Chuck Person

AUApostle

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Glad to see the Prez out in front of this instead of JJ.

wde

More than Gogue ever would of done that is for sure....

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

L O L not even remotely close to the same situation. Are you this blind right now? The softball situation did not have wiretaps and a 32 page document directly implicating and detailing out what Chuck Person did. The fbi is involved. GAME OVER.

Not advocating for either party, but I will say the FBI is involved due to the SEC hammering the financial advisor.  If the advisor is out of the picture it would be a different story.  With legislation out there holding advisors like me at a very high standard, the SEC is currently out there to prove a point and for good reason.  The new legislation also opens up the possibility for lawsuits, which Auburn can now opt to do.  The FBI stated that this was Chuck's doing, and that Auburn was not a part of it.  Now, since he is an employee, it does make everyone look bad.  But Auburn can prove with the FBI documents they are not in the wrong, that the assistant acted on his own, which is good from that standpoint.  Unfortunately this all comes back to that advisor, and I say unfortunately because we (in this business) all are painted with the same brush.  That is why I tell everyone when it comes to financial advice, to check what licenses they have because some are a lot hard than others to attain.  Some of my licenses took me a year just of studying to attain.  And the funny thing is those licenses specifically cover the laws in what you can and cannot do.  This guy really should have read up on that.

The sad part is depending on the deal the advisor cut with the SEC, he could be back in the business in 10 years.  Sooner if no felony is applied due to his cooperation.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I bet President Leath is going to have a WTF talk with JJ as well.

I want Jacob's gone, but he had nothing to do with this.  No one at Auburn University, Louisville, Oklahoma St, or Southern Cal knew anything. Most likely no one in Chuck Person's family knew about this either.  It was a finacial advisor trying to get ahead of the competition by locking in NBA prospects before they signed their contracts.

I seriously can't wrap my head around this. On one end I'm like how could this have happened to us right now? On the other hand I'm thinking of course this happened to us in our bball program right as we are on the rise. SMDH

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Its turrible, just turrible. 

lol I know you're joking but I think he may take the angle of "these players should be paid anyway, I got $XXXX while I was in school anyway, every major school is giving kids something, yadda yadda yadda"

Just now, TigerFanAU said:

I want Jacob's gone, but he had nothing to do with this.  No one at Auburn University, Louisville, Oklahoma St, or Southern Cal knew anything. Most likely no one in Chuck Person's family knew about this either.  It was a finacial advisor trying to get ahead of the competition by locking in NBA prospects before they signed their contracts.

One of his employees, while representing AU, just got arrested by the FBI.  That AU employee was hired by a HC who was hired by JJ when that HC just completed a show cause penalty for admitting wrong doing at UT.  Personally, I would not be surprised if AU did not know anything about what Person was doing, but again, he was still acting as a representative of AU while doing this.  Add in the softball fiasco and the rumblings of stuff going on with the women's basketball program, then if I were Leath, I would most definitely be having a serious discussion with JJ.

wde

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lol I know you're joking but I think he may take the angle of "these players should be paid anyway, I got $XXXX while I was in school anyway, every major school is giving kids something, yadda yadda yadda"

He might but you never know with Chuck. 

20 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The part about the payments come earlier/later in the brief. There zero doubt that the payments took place, until TT's picture we couldn't figure out who got them. It's pretty clear it was Wiley based on that info.

It is Wiley, but no actual proof that the kid's family ever rece

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That indicates player-1 as the one involved. In the first, it indicated a future player and said future player was not designated "player-1". There is no doubt that in the first the future player is/was Wiley. However there is uncertainty in the next.

Let's hold out hope that since the feds were out to get these coaches that were preying on the kids they never made payment to Wiley or his mom. Because it was CW-1 that was transferring the money on behalf of the feds, hopefully they refrained from that to keep the kids out of it somewhat.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not advocating for either party, but I will say the FBI is involved due to the SEC hammering the financial advisor.  If the advisor is out of the picture it would be a different story.  With legislation out there holding advisors like me at a very high standard, the SEC is currently out there to prove a point and for good reason.  The new legislation also opens up the possibility for lawsuits, which Auburn can now opt to do.  The FBI stated that this was Chuck's doing, and that Auburn was not a part of it.  Now, since he is an employee, it does make everyone look bad.  But Auburn can prove with the FBI documents they are not in the wrong, that the assistant acted on his own, which is good from that standpoint.  Unfortunately this all comes back to that advisor, and I say unfortunately because we (in this business) all are painted with the same brush.  That is why I tell everyone when it comes to financial advice, to check what licenses they have because some are a lot hard than others to attain.  Some of my licenses took me a year just of studying to attain.  And the funny thing is those licenses specifically cover the laws in what you can and cannot do.  This guy really should have read up on that.

The sad part is depending on the deal the advisor cut with the SEC, he could be back in the business in 10 years.  Sooner if no felony is applied due to his cooperation.

This is well presented, unfortunately I think the biggest threat is from the NCAA judgement, where judgement is based on rules not laws.

34 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The FBI flat out stated that the school's were defrauded here.  If that's the case, I don't know how you can go this far with heads rolling at this point.

Good point but the FBI and the NCAA have different standards on stuff regarding eligibility and perhaps playing one or more "ineligible players"  for example. NCAA will be moving onto our campus again I expect...

Just now, AUIH1 said:

One of his employees, while representing AU, just got arrested by the FBI.  That AU employee was hired by a HC who was hired by JJ when that HC just completed a show cause penalty for admitting wrong doing at UT.  Personally, I would not be surprised if AU did not know anything about what Person was doing, but again, he was still acting as a representative of AU while doing this.  

Based on the evidence, it simply looks like 4 coaches who were greedy/gullable/selfish taking advantage of their position for financial gain.  It happens quite frequently in business.  People are equating a paid player to a booster and that's not the case here. The case revolves around Person's and the other 3 coaches paying players via the financial advisor for their kickbacks.  They don't care about their schools performance. Person's didn't pay players so Auburn would win, he paid players so he could receive money for sending the player to the financial advisor after they became multi-millionaires in the NBA.

9 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

One of his employees, while representing AU, just got arrested by the FBI.  That AU employee was hired by a HC who was hired by JJ when that HC just completed a show cause penalty for admitting wrong doing at UT.  Personally, I would not be surprised if AU did not know anything about what Person was doing, but again, he was still acting as a representative of AU while doing this.  Add in the softball fiasco and the rumblings of stuff going on with the women's basketball program, then if I were Leath, I would most definitely be having a serious discussion with JJ.

wde

Yeah. Bruce could have “plausible deniability” but it still looks bad on mr showcause. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yeah. Bruce could have “plausible deniability” but it still looks bad on me showcause. 

Like Pitino did at UL with the hookers, but again, because of Bruce's past, it is not good.

wde

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

GOOD POINT! like how on earth can he still have a job? Even if they eventually fire him you think they would of done it immediately.

Contract law can be tricky

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

GOOD POINT! like how on earth can he still have a job? Even if they eventually fire him you think they would of done it immediately.

Probably have to wait on the indictment...and have justification for terminating the contract with no money...

I’m pissed at Chuck Person’s selfishness.  They talk about him being an “Auburn man”, but he was willing to behave in a way to throw these kids and the university under the bus.  I have no respect for chuck Person,  I hope he changes his ways.

As for JJ, I don’t know how much all these issues in auburn athletics is his fault, but he better get serious and change the culture down there on the plains.

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Like Pitino did at UL with the hookers, but again, because of Bruce's past, it is not good.

wde

I think that's problem for AU but I'm doubting he knew anything.....no reason for him to know and CP dealing with a competing shoe company.....nobody could be that stupid you would think....running the risk of screwing up a pretty lucrative deal that Auburn has with Under Armor. I'm giving everyone at AU but CP a pass at the moment but still betting we get hammered since one way or another it looks like one or more players got impermissible benefits and played a bunch of games for AU.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think that's problem for AU but I'm doubting he knew anything.....no reason for him to know and CP dealing with a competing shoe company.....nobody could be that stupid you would think....running the risk of screwing up a pretty lucrative deal that Auburn has with Under Armor. I'm giving everyone at AU but CP a pass at the moment but still betting we get hammered since one way or another it looks like one or more players got impermissible benefits and played a bunch of games for AU.

I am doubting Pearl knew anything either at this point, just that his past is not going to help him or AU.  That plausible deniability thing comes in to play to help him although ultimately he is the head man of the program and it was his associate head coach that just got arrested by the FBI.  

It may be harder for Bruce to throw his hands up like Pitino and say "I know nothing,  I heard nothing, I saw nothing.

wde

Archived