Is anyone else like me?

lutzcammed

Right now my mind is completely blown I can't even focus on what I'm doing.  For the school I love everything always seems to be going wrong wrong wrong and wrong.

for once I am asking for opinions not fact. Does our basketball team have a chance of surviving this?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in your boat as well.

My opinion as of now:  possibly yes, early information shows he acted on his own for his own personal gain.   compliance better have sh*t together cuz this will bring the ncaa cloud over the campus again.

41 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This thing is 10x bigger than AU. Might be AU's saving grace, at least with the other programs. 

100x IMO.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I think we need to fire everyone in the athletic department and start over   

If it were only that easy to do at Auburn.

Bigger than AU, but AU seems to be right in the thick of it. All I want to know is, why? What makes AU this hot bed of corruption and debachery? Is it the "family" atmosphere that they promote that makes them soft and easily manipulated?

Not a good decade for AU bball. Point shaving scandal and now this? And this one may lead to JAIL TIME for a former AU great and NBA player. You can't make this **** up

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Bigger than AU, but AU seems to be right in the thick of it. All I want to know is, why? What makes AU this hot bed of corruption and debachery? Is it the "family" atmosphere that they promote that makes them soft and easily manipulated?

Because Chuck is the dumbest Bball coach in America. Legit dumbassery. 

I'm right there with you.  This is consuming my brain today.  But like others, I agree that NCAA-wise, we may be OK and get off with a slap on the wrist.  If all that ends up happening is Heron and Wiley are ruled ineligible and maybe we lose one year of post-season, that's a win in this case.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm right there with you.  This is consuming my brain today.  But like others, I agree that NCAA-wise, we may be OK and get off with a slap on the wrist.  If all that ends up happening is Heron and Wiley are ruled ineligible and maybe we lose one year of post-season, that's a win in this case.

But, do we know they ever received money? Never said in the indictment if the undercover guy sent the money. Future payment was to be made but never confirmed......if that is the case is it possible they are still eligible?

Person getting the money is one thing, but if Wiley and Heron were never paid......

12 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

But, do we know they ever received money? Never said in the indictment if the undercover guy sent the money. Future payment was to be made but never confirmed......if that is the case is it possible they are still eligible?

Person getting the money is one thing, but if Wiley and Heron were never paid......

I don't recall where and I am not going through the indictment again, but there was a place where it said players got money.

Just now, jared52 said:

I don't recall where and I am not going through the indictment again, but there was a place where it said players got money.

I saw where they were supposed to get money.....but never where it said the did and how much. 

Look for changes in the next couple of days.   You guys don't do rumors, but this is coming from a dude who has a pretty accurate rumor/ fact history.    I have no way of proving it, except for past accuracy.   All I will say

I simply view it as a white-collar financial scheme. It's unfortunate the Auburn name is in the news, but there are many others.  Also, the FBI put out a hot line number to report any violations. There will be more schools unfortunately.

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Yes, I don't even know how I am supposed to feel.   i think that I have just lost confidence in the whole damned thing

doverstutts said it for me. Because it involves many and is widespread, we may fair better than if we were in this alone. I just hope it does not go beyond Chuck Person at AU. This has to at best tarnish us and hurt recruiting. Maybe do a better job of vetting new hires. Who knows. Corruption! I didn't even know we were relevant in Basketball.

22 minutes ago, auskull said:

doverstutts said it for me. Because it involves many and is widespread, we may fair better than if we were in this alone. I just hope it does not go beyond Chuck Person at AU. This has to at best tarnish us and hurt recruiting. Maybe do a better job of vetting new hires. Who knows. Corruption! I didn't even know we were relevant in Basketball.

potential great players make you relevant

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Look for changes in the next couple of days.   You guys don't do rumors, but this is coming from a dude who has a pretty accurate rumor/ fact history.    I have no way of proving it, except for past accuracy.   All I will say

PM me on this if you don't mind.  Curious to know what you're seeing/hearing.

47 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

I simply view it as a white-collar financial scheme. It's unfortunate the Auburn name is in the news, but there are many others.  Also, the FBI put out a hot line number to report any violations. There will be more schools unfortunately.

You are totally in denial.

wde

Archived