Kerryon Johnson

Barnacle

Just want to say how exciting it is to see Kerryon healthy. The five touchdowns aside, I don't think the stat line gives his performance justice (only 2.7 yards per carry). I'm very, very anxious to see what our running game looks like with both KJ and KP in the backfield, and in game 2 with the current o-line combination. 

Maybe just bad competition but I thought the O-line combination last night played better football than they had been too. Would love to see all 5 backs keep getting carries somehow or at least be involved (although that's a bunch of guys). KJ would be about right at 10-15/game I think. Love his athleticism

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Love his athleticism

He's an unbelievable athlete. If someone would have taught him to throw a football when he was younger...

But, its clear that he spent a lot of time working hard in the off season. He's bulked up and still very explosive. If he stays healthy, he's going to be instrumental in us winning some tough football games. I really do wonder how things would have looked should he had been healthy for Clemson.

20 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He's an unbelievable athlete. If someone would have taught him to throw a football when he was younger...

But, its clear that he spent a lot of time working hard in the off season. He's bulked up and still very explosive. If he stays healthy, he's going to be instrumental in us winning some tough football games. I really do wonder how things would have looked should he had been healthy for Clemson.

He can catch the ball. He showed that at MA. We need to throw it to him to get him in space instead of running him between the tackles. Hoping Lindsey has plans for that.

It just seems like KJ adds a spark to our offense that is missing when he is out. He seems to be a leader and he gives 100% on every play. And yes, he needs to be used more as receiver coming out of the backfield. If we can keep KP and KJ healthy, and JS keeps improving, our offense has the potential to be something really special.

13 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Just want to say how exciting it is to see Kerryon healthy. The five touchdowns aside, I don't think the stat line gives his performance justice (only 2.7 yards per carry). I'm very, very anxious to see what our running game looks like with both KJ and KP in the backfield, and in game 2 with the current o-line combination. 

Gus actually made a good point on the YPC.  Hard to have more yards for the average when 4 of the 5 TDs were 1-3 yards TD runs.

14 hours ago, fredst said:

He can catch the ball. He showed that at MA. We need to throw it to him to get him in space instead of in addition to running him between the tackles. Hoping Lindsey has plans for that.

IMHO

Archived