Sign in to follow this  
lutzcammed

Is anyone else like me?

Recommended Posts

Right now my mind is completely blown I can't even focus on what I'm doing.  For the school I love everything always seems to be going wrong wrong wrong and wrong.

 

for once I am asking for opinions not fact. Does our basketball team have a chance of surviving this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I am in your boat as well.

My opinion as of now:  possibly yes, early information shows he acted on his own for his own personal gain.   compliance better have sh*t together cuz this will bring the ncaa cloud over the campus again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This thing is 10x bigger than AU. Might be AU's saving grace, at least with the other programs. 

100x IMO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gr82b4au said:

I think we need to fire everyone in the athletic department and start over   

If it were only that easy to do at Auburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bigger than AU, but AU seems to be right in the thick of it. All I want to know is, why? What makes AU this hot bed of corruption and debachery? Is it the "family" atmosphere that they promote that makes them soft and easily manipulated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Why the hell have we not made the tournament at least?  Geez.....at least we got our money's worth and more with Cam.

You're not serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good decade for AU bball. Point shaving scandal and now this? And this one may lead to JAIL TIME for a former AU great and NBA player. You can't make this **** up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Bigger than AU, but AU seems to be right in the thick of it. All I want to know is, why? What makes AU this hot bed of corruption and debachery? Is it the "family" atmosphere that they promote that makes them soft and easily manipulated?

Because Chuck is the dumbest Bball coach in America. Legit dumbassery. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm right there with you.  This is consuming my brain today.  But like others, I agree that NCAA-wise, we may be OK and get off with a slap on the wrist.  If all that ends up happening is Heron and Wiley are ruled ineligible and maybe we lose one year of post-season, that's a win in this case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm right there with you.  This is consuming my brain today.  But like others, I agree that NCAA-wise, we may be OK and get off with a slap on the wrist.  If all that ends up happening is Heron and Wiley are ruled ineligible and maybe we lose one year of post-season, that's a win in this case.

But, do we know they ever received money? Never said in the indictment if the undercover guy sent the money. Future payment was to be made but never confirmed......if that is the case is it possible they are still eligible?

 

Person getting the money is one thing, but if Wiley and Heron were never paid......

Edited by wdefromtx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

But, do we know they ever received money? Never said in the indictment if the undercover guy sent the money. Future payment was to be made but never confirmed......if that is the case is it possible they are still eligible?

 

Person getting the money is one thing, but if Wiley and Heron were never paid......

I don't recall where and I am not going through the indictment again, but there was a place where it said players got money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jared52 said:

I don't recall where and I am not going through the indictment again, but there was a place where it said players got money.

I saw where they were supposed to get money.....but never where it said the did and how much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look for changes in the next couple of days.   You guys don't do rumors, but this is coming from a dude who has a pretty accurate rumor/ fact history.    I have no way of proving it, except for past accuracy.   All I will say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I simply view it as a white-collar financial scheme. It's unfortunate the Auburn name is in the news, but there are many others.  Also, the FBI put out a hot line number to report any violations. There will be more schools unfortunately.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Yes, I don't even know how I am supposed to feel.   i think that I have just lost confidence in the whole damned thing

doverstutts said it for me. Because it involves many and is widespread, we may fair better than if we were in this alone. I just hope it does not go beyond Chuck Person at AU. This has to at best tarnish us and hurt recruiting. Maybe do a better job of vetting new hires. Who knows. Corruption! I didn't even know we were relevant in Basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, auskull said:

doverstutts said it for me. Because it involves many and is widespread, we may fair better than if we were in this alone. I just hope it does not go beyond Chuck Person at AU. This has to at best tarnish us and hurt recruiting. Maybe do a better job of vetting new hires. Who knows. Corruption! I didn't even know we were relevant in Basketball.

potential great players make you relevant

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Look for changes in the next couple of days.   You guys don't do rumors, but this is coming from a dude who has a pretty accurate rumor/ fact history.    I have no way of proving it, except for past accuracy.   All I will say

PM me on this if you don't mind.  Curious to know what you're seeing/hearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

I simply view it as a white-collar financial scheme. It's unfortunate the Auburn name is in the news, but there are many others.  Also, the FBI put out a hot line number to report any violations. There will be more schools unfortunately.

You are totally in denial.

wde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this