AU is the 10th most valuable CFB team!

GwillMac6

this is per the wall street journal.

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

#5/SEC!

nice neighborhood

We should be 4th. I see no way in 2017 by any metric that ol Rocky Top is a better, more valuable or more appealing program than us. but hey top 5 in the sec baby!! I will take it! haha

The study was conducted in a way to try and measure how much a team would be worth if it were sold on the open market like a professional sports team. With that said, Ohio State would rank last among all NFL teams in terms of total value, as the 32nd team in the NFL is the Buffalo Bills worth $1.6 billion, according to Forbes. The Dallas Cowboys are No. 1 with a current value of $4.8 billion.

Interesting metric.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We should be 4th. I see no way in 2017 by any metric that ol Rocky Top is a better, more valuable or more appealing program than us. but hey top 5 in the sec baby!! I will take it! haha

Two positive posts in one week! :yay:  Nice!

I can see why Tennessee would be so high seeing their history.  Where I am surprised is Georgia, who has done nothing in the last 30 years.  That to me is more surprising for the SEC.  I would put Florida over UGA actually.  

1 hour ago, wildlife alumni said:

Still pretty good. I would have thought Southern Cal would be higher.

I assume alumni base has a considerable influence on whatever matrix was used.  USC and Notre Dame are the only private schools on that list.

And Ole Miss 23rd?  Really??

12 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I assume alumni base has a considerable influence on whatever matrix was used.  USC and Notre Dame are the only private schools on that list.

And Ole Miss 23rd?  Really??

ND is different of course but otherwise, AU is highest non-flagship university in the top 10 and again, other than ND has fewer students and most likely fewer alums than about every school ranked higher.....but what surprised me is that we are ranked higher than the Aggies and Florida....and a number of other pretty serious athletic programs having much larger student bodies. .

South Carolina. 15th. Hmmmm . All state schools mostly. That's a rarity. 

We need to be above Georgia and Tennessee. And a top ten football program ranked consistently. 

Archived