Kerryon Johnson update anyone?

TigerfanKM

19 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

There is the theory that they are trying to "run" him into shape. Pettaway pretty much did not participate in the spring, had no real live fall practice either and missed the first game. Evidently he is dealing with a foot issue that could limit his practice each week. The argument could be made that he is not game shape ready and the only time he can get himself ready is by carrying the ball a lot during a game. The only time he is anywhere near full speed is on game day when his foot has been numbed up. This is a theory that I have heard others mention. It is not mine and have not decided if it holds water or not. 

Wouldn't be surprised . He honestly is one of those cliche backs that gets stronger as the game goes on. What better way to build some endurance than vs a team you physically over match 

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Pass blocking, blitz pickups.  If Stidham gets hurt, it's a 5-6 season for Gus and millionaire unemployment.  

You know this or just guessing?

6 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

what did Gus say?

wait, nevermind.......

if I had to guess he plays.  at about 75%, can't cut very well, tries to do to much and gets hurt again.

That is what I am afraid of.

2 hours ago, WarEagle123 said:

If Gus said he's not 100% I'll take this to mean he is more than ready to play. He never shoots straight about injuries or suspensions. Why should I believe he is telling the truth now

I understand folks are upset.  And, I am too but lets be realistic.

I suspect that the reason why CGM doesn't give details on injuries is because he can't.  HIPAA and all that stuff.  Also, I don't expect Gus to be very forthcoming when it comes to personnel issues (suspensions and injuries).  And, I'm fine with that.  I am not an insider or on staff in the program so I don't expect to know every detail of the football program. 

I know Martin has had some issues holding the ball, but let him play until he proves otherwise. Let Barrett & Martin take some reps and let each one carry the ball at least 5 times. If you keep them off of the field they will never overcome any issues with ball security. Who knows, they might set the woods on fire and give KJ & KP some relief and get their wounds healed for MSU and the upcoming SEC slate.  I hope that this is the game where JS has the light to come on and show us the QB we all pray our hearts out for to succeed and get us back in the saddle.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I know Martin has had some issues holding the ball, but let him play until he proves otherwise. Let Barrett & Martin take some reps and let each one carry the ball at least 5 times. If you keep them off of the field they will never overcome any issues with ball security. Who knows, they might set the woods on fire and give KJ & KP some relief and get their wounds healed for MSU and the upcoming SEC slate.  I hope that this is the game where JS has the light to come on and show us the QB we all pray our hearts out for to succeed and get us back in the saddle.

So 32/37 for 364 yards wasn't good enough for you? 

10 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

So 32/37 for 364 yards wasn't good enough for you? 

It was darn good indeed!  What I am saying is that when he gets back into SEC level competition,  he needs to take it up a notch so he does not have another Clemson game against some of the quality defenses he will soon face.  He is getting there and I am proud of his progress. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. You are right saying his stats are good and they were. We all just want to see him succeed on the SEC level like we all still think he can do once he gets the rust totally off. He will make mistakes and that is part of the big picture when you strive for a level of success that gives us a chance to win the west.

how in the world do we find ourselves into the 4th game of the season, our two best backs are hurt and we are afraid of using our bench???

ARRRGHHHHH !!!!   This is baffling.:angry:

23 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

If Malzahn got a flat tire, instead of pulling over to change it, he would think to himself maybe I'll just drive real slow until i get home. Meanwhile, he is backing up traffic for miles, the tire starts shredding off the rim, the rim is throwing sparks on the gas tank, and his truck is engulfed in flames right into his driveway. Hey, atleast he made it home today. Although his home is now in danger of being burned to the ground as well. 

Ok, maybe he isnt that stubborn but its pretty close.

Don't know if I totally agreed with this. I know he is stubborn but not that stubborn. That said thank you for posting this I got a huge laugh out of it.

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

It was darn good indeed!  What I am saying is that when he gets back into SEC level competition,  he needs to take it up a notch so he does not have another Clemson game against some of the quality defenses he will soon face.  He is getting there and I am proud of his progress. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. You are right saying his stats are good and they were. We all just want to see him succeed on the SEC level like we all still think he can do once he gets the rust totally off. He will make mistakes and that is part of the big picture when you strive for a level of success that gives us a chance to win the west.

I agree numbers were good but to many times it was because he had so much time receivers were wide open. As good as he looked I did not see enough of him hitting receivers as they made initial cuts. A good QB has to hit receivers as they are starting to get open into tight Windows as that is all you get against great defenses.  The difference in the Clemson game is their QB threw to receivers who were barely open and they made catches our QB waited and got sacked.  

Archived