Chuck Person

AUApostle

3 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Pitino seems to have been confirmed as coach 2 in the DOJ's release. Louisville is boned. 

Louisville is in big, big time trouble here.  Not only was Pitino the broker, the AD's daughter got a job with Adidas as the "Brand Communications Manager" just months before Louisville and Adidas announced a $160 million deal.  Say goodbye to that 2013 NCAA championship too.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Louisville is in big, big time trouble here.  Not only was Pitino the broker, the AD's daughter got a job with Adidas as the "Brand Communications Manager" just months before Louisville and Adidas announced a $160 million deal.  Say goodbye to that 2013 NCAA championship too.

there are some "executives" in the NCAA office with their butts puckered up so tight that they have turned  wrong side out.   It is my wildassed speculation that thinks that this brings Emmerts sorry,sorry,sorry ass to justice and exposes him as being the damned fraud that that he is.   This man is a damned fraud ,a scoundrel, liar and probably a criminal, when all the smoke clears

25 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

there are some "executives" in the NCAA office with their butts puckered up so tight that they have turned  wrong side out.   It is my wildassed speculation that thinks that this brings Emmerts sorry,sorry,sorry ass to justice and exposes him as being the damned fraud that that he is.   This man is a damned fraud ,a scoundrel, liar and probably a criminal, when all the smoke clears

Pretty wild speculation there, but I like it.  

6 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Pretty wild speculation there, but I like it.  

Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility with the bama guy who was previously with the NCAA.

wondering if and when this will spill over to football....can’t imagine b-ball players were the only one with reps who were getting bribes...NFL guys wear suits to the draft too lol

27 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

wondering if and when this will spill over to football....can’t imagine b-ball players were the only one with reps who were getting bribes...NFL guys wear suits to the draft too lol

So now what do you all think about the suit guy in Tuscaloosa giving stuff to the UA players, was that a smaller version of this same thing?

47 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

This disturbing thought also crossed my mind. I can't see anything preventing coaching assistants in any sport, particularly those that rake in cash, from doing this should the opportunity arise and their conscience allow. 

This seems to be just the beginning.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

In my opinion, it's just a matter of time before one of these guys starts throwing various football coaches under the bus to save their skin...that's when it will get crazy ugly.

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Pitino seems to have been confirmed as coach 2 in the DOJ's release. Louisville is boned. 

Can you remind me what Coach-2 was doing in the DOJ release? Sorry, I'm having a terrible time keeping up/keeping track.

58 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

If the NCAA still exists after this lol, I'm betting they get their act together and start investigating some of these football teams that seem to win and recruit well every year and a re seemingly untouchable. This is a complete embarrassment for the NCAA as a governing body.

8 minutes ago, selias said:

Can you remind me what Coach-2 was doing in the DOJ release? Sorry, I'm having a terrible time keeping up/keeping track.

Pitino was directly involved in getting Bowen paid, and there is a recording stating Pitino can just call up Adidas whenever he wants and get kids paid.

--

Dawkins said Coach-2 talked to him about getting more money for Bowen, and told him to call Jim Gatto. (36e)

Call records show that Gatto had conversations with a phone number used by Coach-2. There were 3 conversations between May 27 and July 1. Bowen committed on July 3. (37)

And oh yeah, "no one swings a bigger dick than Coach-2" at Adidas. All he has to do is call them and say "these are my guys" and they'll take care of it. (36d)

Citations are from the Gatto complaint.

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Dawkins said Coach-2 talked to him about getting more money for Bowen, and told him to call Jim Gatto. (36e)

Call records show that Gatto had conversations with a phone number used by Coach-2. There were 3 conversations between May 27 and July 1. Bowen committed on July 3. (37)

And oh yeah, "no one swings a bigger dick than Coach-2" at Adidas. All he has to do is call them and say "these are my guys" and they'll take care of it. (36d)

Citations are for the Gatto complaint.

Pitino was directly involved in getting Bowen paid, and there is a recording stating Pitino can just call up Adidas whenever he wants and get kids paid.

That's....bad. Odds on death penalty?

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

I think some aspects could spill over, such as the agent stuff, but not the shoe company aspects. The difference is there are so few basketball players compared to football, and the idea is Adidas wanted to capture these athletes as prospective promoters out of high school, instead of bidding with Nike and Under Armour after the declared for the NBA.

I heard somebody say there is not nearly the shoe money chasing football players, because kids don't buy football cleats as everyday shoes to wear to school. I remember when this all started, back in the mid-1980s with the Nike Air Jordan.

This is probably the dirtiest scandal ever in college sports, because it combines money for recruiting, paying players, corporate money, laundering money (through the financial advisors), and coaches involved. This isn't a rogue booster.

Just now, selias said:

That's....bad. Odds on death penalty?

If any program gets it, it will be them. A lot of this took place after they were hit for the stripper crap. They are a serial violator.

7 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

--

Citations are from the Gatto complaint.

How does Louisville MBB not get the Death Penalty from this?

The NCAA does not even have to investigate--the FBI has done it for them. They can just take the public affidavits and make a decision.

This is like Sandusky at Penn State, but worse from an NCAA compliance perspective because there are clear objective NCAA rules violations.

1 minute ago, meh130 said:

The NCAA does not even have to investigate--the FBI has done it for them. They can just take the public affidavits and make a decision.

This is like Sandusky at Penn State, but worse from an NCAA compliance perspective because there are clear objective NCAA rules violations.

It would be extremely easy to justify right now. Let's see what happens when some other stones are overturned. I can't imagine there being worse out there, but it's possible.

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

It would be extremely easy to justify right now. Let's see what happens when some other stones are overturned. I can't imagine there being worse out there, but it's possible.

This will get worse before it gets better

1 hour ago, TigerV6 said:

So now what do you all think about the suit guy in Tuscaloosa giving stuff to the UA players, was that a smaller version of this same thing?

Did seem odd that Tosh Lupoi got  a much bigger salary bump than the other Bama assistants this year. Reckon those West Coast recruits are really that enamored of Tide tradition? 

19 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

So for all the folks saying pearl has to go due to underling wrongdoings, will Avery Johnson be gone too?  Can't you assume this dude got pushed out due to legal reasons if not NCAA/sec?

If their suit gave money to the parents, it's the same situation....only worse for bama. Their guy was in the AD. The FEDS are still trying to figure out if he pocketed all of the money or if he did indeed pass some along.

51 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

If the NCAA still exists after this lol, I'm betting they get their act together and start investigating some of these football teams that seem to win and recruit well every year and a re seemingly untouchable. This is a complete embarrassment for the NCAA as a governing body.

This won't happen, but it would be nice to see the NCAA's legs cut out from underneath them.   I think Grant Teaff of Baylor proposed an exodus of programs from the NCAA back in the 70's.   

The NCAA can't complete an investigation in a timely manner and have no teeth:  they punish programs and let the coaches/ADs  float to other schools without penalty.  Auburn was victimized in '93 I think it was.   I don't have the answers, but there have to be other options.  The Reggie Bush thing took forever and I recall that thing being investigated WHILE HE WAS IN SCHOOL, but the results came out like his 2nd yr in the NFL ?!?!?!?  Their inept work cost us a NC in my opinion.   

The bias towards the blue bloods is all too evident.

47 minutes ago, meh130 said:

How did the NCAA completely screw the pooch on the Nevin Shapiro case with Miami?  Do you really believe the NCAA wants to go after these programs?  Especially in basketball?

Only a matter of time before Person gets the boot.

Archived