***FINAL: Auburn 51 Mizzou 14***

RunInRed

Great win.  Here's what I saw from the stands.

- Major O line improvement

- Aggressive early play calling

- Multiple ball carriers

- Only concern was what seemed like a  limited pass rush

- A lot of empty seats

Mizzou fans are great in general.  Nice folks just there to have a good time.  Beautiful campus.  GORGEOUS co-eds.  I'll happily come back here any time.

WDE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I agree. We executed a solid game plan. No drama. Played the seconds, Won big on the road. But OMG...How bad is Mizzou? 

"Name your score" bad.

A very solid game by the team tonight with a lot of improvement. Stidham is an excellent passer and more in command of the offense every week. He spread the ball around to 10 different receivers and was very accurate, yet again. Gus operated as a HC, Lindsey did a nice job for the most part on the play calling, the OL was improved and not as tentative and the WRs played better. On the other side of the ball, the DL was strong as usual and the LBs did a good job picking up for the absense of Tre Williams, although he was definitely missed out there. It was a good all around game. Nice job team and coaches.

I'd be interested to see what our run-pass percentage on first down was (with the starters).

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

- Multiple ball carriers

- A lot of empty seats

Mizzou fans are great in general.  Nice folks just there to have a good time.  Beautiful campus.  GORGEOUS co-eds.  I'll happily come back here any time.

WDE

that stadium looks like a dump on tv. I mean rocks in the end zone?! really? SO BOBO!!!! Makes Jordan-Hare with all of our cosmetic issues look like jerry world in comparison! lol

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

- Multiple ball carriers

- A lot of empty seats

WDE

To their credit Missouri's Oline has done well at protecting their qb all year. But our Dline was great once again in the run game and in play recognition. 

I’m sorry but I cannot get over this redzone wildcat formation. It never worked last year after the Kentucky game because the defenses got stiffer( please fact check me). Even some of the wildcat TD’s last night would’ve been TFL if not for the feeble tackle attempts by Missouri. That’s not going to happen against the UGA’s, Bama’s, and possibly the LSU’s of the SEC. Missouri’s defense is as bad as our scout team; please don’t read anything into the improvement of our offensive gameplan from last night!  Even if I thought our OL was strong enough to move elite bodies around( which they’re not), it’s still as predictable as  predicting the sun will come up. I’m calling upon some of the reasonable posters to either walk me off the ledge or to confirm my own beliefs. @TitanTiger, @metafour, and the former Jacksonville State player( whatever his username is.) 

Other takeaways:

-The Auburn fan that was spotlighted by ESPN is the GOAT!!! What was his name? And  how exactly did they get their que to spotlight him? Family?

-Acy tried to decapitate NM 2.0’s head. Ef that guy and Barry Odom’s coaching. Just to think people used to think he had pretty disciplined teams.

-Malik Willis is no where near ready. If we need him this year, we are screwed. 

- Our defense was lulled into giving up a few passes over the top. Fortunately, they were dropped. 

-Kyle Davis isn’t targeted enough.

-Daniel Carlson is back.

-I wish we could reward TDs to others not named Kerryon.

-The announcers said we had an obviously great coaching staff. 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m sorry but I cannot get over this redzone wildcat formation. It never worked last year after the Kentucky game because the defenses got stiffer( please fact check me). Even some of the wildcat TD’s last night would’ve been TFL if not for the feeble tackle attempts by Missouri. That’s not going to happen against the UGA’s, Bama’s, and possibly the LSU’s of the SEC. Missouri’s defense is as bad as our scout team; please don’t read anything into the improvement of our offensive gameplan from last night!  Even if I thought our OL was strong enough to move elite bodies around( which they’re not), it’s still as predictable as  predicting the sun will come up. I’m calling upon some of the reasonable posters to either walk me off the ledge or to confirm my own beliefs. @TitanTiger, @metafour, and the former Jacksonville State player( whatever his username is.) 

Other takeaways:

-The Auburn fan that was spotlighted by ESPN is the GOAT!!! What was his name? And  how exactly did they get their que to spotlight him? Family?

-Acy tried to decapitate NM 2.0’s head. Ef that guy and Barry Odom’s coaching. Just to think people used to think he had pretty disciplined teams.

-Malik Willis is no where near ready. If we need him this year, we are screwed. 

- Our defense was lulled into giving up a few passes over the top. Fortunately, they were dropped. 

-Kyle Davis isn’t targeted enough.

-Daniel Carlson is back.

-I wish we could reward TDs to others not named Kerryon.

-The announcers said we had an obviously great coaching staff. 

Yes, we need to work on some other aspects of redzone offense besides the Wildcat.  But it has been effective and we wanted to get up on them and not screw around.  UGA ran wildcat yesterday a few snaps with Nick Chubb.  It's part of offenses these days and in goal line situations, it's still not a bad call as long as we diversify.  It gives you an extra blocker you don't have when a QB hands the ball off.

You're really straining at gnats to be this upset about a 51-14 thumping on the road.  I'm not saying "all is well" and we're running the table.  I've said all along that  this 4-game stretch we need to improve rapidly before LSU but I think we are starting to get there.  It didn't show against Mercer much because of sloppy ball handling.  But we did what we were supposed to do last night.  We didn't struggle, we were aggressive, KJ looked healthy, defense played well especially without their leading tackler out there and a starting CB not playing.  Yes, there's still a lot of things to improve on, but be happy man!

JS is getting better by the week. Very accurate. Glad to see multiple running backs.  Hope Kam Martin’s carries increases. Overall, team is coming full circle. Definitely better than an 8-4 team. This team can beat lsu , uga, and line up well with bama. 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're really straining at gnats to be this upset about a 51-14 thumping on the road

I’m not upset about the score and I’m not upset that the wildcat led to points. If we don’t diversify our offense, I don’t see how we are planning to score in the RZ starting next week. Why can’t we keep Stidham back there and throw some slants in the redzone? Or throw a fade? Yeah, Georgia uses the wildcat as a weapon. They don’t use it as religiously as do. The wildcat is basically our whole RZ offense. 

The wildcat was popular years ago when Ronnie Brown was with the Dolphins and has faded from popularity ever since. I’m assuming it faded because the defenses caught up to it. When the team running the wildcat has superior talent on the field, the offense isn’t a bad concept as we are loading up on a lot of mean bodies to attack one area, but what happens when the game isn’t dictated that way?

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m not upset about the score and I’m not upset that the wildcat led to points. If we don’t diversify our offense, I don’t see how we are planning to score in the RZ starting next week. Why can’t we keep Stidham back there and throw some slants in the redzone? Or throw a fade? Yeah, Georgia uses the wildcat as a weapon. They don’t use it as religiously as do. The wildcat is basically our whole RZ offense. 

The wildcat was popular years ago when Ronnie Brown was with the Dolphins and has faded from popularity ever since. I’m assuming it faded because the defenses caught up to it. When the team running the wildcat has superior talent on the field, the offense isn’t a bad concept as we are loading up on a lot of mean bodies to attack one area, but what happens when the game isn’t dictated that way?

Why do you refuse to see the moral superiority of using the wildcat?

:lol:

Nobody complained when Caddy or Tre got all the TD runs or Cam.  What's the deal about KJ?.  You want the guy who gives you the best chance to score and he has speed enough..and power enough.. and vision to find a place to run.   Good for him.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nobody complained when Caddy or Tre got all the TD runs or Cam.  What's the deal about KJ?.  You want the guy who gives you the best chance to score and he has speed enough..and power enough.. and vision to find a place to run.   Good for him.

Kerryon can eat his heart out in a healthy offense too.

Because we've seen this before.

....Lots of fg's in the near future. 

Great game though. I hate Mizzou. Fake girlfriends. Fake reasons to go on strike and fire a school pres. Those boys suck.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Acy tried to decapitate NM 2.0’s head. Ef that guy and Barry Odom’s coaching. Just to think people used to think he had pretty disciplined teams.

Yes. That appeared deliberate and wish he was flagged for a fragrant and ejected. Willis was taking some nasty frustration hits from Missouri.  Reminded me of Cam in his first ProBowl. 

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

Because we've seen this before.

....Lots of fg's in the near future. 

Great game though. I hate Mizzou. Fake girlfriends. Fake reasons to go on strike and fire a school pres. Those boys suck.

So....got a better plan?    Passing in the red zone is not that great a plan...especially inside the 10.....advantage shifts to the defense with smaller field to cover.. Since JS is not Nick or Cam....it's useful to have an extra blocking back for the running game and running the ball is an AU staple.. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Passing in the red zone is not that great a plan...especially inside the 10.....advantage shifts to the defense with smaller field to cover

We have had redzone issues for three years running. Having the ability to pass inside the ten is the top thing on my wishlist and should be on yours too. 

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes. That appeared deliberate and wish he was flagged for a fragrant and ejected. Willis was taking some nasty frustration hits from Missouri.  Reminded me of Cam in his first ProBowl. 

It was nasty. If Willis didn’t grab his helmet, no telling what could have happened. It probably wasn’t intentional but it shows just how undisciplined their team was. 

We still aren't getting the push we need up the middle in the run game, we aren't using the middle of the field in the passing game and we are relying too heavily on the Wildcat in the red zone. 

Can we not try and pass the ball across the goal line....ever? No fades to Canella, Davis or jump balls?  Missouri is in shambles right now as a football team. After a certain point, we should have been working on our weaknesses, instead of going back to the same old, same old. 

For the love of Pete, can we stop the nonsense where we have a RB sprint for 50+ yards and then HUNH just to give the same RB the ball on a dive up the middle for no gain? It is beyond logic. 

Nice win, but we still have an awful lot to work out. 

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

We still aren't getting the push we need up the middle in the run game, we aren't using the middle of the field in the passing game and we are relying too heavily on the Wildcat in the red zone. 

Can we not try and pass the ball across the goal line....ever? No fades to Canella, Davis or jump balls?  Missouri is in shambles right now as a football team. After a certain point, we should have been working on our weaknesses, instead of going back to the same old, same old. 

For the love of Pete, can we stop the nonsense where we have a RB sprint for 50+ yards and then HUNH just to give the same RB the ball on a dive up the middle for no gain? It is beyond logic. 

Nice win, but we still have an awful lot to work out. 

Step-Brothers-Did-we-just-become-best-fr

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We have had redzone issues for three years running. Having the ability to pass inside the ten is the top thing on my wishlist and should be on yours too. 

It's on my wish list but I sure don't see much of it anywhere.....just not that easy to establish.....and not just for AU.  See lots of offensive drives by passing teams get bogged down inside the ten unless they can run the ball too. 

Archived