Nebraska AD fired

AU64

Guess Mike Riley is next....he was bad hire anyway...and bet Huskers wish the still had Solich ?

They shouldn't have fired Pelini either. Say what you will about his personality, but he had 5 top 25 finishes and at least a share of 4 division titles in 7 years. Not to mention he never won less than 9 games a year and never lost to NIU.

Pelini was their version of Sunny G.   they just tolerated him much longer....the move to BIG has not worked out too well.

Huskers are in a world of hurt. Still living in the pass of Tom and Bob. They have no recruiting base......they would be better off running the GTech wishbone

edit. I can tell you from experience living in Husker land is no picnic. You have two seasons winter and summer. Like to have froze my ass off from Oct to thru March and I lived on a golf course in Omaha. One of the worst place on the face of earth................but they are some of the best fans in the world

Can we start the Jay Jacobs to Nebraska Go Fund Me page now?:)

1 hour ago, hutchids said:

They shouldn't have fired Pelini either. Say what you will about his personality, but he had 5 top 25 finishes and at least a share of 4 division titles in 7 years. Not to mention he never won less than 9 games a year and never lost to NIU.

Yep. Miles is Cajun for Pelini.

Having grown up in the 80's and 90's its odd and sad to see how far that program has fallen.  Just doesn't seem right for Nebraska to be so down.  They should still be in the Big 12 and I hope they find a good coach that can bring them back.  But in this day and age with their location and how recruiting is now its gonna take a special coach with a special system....like, oh I don't know the triple option or something...

Archived