Mizzou 10 Positives

War Knight

Much better game this week with lots of positives to choose from. It almost seems like the game against Mercer and Mizzou had flipped results of what should be expected.

1. Jarrett Stidham is still growing and this was the type of game I felt he needed last week for confidence. Glad he got it this week against a bigger opponent. He did exceptionally well on scrambles and, though he under-throws at times, his accuracy is something to marvel at. He throws a very pretty ball with a quick release.

2. The young running backs look stout. I was very very very pleased just to see them in the game at all. It seems they have a bright future as the next tandem here. Hoping we keep them both for the entirety of their college career.

3. Receivers were finally getting open. King and Hastings are running the best routes and it's sad I forgot King was even still here. We have talent everywhere.

4. Pass blocking looked better than it has in previous weeks. Still need to open some better holes but I think the offense is slowly gelling together.

5. Our defensive line did a really good job against a team that was getting the ball out extremely fast. Those boys swarm and can recognize plays really well.

6. Forcing turnovers appeared to be a point of emphasis. There was a play that should be used across America of how and why to practice tip drills.

7. Protecting the ball. We looked much better keeping the ball in be our own hands. Had to of been the point of emphasis at practice this week.

8. Daniel Carlson is back. I feel we almost intentionally gave him big kicks to prove a point. He was destroying those kickoffs.

9. That was the perfect type of game leading into Mississippi State. No injuries, development for young players, and some good momentum!

10. On that same note, I think MW is an excellent true freshman to continue developing. I would be burning the playbook into his mind starting yesterday.

War Eagle!

@War Knight not sure which of these were the biggest plus for the players but as a fan I was glad to see Daniel Carlson get his groove back. :)

Hope we give Malik more chance to throw the football. Felt that hurt us substantially down the stretch. Not that the QBs explicitly couldn't throw, but the staff didn't know how to call a gameplan for em. JF3 showed he could throw the deep ball cold, but we used him for screens and designed QB runs once his # was called. Just dont want MW to have to go through and that and people write him off a failure when he never gets a true chance. Lets take a note from how UA is dealing with Tua? 

7 hours ago, WarPigSooie said:

How many of y'all had '13 fever seeing #14 running an option? haha

It looked like a real read too!

19 hours ago, War Knight said:

It looked like a real read too!

Anyone else notice Gus grab him after one of those plays? It looked like he was drilling the finer points of the read into his brain. We might revert back to the '13 offense if anything happens to JS. lol

Archived