Chuck Person

AUApostle

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hell yes. All of the programs. Better hope the football program is squeaky clean. There won't be any room for anything. The whole AD is going to be probed by the FED's. And they have subpoena powers unlike the NCAA. 

This is what we always hoped would happen to bama...get the feds involved.

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Wonder what Bruce is gonna do now?

Given his history with the NCAA.  Probably end up "resigning".

wde

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

It shouldn't. But this pretty much guarantees our demise in basketball. 

I am afraid it will. First we have the issues in softball and now basketball? The NCAA is drooling at the chance to get down there and start digging. 

I would be a bit surprised if Bruce Pearl was a part of this. It wouldn't be in Pearl's best interest and Pearl is getting paid WWWAAAAYYYY too much money as a head coach to let $100,000 cause his downfall. 

17 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Wonder what Bruce is gonna do now?

I would fire Chuck now...he can't afford to deal with it with his reputation. Cut ties, and try to tread water.

I doubt Bruce encouraged this and I'm disappointed in Chuck. This is the last thing we needed. 

7 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I would be a bit surprised if Bruce Pearl was a part of this. It wouldn't be in Pearson's best interest and Pearl is getting paid WWWAAAAYYYY too much money as a head coach to let $100,000 cause his downfall. 

do you think this can end up like the Louisville situation?  clearly both different but both having "rogue" assistances acting on their own? 

39 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

Some need to pump the brakes a little. Sounds like it has more to do with Chuck Person individually than Auburn

I agree.  There have been 10 individuals charged (from various schools and companies) ranging from coaches, financial adviser's, and a major apparel company.  Is this not a case of a rogue coach receiving kickbacks?  Someone from an apparel company giving kickbacks to coaches if they could sway a star player to the team and therefore dress that player out in company apparel? I could be reading it wrong, but it sounds like Chuck Person was alone, as were the other coaches from the other schools.

Just now, TigerFanAU said:

I agree.  There have been 10 individuals charged (from various schools and companies) ranging from coaches, financial adviser's, and a major apparel company.  Is this not a case of a rogue coach receiving kickbacks?  Someone from an apparel company giving kickbacks to coaches if they could sway a star player to the team and therefore dress that player out in company apparel? I could be reading it wrong, but it sounds like Chuck Person was alone, as were the other coaches from the other schools.

I'd like to add...if it was a current player whose family was giving statements to the FBI, wouldn't our AD and coaches have already found out about this and maybe cut ties with Person days or weeks ago?  Would those witnesses be required to keep their mouths shut about it?

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Doesn't matter if he did it alone.  He paid players currently on the team.  The NCAA has never had an easier case since the FBI will be doing the heavy lifting.  Do agree with others that this may be the final nail in JJ's coffin.

9 minutes ago, KerryThachWDE said:

do you think this can end up like the Louisville situation?  clearly both different but both having "rogue" assistances acting on their own? 

We would be REALLY fortunate if we ended up like Louisville. It's possible that we could get off easier than Louisville. After all, we didn't pay for strippers to come give lap dances to our student athletes, at lest not yet. 

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

I'd like to add...if it was a current player whose family was giving statements to the FBI, wouldn't our AD and coaches have already found out about this and maybe cut ties with Person days or weeks ago?  Would those witnesses be required to keep their mouths shut about it?

I would be really surprised if the FBI didn't interview Pearl. 

Just heard about this. 

Seems like we can't get out of our own way.

And it makes it worse to me that CP is an Auburn man, not just a hired assistant brought in from somewhere else.

Archived