Chuck Person

AUApostle

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I'm asking a question.  Some of the details don't sound like they line up with Wiley for instance.

Person pushed two players towards a financial advisor in exchange for cash. Not a rumor anymore. What two players would even need to be pushed towards a financial advisor on our team last year? 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

I don't see Auburn being implicated, at this point. Auburn like the other schools are a victim also

Auburn is involved.  It depends how far into the tree the NCAA wants to drive the ax.  Historically, it's pretty deep.  Is it easier to slaughter an up and coming program as the sacrificial goat or to hit a major money maker?  

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Person pushed two players towards a financial advisor in exchange for cash. Not a rumor anymore. What two players would even need to be pushed towards a financial advisor on our team last year? 

Look, I'm not trying to debate you here.  I'm just not so easily lining up the details.  Spell it out for me.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, I'm not trying to debate you here.  I'm just not so easily lining up the details.  Spell it out for me.

I am guessing we will be hearing from JJ real soon.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

well one difference is we hired a top coach ............... Ole miss hired hugh freeze. That is why we got the benefit of the doubt for awhile.

Who was still under a "show cause' if you recall...

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Wiley and Herron man. Wiley for sure. Wiley specifically has said in an interview “I trust Coach Person with everything” in the press conference the DA quoted Person in saying “the kid trusts me”. 

Herron is my second guess as he is most likely the second player who would need to be pushed towards a financial advisor. 

2 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Auburn is involved.  It depends how far into the tree the NCAA wants to drive the ax.  Historically, it's pretty deep.  Is it easier to slaughter an up and coming program as the sacrificial goat or to hit a major money maker?  

THIS. See Ole Miss. Ncaa comes down on a program no one cares about in the sport in question and uses them as a scape goat to show they swing a big axe and will "not put up with cheating". Yet the big boy schools can and will continue to get away with it. If they get caught they get a slap on the wrist like Louisville and pitino did with the stripper scandal this past year.

Ok, if you can't give me the actual reasons you just keep repeating their names, then say so.  I was honestly asking for what specifically in the report or the presser - the details they are giving - lines up with either of them.

I'm at work, but I'll go back and read it closely myself and figure it out.  Geez.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Securities Exchange Commission?

that would be the one! Def not the conference lol

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Wiley and Herron man. Wiley for sure. Wiley specifically has said in an interview “I trust Coach Person with everything” in the press conference the DA quoted Person in saying “the kid trusts me”. 

Herron is my second guess as he is most likely the second player who would need to be pushed towards a financial advisor. 

our two top rated recruits.....that would seem to put them on the possibilities list at least...guys who had much bigger and better options....

remember to split this into two parts.  The illegal, that's the FBI's department.  Person is facing criminal charges and the court system, with it's checks and balances, will proceed as it does.

... Then there is the  NCAA, where the checks and balances aren't there are or rarely applied.  And certainly not enforced evenly.  AU is out on a limb here with the NCAA and our idiocy has written them a blank check.  They can be merciful or merciless.  You know which one I'm guessing.  The news conference statement about (paraphrase) these individuals and programs are an offense (mockery) of the hundreds of programs and coaches who play by the rules."  Yeah, right.  INCOMING!!!

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Who was still under a "show cause' if you recall...

I do. The only reason AU could EVER hire a top coach in basketball.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm asking a question.  Some of the details don't sound like they line up with Wiley for instance.

I had no idea that his parents were not married?....?????????    Are we sure its Wiley?

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

THIS. See Ole Miss. Ncaa comes down on a program no one cares about in the sport in question and uses them as a scape goat to show they swing a big axe and will "not put up with cheating". Yet the big boy schools can and will continue to get away with it. If they get caught they get a slap on the wrist like Louisville and pitino did with the stripper scandal this past year.

Afraid that won't wash......Southern Cal, Arizona and probably Louisville included....we are in good company....and I expect the FBI could care less about who got caught in their snare.

PS    The targets were the shoe companies....not the schools....

Just now, doverstutts said:

I had no idea that his parents were not married?....?????????    Are we sure its Wiley?

That's one of the things I keep asking but no one's giving an answer.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ok, if you can't give me the actual reasons you just keep repeating their names, then say so.  I was honestly asking for what specifically in the report or the presser - the details they are giving - lines up with either of them.

I'm at work, but I'll go back and read it closely myself and figure it out.  Geez.

Here:

7DF4C19A-F24E-42A8-883F-99C846D259A4.png

Archived