Chuck Person

AUApostle

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I see that Clayton.  What I keep trying to get at is, what specifically in the report is the giveaway that it's Heron and Wiley?  Is this just an assumption because they are the two highest rated guys we've signed?  Which of them has a stepfather? That's mentioned in the report but I'm not aware that Wiley has a stepfather. 

I'm asking what are the specific points that make you believe that it's them?

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I see that Clayton.  What I keep trying to get at is, what specifically in the report is the giveaway that it's Heron and Wiley?  Is this just an assumption because they are the two highest rated guys we've signed?  Which of them has a stepfather? That's mentioned in the report but I'm not aware that Wiley has a stepfather. 

TT, I agree no one knows for sure, but they are the top 2 NBA prospects on the team. Purifoy hasn't been touted as a high draft NBA guy and is the only other likely person that AU might see drafted at some point. It's just about putting 2 and 2 together.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Chuck Person and Wiley’s father are cousins fwiw. Everything is assumed at this point but those two are the ones me and most people assume are the two players involved. Wasn’t trying to get on your case just figured it was obvious.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Check my edit just now

Ok, that's all I was trying to understand...is this just figuring that they're the two biggest signees we've had and the time frame or something or were there other details that were a "dead giveaway."

14 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I am guessing we will be hearing from JJ real soon.

Hopefully it starts with I resign effective immediately.

i have kept quiet, showed support, and and even paid for tickets to events.  I am done with this administration. 

8 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Is that an apparel ad set at the bottom?  Sigh.

This narrative says nothing about any payments going to players. Only that CP would direct the players to this financial advisor when they entered the NBA. 

1 hour ago, auie93 said:

You don't honestly believe that do you?  Are you aware that they knew Corey hooked up with a gymnast back in October when he first "resigned" and then they allowed him back since it was not a softball player?  The fact that he was attempting to hook up with any student should have ended his career at AU immediately.   

I do.  And so does everyone else.  That is why everything was dropped and why Mickey Dean agreed to leave his program and join us.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

i have kept quiet, showed support, and and even paid for tickets to events.  I am done with this administration. 

Actually would hope to hear that he has fired our entire basketball staff and considering to cancel the season.  An AU grad bringing down his own school....and I'm thinking the innocent until proven guilty argument is not going very far with this one. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Ok, that's all I was trying to understand...is this just figuring that they're the two biggest signees we've had and the time frame or something or were there other details that were a "dead giveaway."

Well during the press conference today, the DA who spoke quoted Chuck Person saying “The kid would listen to anything I said” or something along those lines. I know that Chuck and Austin are close as they are family and just from I’ve seen and gathered. This is why I and most assume one of the players is Wiley. Herron on the other hand is just a guess by me and most.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I wish it would go that way but thats a pipe dream.  JJ will hang on until he has no choice left.  

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Check my edit just now

Ok, here's the detail that gives it away on Wiley.  No other player joined us midseason and was ranked that high:

wiley.JPG

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Actually would hope to hear that he has fired our entire basketball staff and considering to cancel the season.  An AU grad bringing down his own school....and I'm thinking the innocent until proven guilty argument is not going very far with this one. 

The FBI flat out stated that the school's were defrauded here.  If that's the case, I don't know how you can go this far with heads rolling at this point.

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

This narrative says nothing about any payments going to players. Only that CP would direct the players to this financial advisor when they entered the NBA. 

The indictment says Person paid players.

Damnit, Chuck.  You played 14 years in the NBA, 8 years as an NBA assistant coach, and you pull down half a mil at Auburn.  And you're scrounging around for $50,000 loans?  Idiot.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

The FBI flat out stated that the school's were defrauded here.  If that's the case, I don't know how you can go this far with heads rolling at this point.

he has never liked Bruce Pearl as our coach 

Just now, around4ever said:

Yeah, but the news conference spent a good amount of time framing "CP the criminal"  (it's a context thing.)  The The interesting thing is the FBI is interested in fraud, tax evasion,   you know - illegal stuff.  NCAA is the one who gets twisted over "paying players," an unfortunately the NCAA's due process usually equates to uneven and sometime questionable actions.  They have regulations, but the enforcement and execution seem to be "up to their best judgement," which isn't always fair or sensible.  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Damnit, Chuck.  You played 14 years in the NBA, 8 years as an NBA assistant coach, and you pull down half a mil at Auburn.  And you're scrounging around for $50,000 loans?  Idiot.

CP should never be allowed to step foot in Auburn, AL again.  

22 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Securities Exchange Commission?

Yes.  You cannot give clients or future clients gifts of over $100.  They are very stingy and for good reason.  There are legal ways around it but you have to report everything.  As a financial planner myself, FINRA and the SEC are the two things you never want to mess with.  

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ok, here's the detail that gives it away on Wiley.  No other player joined us midseason and was ranked that high:

wiley.JPG

To me, reading that, it doesn't implicate Wiley in any way as to accepting any $. Just a heads up to CW-1 that there might be an opportunity to influence him.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

To me, reading that, it doesn't implicate Wiley in any way as to accepting any $. Just a heads up to CW-1 that there might be an opportunity to influence him.

No, it gets worse:

wiley2.JPG

Archived