***FINAL: Auburn 51 Mizzou 14***

RunInRed

I absolutely don't believe MW would look polished, but I expect him to be given a little more of the package other than mostly zone read, especially when he wasn't even "reading".  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stidham looked great. Amazing what he can do with a little pass protection. I think he has the potential to eventually take his place among AU greats, if the coaches don't mess him up and he can stay healthy.

Having KJ back seems to add a spark to the offense. He just seems to be a leader and a player who gives 100% every play. I just hope he can stay healthy. If we have a healthy KP and KJ there is no excuse for not having an offense that is as good as our defense.

Great to see our backups getting playing time. Sad that wasn't the case against Southern or Mercer.  WDE!!

3 hours ago, selias said:

Like I said to Bird earlier:

Happy for the win and glad we emptied the bench but, my primary takeaway is that Mizzou might be one of the worst SEC teams I've ever seen.

I said the same thing last night. Reminded me of AU 2012... they are as close to terrible as you can get. I will take it of course. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see MW play last night.  I don't think anybody thought he we be polished and poised in his first start as a true freshman, however, as many have pointed out, he is very athletic and does have talent.  The best thing about playing him last night is now the coaches have some film on him in a game.  They should be able to use this in MW's development going forward.

I'm hoping that Auburn is in a postition to play MW in more games this season so we have a confident and capable backup QB.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see MW play last night.  I don't think anybody thought he we be polished and poised in his first start as a true freshman, however, as many have pointed out, he is very athletic and does have talent.  The best thing about playing him last night is now the coaches have some film on him in a game.  They should be able to use this in MW's development going forward.

I'm hoping that Auburn is in a postition to play MW in more games this season so we have a confident and capable backup QB.

Agree to some extent but JS is barely more than a freshman also....played less than a full season of games..... and he needs the time on the field.....as much as he can get.  He is still raw ....getting better each game.     MW is the back-up and would be good for him to see a little time but JS is the man right now and that's where the development should be concentrated.

I wish the coaches would have give MW  a series or two with the starting group to get a better feel for what he could really do and let him run the regular O.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Agree to some extent but JS is barely more than a freshman also....played less than a full season of games..... and he needs the time on the field.....as much as he can get.  He is still raw ....getting better each game.     MW is the back-up and would be good for him to see a little time but JS is the man right now and that's where the development should be concentrated.

I agree with the above, I'm not saying we have any QB controversy at all.  JS need to get his reps and he needs to show improvement each and every week.  After the last few years, I get nervous if we have no backup Gus is willing to play when needed.  It puts a lot of stress on JS to stay healthy.

4 hours ago, War Knight said:

I think my own expectations are hurting me here but I'm really concerned about our running game now. Kerryon's stats are ugly and the two young runners really performed better.

They are a bit skewed by how many goal line runs he had.  Even when he easily gets into the end zone, it's a 1-3 yard carry tops.  And he had 5 TDs.  Take those off and it's probably around 4 ypc.  Not incredible, but not bad either.

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

They are a bit skewed by how many goal line runs he had.  Even when he easily gets into the end zone, it's a 1-3 yard carry tops.  And he had 5 TDs.  Take those off and it's probably around 4 ypc.  Not incredible, but not bad either.

Good point Titan! I think we'll be fine. I was, at the very least, happy that we got other backs in the game.

One thing we havent seen in almost a year, actually, almost never. KP and KJ sharing carries. Maybe that will be thing thay finally breaks us loose.

Come to think of it- how many games has KP and KJ (both healthy) shared carries?

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

One thing we havent seen in almost a year, actually, almost never. KP and KJ sharing carries. Maybe that will be thing thay finally breaks us loose.

Come to think of it- how many games has KP and KJ (both healthy) shared carries?

Probably the :arky: game last year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869030

So did the refs get the check mixed up and somehow bama's payment went to our official crew? We got all the calls bama gets on a regular basis. That "hit out of bounds" on Stidham was pretty sketchy. The Drew Loc fumble looked like forward motion to me. And Holland was offsides on a play that could have helped Mizzous drive. Made me feel dirty that we got that many calls in one game....doesnt sit well with me that the officiating was that bad.

Does anybody feel like these were good calls/no calls?

22 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

So did the refs get the check mixed up and somehow bama's payment went to our official crew? We got all the calls bama gets on a regular basis. That "hit out of bounds" on Stidham was pretty sketchy. The Drew Loc fumble looked like forward motion to me. And Holland was offsides on a play that could have helped Mizzous drive. Made me feel dirty that we got that many calls in one game....doesnt sit well with me that the officiating was that bad.

Does anybody feel like these were good calls/no calls?

Eh, they were close calls but refs make mistakes every game.  Yeah most of them went our way for a change but trust me there will be a game down the road where it will seem like every call went against us so it all evens out.  Wouldn't have helped Mizzou anyway. 

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Kind'a handy to have around.

On 9/24/2017 at 9:00 AM, DAG said:

A simple slant would do wonders when we need to just get to the sticks. Watched the Aggies do it all day yesterday

This is what irks me...Casual fans and armchair qb's (not saying that you are one of these) can easily point out stuff like this. Why can't coaches that have been doing this for years figure it out and change? they continue to make things hard on themselves man.

I'm satisfied with the fact that we did what we were supposed to do on offense against Mizzou. We should've done the same against GA Southern and Mercer. Hopefully, this game was a confidence booster for the offense. I still think we need a great deal of work but as long as we're getting better each week on offense I'll be pleased. 

Miss. St will def. be a bigger challenge. 

42 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Kind'a handy to have around.

My biggest take away from this season (other then the win/loss record) is to see if CCL can develop MW into a QB that can take the reigns when called upon.

Archived