Kerryon Johnson update anyone?

TigerfanKM

According to Gus's presser, KJ will play Saturday.  With that being said many people (myself included) believe if he does play that there is little to no chance he is 100%.  So basically between 2 RBs that will be playing neither will be 100%.

3 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Gus even said he wasn't ?

SO WHY PLAY HIM AT ALL!!!!!.......risk further injury?         Man, this guy continues to amaze.    If Magoo can't run an offensive game plan  without playing an injured player, then what does that say about him.   I have nothing personal against Mr. Wizard, the dad,the husband, the family man, nothing              yet.   Its the HC at AU part that makes me want to say bad things

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

SO WHY PLAY HIM AT ALL!!!!!.......risk further injury?         Man, this guy continues to amaze.    If Magoo can't run an offensive game plan  without playing an injured player, then what does that say about him.   I have nothing personal against Mr. Wizard, the dad,the husband, the family man, nothing              yet.   Its the HC at AU part that makes me want to say bad things

To be fair, Gus hasn't played him against Missouri yet.

Gus is uber worried about turnovers (and blocking for QB).  I think that leads to irrational personnel decisions.

primary exhibit is the lack of PT by the young back up RBs

as far as pass block, id like to think a solid coach could scheme around that issue

The official word from coaches on KJ is that he's "available." 

In NFL terms one would upgrade his status from "doubtful" to "questionable."

If I were looking at this type of injury in other players, I would doubt that he is actually fully ready to go just yet. Also, no matter how good he might feel now, I would guess that this is one of those lingering injuries that likely might start feeling better and then is an on again/off again flare up through the season.

no further info being made available regarding KJ for now. 

I would pay money for Auburn to play 4 different backs on Saturday.

As Stutts pointed out, our plan is not a smart plan.  And as the AUDevil-man said, no sin has been committed yet.   I shall hope and pray.  

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

If I were looking at this type of injury in other players, I would doubt that he is actually fully ready to go just yet. Also, no matter how good he might feel now, I would guess that this is one of those lingering injuries that likely might start feeling better and then is an on again/off again flare up through the season.

Is Malik Miller healthy? Just heard something on a radio show that insinuated he isnt.

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

Is Malik Miller healthy? Just heard something on a radio show that insinuated he isnt.

You're gonna hear "little banged up" for all of our backs for the next several weeks. Miller is probably healthier than our first 2 starters. But yes he's dealing with a small issue he suffered in practice. Nothing severe. 

What is with us not rotating the backs more?  There was no damn reason to give Bubba 34 carries last game and none to any other back.  Do they not trust them with pass blocking?  Don't tell me ball security because Bubba put one on the ground along with two WRs that I didn't see riding the pine for it.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What is with us not rotating the backs more?  There was no damn reason to give Bubba 34 carries last game and none to any other back.  Do they not trust them with pass blocking?  Don't tell me ball security because Bubba put one on the ground along with two WRs that I didn't see riding the pine for it.

If Malzahn got a flat tire, instead of pulling over to change it, he would think to himself maybe I'll just drive real slow until i get home. Meanwhile, he is backing up traffic for miles, the tire starts shredding off the rim, the rim is throwing sparks on the gas tank, and his truck is engulfed in flames right into his driveway. Hey, atleast he made it home today. Although his home is now in danger of being burned to the ground as well. 

Ok, maybe he isnt that stubborn but its pretty close.

5 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Gus even said he wasn't ?

If Gus said he's not 100% I'll take this to mean he is more than ready to play. He never shoots straight about injuries or suspensions. Why should I believe he is telling the truth now

why doesn't Auburn use all its playmakers?

because they aren't ready? that's coaching

Don't know the playbook? are you kidding, uat has a chapter in their's called Auburn playbook, it's one page.

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

If Malzahn got a flat tire, instead of pulling over to change it, he would think to himself maybe I'll just drive real slow until i get home. Meanwhile, he is backing up traffic for miles, the tire starts shredding off the rim, the rim is throwing sparks on the gas tank, and his truck is engulfed in flames right into his driveway. Hey, atleast he made it home today. Although his home is now in danger of being burned to the ground as well. 

Ok, maybe he isnt that stubborn but its pretty close.

That's why he bought the BMW. They come with run-flat tires and knowing how he doesn't like change it just seemed the logical car for him. ;)

1 hour ago, WarEagle123 said:

If Gus said he's not 100% I'll take this to mean he is more than ready to play. He never shoots straight about injuries or suspensions. Why should I believe he is telling the truth now

He usually lies in the opposite direction. When has he ever come right out said someone wasn't going to be full speed?

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

There is the theory that they are trying to "run" him into shape. Pettaway pretty much did not participate in the spring, had no real live fall practice either and missed the first game. Evidently he is dealing with a foot issue that could limit his practice each week. The argument could be made that he is not game shape ready and the only time he can get himself ready is by carrying the ball a lot during a game. The only time he is anywhere near full speed is on game day when his foot has been numbed up. This is a theory that I have heard others mention. It is not mine and have not decided if it holds water or not. 

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Hamstrings are one of those weird injuries that you can feel good all week but all it takes is using those fast twitch muscles the wrong way and you aggravate it again. Unfortunately the only way to know this is by going live 100% which I highly doubt he's done in practice. Honestly I think he holds out as much as possible as we SHOULD have our way with Mizzou. I would rather have him healthier vs Moo St bc we all know that will be a physical game.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Pass blocking, blitz pickups.  If Stidham gets hurt, it's a 5-6 season for Gus and millionaire unemployment.  

Archived