Chuck Person

AUApostle

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

It makes a big difference though.  People are talking as if this is the demise of the program because of what one person did.  So far what I’m hearing in the press conference, chuck person defrauded Auburn University.  So like I said, unless something comes out that the university was directly involved, im not sure how this equates to game over.

From what I see "On April 7, 2014, Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl hired Person as an assistant coach"

image.png

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/chuck_person_894768.html

Watching press conference. Sounds like they have a load of evidence. This press conference is not pretty, Auburn will be getting another protocol examination by NCAA.

Putting Person aside for a minute, if any players took money from him or an agent doesn't that pretty much ensure we will have some penalties coming our way not to mention a question about those players eligibility if they are still at Auburn? 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Putting Person aside for a minute, if any players took money from him or an agent doesn't that pretty much ensure we will have some penalties coming our way not to mention a question about those players eligibility if they are still at Auburn? 

The players probably won’t be with the team anyway by season start, but yes eligibility will come into question.

Can anyone say they are really surprised by this?    

AU is the basketball version of OM football.....a team with a mediocre pedigree that all of a sudden is bringing in national talent......and nobody is supposed to wonder why?...or how?  

Interesting that it involves Adidas....and no apparent involvement with Under Armor at this point.....so wondering why anyone at Auburn U was being romanced by Adidas?  

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

This goes to auburnphan's reply to one of my posts.  This may be too big for the NCAA to handle.  Heck, NCAA basketball, not just AU basketball, has the potential to be blown up.

wde

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

How so?  I wasn't aware for instance that Austin had a stepfather?

TT let’s not try and act like we don’t know the two players involved. Cmon man. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

TT let’s not try and act like we don’t know the two players involved. Cmon man. 

I'm asking a question.  Some of the details don't sound like they line up with Wiley for instance.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I don't see Auburn being implicated, at this point. Auburn like the other schools are a victim also

Person was the Associate Head Coach of the AU basketball program.  He represented AU.  AU is definitely implicated.  This was not some rogue booster. This was an employee of AU.

wde

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Can anyone say they are really surprised by this?    

AU is the basketball version of OM football.....a team with a mediocre pedigree that all of a sudden is bringing in national talent......and nobody is supposed to wonder why?...or how?  

Interesting that it involves Adidas....and no apparent involvement with Under Armor at this point.....so wondering why anyone at Auburn U was being romanced by Adidas?  

well one difference is we hired a top coach and................... Ole miss hired hugh freeze. That is why we got the benefit of the doubt for awhile.

Archived