Auburn’s Stidham #1 Power 5 QB Week 4

djg0017

Wow!  He has definitely taken some steps forward. 

Also, I don't remember a single drop Saturday, nor any TOs. 

Several things are improving.  Mizzou's non-existent defense should give our O some confidence heading into this week  

This week I hope the improvements are in running plays and run blocking. With KJ and KP both healthy and ready to go, the staff shouldn't feel "handcuffed" on run plays.  And This particular line up on the OL will have had 2 weeks of practice together as a unit. Time to step up!

sal had a high bullet go through his hands on a 12 yard (or so) out route.  it would have been a solid catch due to the velocity, but you'd like to think he would catch a ball like that.  thats picking nits, cuz i cant think of any others.

i'm assuming we threw all of those screens for a reason.  we will pull out the crossing/slant patterns front/behind the LBers in a game soon (surely?!?!)

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Wow!  He has definitely taken some steps forward. 

Also, I don't remember a single drop Saturday, nor any TOs. 

Several things are improving.  Mizzou's non-existent defense should give our O some confidence heading into this week  

This week I hope the improvements are in running plays and run blocking. With KJ and KP both healthy and ready to go, the staff shouldn't feel "handcuffed" on run plays.  And This particular line up on the OL will have had 2 weeks of practice together as a unit. Time to step up!

KJ and KP are both healthy? News to me.

I saw enough of Malik Miller, Kam Martin,  and Devan Barret against Missouri to feel confident that they can play and do the job. I hope Gus and Chip saw the same thing. We need to quit running our RB's into the ground.  Kam excelled in the first game and then basically no  touches in the next two even though we had one of our starters playing who was not 100% and the other not playing at all. It made no sense.  In the Missouri game Miller provided the power running we normally get from Pettyway.  

This next game will tell me a whole lot about our offense and if we have learned anything from the past 3 games. There is no doubt that JS has improved but we will be playing against a solid SEC defense this week. Will we have the confidence to utilize multiple backs, will we do over the middle slants to slot receivers and TE's will we actually allow the backs to turn up field before we throw to them.

If we go back to pound inside the tackle, Screens and long passes without intermediate passes that force the LB's to retreat on D it will be a close game we might lose or we might win because of talent but we will be in trouble when we play better teams.  To me this is a real benchmark game to show that we are steadily improving and can play with the big boys.

Archived