could do this all day with a fan of any sport in Georgia, especially UGA.  I hope the Steele Curtain defense that you love so much (as do I) completely shuts them down in November.  I have been having to deal with them all year making fun of our loss to UGA, and Cam Newton.  It helps to see the 28-3 memes on Facebook though.  Never gets old.

tumblr_lhejdkioEP1qaewo8.gif

“We have a very good defense - the second ranked defense in the country right now. Our kicking game is solid, we can be better. But if we keep improving, we can play with anybody in the country."

Coach Malzahn [http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091917aac.html]

13 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Even if Clempson runs up the score and yardage on us, we still look good when you play against a .500 FCS school and a bottom feeding Sunbelt school. 

Sure the D played great against them, but when you are 3 games into the season and 2 are trash teams, you shouldnt be proud you have better stats than teams that play actual competition. 

Except a lot of other teams have only played 1, maybe 2 good teams at most. So you generally are comparing apples to apples.  It's not like we've played a season's worth of cupcakes and everyone else has been playing power 5 schools.

14 hours ago, abw0004 said:

You can't say you are Auburn's most loyal fan and not go to games. You just can't.  If you are the most loyal fan, you find a way to go.  And don't watch other games when Auburn is on.  Your argument makes no sense at all.  Why do you think I based my business in Atlanta, instead of Charlotte where it was supposed to go?  Because I couldn't go to games if I did.  If you are as loyal, then actually go to the games.  Sit in that heat, rain, cold, to be there for your team.  It's easy to criticize a team from your couch and hiding in front of a laptop.   It's another to be there for those guys on that field busting their tails off.  

By this reasoning there are only 60-75k loyal Auburn fans on home football Saturdays. Hmmm? I guess since I have three girls that have a cross country meet every damn Saturday in the fall, weekends where I have to take call, as well as multiple other reasons that make it hard to go to more than about one game per year I'll have to find another team to cheer for. Maybe Bammer will take me, lol.

:blink:....most loyal....biggest....more loyal.....more biggest.....bigger loyalist....loyal 'biggerist'. Let me settle this right here, right now.

@augolf1716has become the 'biggest' Auburn fan ever since he began thinking beer is food.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Now I could do this all day with a fan of any sport in Georgia, especially UGA.  I hope the Steele Curtain defense that you love so much (as do I) completely shuts them down in November.  I have been having to deal with them all year making fun of our loss to UGA, and Cam Newton.  It helps to see the 28-3 memes on Facebook though.  Never gets old.

If you are not following Brad Lester on Facebook/Instagram, you really should. He rags on UGA and Atlanta daily. :D

19 hours ago, abw0004 said:

You can't say you are Auburn's most loyal fan and not go to games. You just can't.  If you are the most loyal fan, you find a way to go.  And don't watch other games when Auburn is on.  Your argument makes no sense at all.  Why do you think I based my business in Atlanta, instead of Charlotte where it was supposed to go?  Because I couldn't go to games if I did.  If you are as loyal, then actually go to the games.  Sit in that heat, rain, cold, to be there for your team.  It's easy to criticize a team from your couch and hiding in front of a laptop.   It's another to be there for those guys on that field busting their tails off.  

This is actually a really silly argument. You can be loyal to Auburn but be unable to go to the games. This reminds me of the "look at how many likes I have" comment that someone posted recently. 

5 hours ago, fredst said:

By this reasoning there are only 60-75k loyal Auburn fans on home football Saturdays. Hmmm? I guess since I have three girls that have a cross country meet every damn Saturday in the fall, weekends where I have to take call, as well as multiple other reasons that make it hard to go to more than about one game per year I'll have to find another team to cheer for. Maybe Bammer will take me, lol.

We see where your priorities are. :poke:

-the loyal fans

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Could a mod please just go in and delete all of my comments on this thread?  This just is not worth it on a topic that is irrelevant to the OP.  None of this should have come to light as I was originally just trying to throw Gwill a complement for a good thread.  That's all I was trying to do.  Thank you.  

lol so you want us all to look crazy like we are talking to ourselves just to benefit you?!?! That is not being very LOYAL to your fellow Auburn fam!!! O COME ON!!! you know you chuckled at that!

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Like I said to everyone else, please read my posts carefully.  I said the most loyal.  Which is true.  If someone is saying they are the most loyal Auburn fan, but barely go to any football games, that doesn't really hold up.  Again, this has been explain multiple times.  

IMG_2546.JPG

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol so you want us all to look crazy like we are talking to ourselves just to benefit you?!?! That is not being very LOYAL to your fellow Auburn fam!!! O COME ON!!! you know you chuckled at that!

No it was funny.  I just don't want to take focus away from your thread, which is think needs the attention.  It's a good thread, and our defense needs the credit it has needed since last year.  

On 9/19/2017 at 3:12 PM, GwillMac6 said:

WAR DAMN KEVIN STEELE!!!! I was so so SOOO very wrong about you. I was not impressed with the hire and was down on it. So glad you have shut me and a lot of other people up and are playing some of the best defense since the middle of the Tubs era.

I would love this post if it were not for the obvious.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

2014 Nick Marshall is rolling in his grave 

Imagine if we had this defense with Nick Marshall running the zone read at QB and RPO's with Duke Williams & Sammie Coates... UNSTOPPABLE!!

57 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Imagine if we had this defense with Nick Marshall running the zone read at QB and RPO's with Duke Williams & Sammie Coates... UNSTOPPABLE!!

So you would think...gus would screw it up somehow

20 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

This is actually a really silly argument. You can be loyal to Auburn but be unable to go to the games. This reminds me of the "look at how many likes I have" comment that someone posted recently. 

Please point me to that discussion. 

12 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Please point me to that discussion. 

Lol bro he deleted the whole conversation to make us all look dumb

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Lol bro he deleted the whole conversation to make us all look dumb

What are you talking about?  I told everyone exactly why I did it.  It wasn't to make anyone to look dumb.

Here is the conversation explaining it @ShocksMyBrain:

abw0004: "Could a mod please just go in and delete all of my comments on this thread?  This just is not worth it on a topic that is irrelevant to the OP.  None of this should have come to light as I was originally just trying to throw Gwill a complement for a good thread.  That's all I was trying to do.  Thank you."

GwillMac6:  "lol so you want us all to look crazy like we are talking to ourselves just to benefit you?!?! That is not being very LOYAL to your fellow Auburn fam!!! O COME ON!!! you know you chuckled at that!"

abw0004:  "No it was funny.  I just don't want to take focus away from your thread, which is think needs the attention.  It's a good thread, and our defense needs the credit it has needed since last year."

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What are you talking about?  I told everyone exactly why I did it.  It wasn't to make anyone to look dumb.

Here is the conversation explaining it @ShocksMyBrain:

abw0004: "Could a mod please just go in and delete all of my comments on this thread?  This just is not worth it on a topic that is irrelevant to the OP.  None of this should have come to light as I was originally just trying to throw Gwill a complement for a good thread.  That's all I was trying to do.  Thank you."

GwillMac6:  "lol so you want us all to look crazy like we are talking to ourselves just to benefit you?!?! That is not being very LOYAL to your fellow Auburn fam!!! O COME ON!!! you know you chuckled at that!"

abw0004:  "No it was funny.  I just don't want to take focus away from your thread, which is think needs the attention.  It's a good thread, and our defense needs the credit it has needed since last year."

Not sure why my posts had to be sacrificed. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not sure why my posts had to be sacrificed. 

I just checked, your posts are still there.  I deleted mine, but did not ask for any others to be deleted.  Or you mean my posts to you?  I actually thought you had some good points.  Never had any issues with your stuff in general, or other threads either.

26 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I just checked, your posts are still there.  I deleted mine, but did not ask for any others to be deleted.  Or you mean my posts to you?  I actually thought you had some good points.  Never had any issues with your stuff in general, or other threads either.

Ahh, ok. I thought the whole convo got zapped. Insert GW inserting hug gifs

Archived