Some thoughts on Mizzou......

JMR

Saw a piece from one of the NFL players who slammed the league about its injury report policies which apparently are mostly generated to assist the gamblers in keeping the point spread accurate. Certainly, no team benefits by telling its opponents about players who will not be available. 

Good grief I realize I've made myself a target of the Gus Love Committee with some of my remarks but my remark about dreading hearing about injuries or suspensions right before a game had ZERO to do with Gus.  I could care less what he tells us or the media.  I was just making a general remark based on how it seems we have had someone out right before every game.  It was not a Gus bash in anyway and I have never bet on a game in my life so hiding injuries doesn't bother me at all. 

7 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Thanks Coach, enjoyed the analysis. I think KMartin and DBarrett could have lots of success against Mizzou — if they play. Also Iggy looked good running to the outside last week. I think this is a game our playmakers on both sides of the ball could dominate so I’m intrigued as to how we plan to use those guys.

Who are these players you are referring to? Pretty sure they don’t play for us  

I kid of course. :)

6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Lol have a good night. WDE

:ucrazy:

16 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Good grief I realize I've made myself a target of the Gus Love Committee with some of my remarks but my remark about dreading hearing about injuries or suspensions right before a game had ZERO to do with Gus.  I could care less what he tells us or the media.  I was just making a general remark based on how it seems we have had someone out right before every game.  It was not a Gus bash in anyway and I have never bet on a game in my life so hiding injuries doesn't bother me at all. 

No.. I was just expressing a general philosophical view......tell 'em nothing....no matter who is the coach.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Thanks Coach, enjoyed the analysis. I think KMartin and DBarrett could have lots of success against Mizzou — if they play. Also Iggy looked good running to the outside last week. I think this is a game our playmakers on both sides of the ball could dominate so I’m intrigued as to how we plan to use those guys.

Yes man! Barrett and Iggy both could have easy sprung some long runs when they came in. Play these guys! All that talk preseason and they're acting like we don't have rb depth!

• Love 1

22 hours ago, gravejd said:

The more i've learned about Mizzou the more worried i've gotten. Just looking at the blowouts by USCe and Purdue will get your guard down. But they're strong points match up well with our week points. They've got some guys that can get after the QB which we have struggled with and they have a QB that knows how to avoid the sacks. Should or running game continue to struggle and their QB and WR get on the same page this could be a game we could easily lose. I'm expecting we'll be able to handle them but its not as sure a thing as i was thinking earlier in the week. 

Agreed. And let's not forget that every QB turns into Tom Brady when they face Auburn.