Mississippi State vs UGA

AURex

Wow! What a great matchup. Coming off their annihilation of LSU, Miss State travels to Athens, GA to do battle with UGA.

UGA has the Vegas line right now, but ya know what? Mis State has a team.

I'm watching this closely, because our boys play both of these teams this season,. and ...... EEEK!

8 hours ago, AURex said:

Wow! What a great matchup. Coming off their annihilation of LSU, Miss State travels to Athens, GA to do battle with UGA.

UGA has the Vegas line right now, but ya know what? Mis State has a team.

I'm watching this closely, because our boys play both of these teams this season,. and ...... EEEK!

I predict the Bulldogs to win. 

?

Indeed...just a couple weeks ago, nobody would have bothered with this game except Bulldog fans.....now it's looking pretty significant.

Does miss state have a let down in this game after an emotional curb stomping of a West rival? 

I think Miss St matches up well with UGA. A shutdown run defense is going to force Fromm to throw (something they haven’t really asked him to do yet), and the dual threat in Fitzgerald is enough to give UGA a couple fits on defense. Ultimately UGA looked on par with Notre Dame and MSU spanked LSU, but it’s the strength vs. strength matchup that gives the advantage to the West Bulldogs for me :Sing:

Hope MSU beats them, gets a case of big head and then strolls into Auburn over confident.  Despite my misgivings about Gus I really think if we can handle Mizzou and then take down MSU things could get rolling for us. 

I'm not sold on Georgia yet (as a contender, anyway). Contrary to what ESPN says, beating Notre Dame just isn't that big anymore.

I hope we're getting those dollars ready for Mullen. I'm not betting on it, but I'd be HYPED if we somehow landed him. I don't care about what happened with Cam anymore.

If you go back and watch the LSU game, LSU left at least 14 points on the table because of penalties. MSU was no doubt the better team that night but I don't believe the score is indicative of the gap between these two teams. LSU was undisciplined on both sides of the ball and that is 100% coaching. Perfect example of why an AD needs to hire the best coach not the home town "most liked" coach. Everyone loves Coach O and he is a great motivator but unfortunately for him I don't think he will be an SEC head coach for long. 

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'm not sold on Georgia yet (as a contender, anyway). Contrary to what ESPN says, beating Notre Dame just isn't that big anymore.

I hope we're getting those dollars ready for Mullen. I'm not betting on it, but I'd be HYPED if we somehow landed him. I don't care about what happened with Cam anymore.

?

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Seems like Moo St has at least one paid player on the current roster.  I don't want Mullen anywhere near our campus.  There's baggage there, regardless of how good of a coach he is (and I believe he is good).  

17 hours ago, csgau said:

Would pull for a North Korea based team before thuga

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

I do.  I think I'd rather have Kim Jong as a coach than Dan Mullen. And if his wife would stay out of the state of Alabama that would be fine too.

^^ Did I hate him for it for years after? Hell yes. Would I be willing to forgive him if we somehow had the opportunity to land the second best coach in the SEC? Again, hell yes.

• WarTiger changed the title to Mississippi State vs UGA

Dawgs just burned the bullies on a flea flicker....and quickly up 7-0.....MSU better get themselves composed

Archived