Chuck Person

AUApostle

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I know we don't want to call out players, but is there any info to who these players are? It would really shock me if this was Wiley, considering who his mother is. A former NCAA athlete that knows her son is talented enough to make the NBA without colliding with an agent. Would surprise me. 

To be honest, I'd bet my entire bank account Wiley is one of the players implicated.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

GOOD POINT! like how on earth can he still have a job? Even if they eventually fire him you think they would of done it immediately.

Probably a legal hurdle first before they can fully fire him.

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I know we don't want to call out players, but is there any info to who these players are? It would really shock me if this was Wiley, considering who his mother is. A former NCAA athlete that knows her son is talented enough to make the NBA without colliding with an agent. Would surprise me. 

The sections TT pointed out make it quite obvious who was involved.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not everything is a bammer conspiracy.  One of our own did this.  He wasn't coerced, he was just greedy.

I meant the investigators FBI etc. But yes this was Person, he didn't need any help he knows how the NBA works and this has probably been going on for years if not decades

If everyone didn't already know Person's history while at auburn that he, Barkley and some were getting extra stuff weren't paying attention.    Sorry but it doesn't come as that big of a shock to me.   

7 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I meant the investigators FBI etc. But yes this was Person, he didn't need any help he knows how the NBA works and this has probably been going on for years if not decades

I don't think bammer has the ability to get the FBI to kick off an operation this big either.

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

If everyone didn't already know Person's history while at auburn that he, Barkley and some were getting extra stuff weren't paying attention.    Sorry but it doesn't come as that big of a shock to me.   

be surprised if Barkley doesn't throw gas on the fire.

39 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Hope we're clean b/c Ramsey still has to give his side of the story to the feds.  He's told on us once before.

What are you talking about?  Thanks

Just so we are clear, everyone...

Thus far we are speculating on the players.  It seems clear with 99.999% certainty that the player being talked about by Person in the indictment is Wiley (Player-1).  It is totally baseless to name anyone else as there aren't nearly enough details on Player-2 or any others possibly involved to be attaching names.  So don't turn this into Rumor Central.  The allegations that it's Wiley, while seemingly solid, have still not been verified and there's no other player that should be named at all given the sparse details on them.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Hope we're clean b/c Ramsey still has to give his side of the story to the feds.  He's told on us once before.

Huh? Ramsey?

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Just so we are clear, everyone...

Thus far we are speculating on the players.  It seems clear with 99.999% certainty that the player being talked about by Person in the indictment is Wiley (Player-1).  It is totally baseless to name anyone else as there aren't nearly enough details on Player-2 or any others possibly involved to be attaching names.  So don't turn this into Rumor Central.  The allegations that it's Wiley, while seemingly solid, have still not been verified and there's no other player that should be named at all given the sparse details on them.

Thank you.

Also, do we even know said players ever received money.......we know Person did but I am not sure the players did. At least from the undercover witness.

NM...saw where $1,000 payment was made. Ugh.

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

One of his employees, while representing AU, just got arrested by the FBI.  That AU employee was hired by a HC who was hired by JJ when that HC just completed a show cause penalty for admitting wrong doing at UT.  Personally, I would not be surprised if AU did not know anything about what Person was doing, but again, he was still acting as a representative of AU while doing this.  Add in the softball fiasco and the rumblings of stuff going on with the women's basketball program, then if I were Leath, I would most definitely be having a serious discussion with JJ.

wde

What??

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think bammer has the ability to get the FBI to kick off an operation this big either.

more of a side thought to help numb the pain of one of our own screwing the University, Alumni, students and fans.

Great - so now we do not only have to watch AU get handled each game, but now we get to listen to the announcers go on about AU paying players the entire time. And to think I was just starting to watch AU basketball.

3 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Great - so now we do not only have to watch AU get handled each game, but now we get to listen to the announcers go on about AU paying players the entire time. And to think I was just starting to watch AU basketball.

no evidence AU paid players

44 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Looking back on this - this section is interesting as it is part of the indictment.  Remember that an indictment is a legal document not summary of rules breaking against the NCAA.  This portion is to demonstrate thoughtful and willful collusion of bribery, fraud and embezzlement.  It's interesting that the wording and phraseology supports the NCAA in taking "further" action.  In other words, it leaves open for the NCAA to extend it's actions based on the material the FBI supplied. Keep in mind that legally the FBI can't be used as an investigative arm of a non-government entity - although findings from a judicial entity are commonly used in the private sector.   It looks like the FBI's legal action and indictment are intertwined with NCAA goals, even though NCAA rules are not law.  I expect to see some interesting law challenges here after the high paid lawyers deep dive this.  It's a mess, the big dance in basketball may have just been convened in the courtroom.

The FBI Is Doing the NCAA's Dirty Work

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-09-26/fbi-is-doing-the-ncaa-s-dirty-work-in-college-basketball-case

That Bloomberg article is Op-Ed garbage. What is alleged, under the laws as they are written is illegal. Amateur status doesn't enter into it. Clickbait crap.

9 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

That Bloomberg article is Op-Ed garbage. What is alleged, under the laws as they are written is illegal. Amateur status doesn't enter into it. Clickbait crap.

I'll take that it is garbage - without question or hesitation.  But we have to peel off what is illegal from what is a rules violation.  Since when does the FBI start doing joint news conferences with the NCAA?  This is a rights and legal field day for the high lawyers.  Whether one wants to agree or disagree with the "Bloomberg article [is] Op-Ed garbage" we have to make sure the segregation is there. That's all.  Let's not over analyze the surface I was trying to show.

[EDIT] I guess the issue comes when 'moral' violations according to NCAA rules wind up in an indictment.  I recognize wire fraud, collusion, and the like is very illegal. However, is "Don't say anything to a teammate because it's a NCAA violation" a violation of the law?  That's all. Seem's a little extra material might have made it's way into the report.  Material that I think that the lawyer may have fun with.

1 minute ago, madkat7 said:

Thanks.....and I agree.    And here comes a string of interviews and blog pieces about the poor players, ......the only ones not making money from the existing system and pushing for them to personally benefit from their "likenesses" or uniform jerseys  or whatever.  

Soon, the recent COL scholarship adjustment will not be enough and college sports will soon have it's own high paid players on the floor along side the walk-ons and 3* kids that make up their team.  

It is going to be interesting to find out who made the first move. Whether it was the financial advisor in a sting operation after he made a deal on his other charges or if Person make the first contact.  Whatever the case, we need to hope this stops with Person. If it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do the same thing the financial advisor did and cut a deal with the Feds too. One of the worse things in all this and there were many, is to see Person lead a kid to an agent just for his own personal payoff without considering if the agent is honest, qualified or would take advantage of the kid. Sad stuff all round.

7 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

It is going to be interesting to find out who made the first move. Whether it was the financial advisor in a sting operation after he made a deal on his other charges or if Person make the first contact.  We need to hope this stops with Person. If it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do the same thing the financial advisor did and cut a deal with the Feds too. The worse thing in all this to me is to see Person lead a kid to an agent for his own personal payoff without considering if the agent is even honest, qualified or would take advantage of the kid. Sad stuff.

I think we will find out if it went beyond Person since Person doesn't seen like the type of individual that would "take one for the team".   I have a feeling if Person can take someone down with him, he will, especially if it helps him.

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I think we will find out if it went beyond Person since Person doesn't seen like the type of individual that would "take one for the team".   I have a feeling if Person can take someone down with him, he will, especially if it helps him.

wde

I think you are right.

Archived