Chuck Person

AUApostle

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we almost become relevant in basketball again.  Hope it's not Wiley.  The NCAA gets a bunch of free research by the dept of justice to use against us.

Some need to pump the brakes a little. Sounds like it has more to do with Chuck Person individually than Auburn. If I understand it, he took a bribe to steer a player going pro to a particular agent. If this is the case, I'm not sure Auburn can be in trouble.

Just now, MDM4AU said:

Some need to pump the brakes a little. Sounds like it has more to do with Chuck Person individually than Auburn. If I understand it, he took a bribe to steer a player going pro to a particular agent. If this is the case, I'm not sure Auburn can be in trouble.

AU will 100% get hammered for this. He gave money from an agent to players and their families. This is the end of AU basketball for a very long time.

Just now, MDM4AU said:

According to twitter he passed the money onto the player to sign with this agent.

Just now, MDM4AU said:

I disagree. I just read the complaint. This is about as bad  as it gets next to ignoring rape culture from your student athletes. It appears these two players referred to in the complaint might still be on the team. We effed this season and this does have wide ranging implications as to what the NCAA might do. 

So here is my question - how is it that we keeping effing up good things. You have women's softball, now this. 

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

AU will 100% get hammered for this. He gave money from an agent to players and their families. This is the end of AU basketball for a very long time.

Did we miss the memo where our supposedly great compliance department moved on from Auburn?  

Whats the compliance department good for these days? 

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Will this effect other auburn sports?????

Hell yes. All of the programs. Better hope the football program is squeaky clean. There won't be any room for anything. The whole AD is going to be probed by the FED's. And they have subpoena powers unlike the NCAA. 

Archived