Seriously? DNC Vice Chair Keith Ellison Compares Illegal Immigrants to Jews in Nazi Germany

Auburn85

https://www.mediaite.com/columnists/seriously-dnc-vice-chair-keith-ellison-compares-illegal-immigrants-to-jews-in-nazi-germany/

The subject of illegal immigration is a sensitive one no matter what your position is. Even President Trump has shown how complex the issue is with his shifting rhetoric on DACA in recent weeks.  But in the current political climate where emotion overrides logic, ridiculous things are said on both sides of the aisle.

Enter DNC Vice Chair and sitting congressman Keith Ellison (D-MN) in footage captured by a GOP-affiliated opposition research group.

On Monday, Ellison spoke at an event called “Beyond DACA” in Minneapolis where he said that the fight over DACA is “all of our fight.”

He then expressed his support for sanctuary cities.

“I’m going to tell you right now, I’m one of them people who believes you should give your neighbors sanctuary,” Ellison said. “If you ask yourself, ‘What would I do if I was a Gentile in 1941 if my Jewish neighbors were under attack by the Nazis? Would I give them sanctuary?’ — you might be about to find out what you would do. Will you pass that moral test or will you fail it?”

Umm… what?!?

There are so many things wrong with that statement, I don’t know where to begin. But let’s start off by laying out the distinctions between illegal immigrants and Jews who were targeted in Nazi-controlled Europe.

First, aside from the DREAMers, or children who illegally came to the United States with their parents, the majority of illegal immigrants chose to break the law and come into the United State illegally. Meanwhile, Jews were already living in Europe (and legally I might add) before Adolf Hitler seized power.

Secondly, the left continues to paint this picture that ICE is rounding up non-violent illegals by the thousands and purposefully trying to break up families when in reality, it’s Democrat-supported sanctuary cities that shield violent illegals who have caused pain and suffering for people who actually belong in this country from deportation. Several Trump administration officials including Attorney General Jeff Sessions and then-DHS Secretary John Kelly have repeatedly said their primary targets are violent illegals. Meanwhile, Nazis rounded up Jews not for deportation… but for concentration camps where 6 million of them died.

Finally, it’s a bit shocking to hear Ellison suggest that he’d help his “Jewish neighbors” considering he defended anti-Semites for years including Louis Farrakhan and how he complained that U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East is “governed by what is good or bad through a country of 7 million people” who live in Israel, the one Jewish nation in the entire world whose foundation was a direct result of the Holocaust, something apparently is near and dear to his heart. And it’s rich for him to disgrace the millions of Jews who suffered in Europe on the week of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year.

And this guy is now second in command at the DNC.

When Ellison compares illegal immigrants to Jews during WWII, he’s also comparing U.S. law enforcement to Nazis. I don’t know about you but I think it’s insulting to depict police officers and ICE agents as a bunch of heartless brownshirts.

Ellison appears to have forgotten that he is the member of the legislative branch. If he wants to legalize the estimated 11 million undocumented migrants who are currently in this country, it is up to him and his colleagues in Congress to legislate and make it happen. Perhaps he should stop making asinine comparisons and get to work.

Archived