DKW 86

Moore-Strange?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Moore-Strange?

• Moore
    • Strange
    • Aubie the Tiger

39 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Putting this on record was a very stupid thing to do. 

Holy cow.  "If true" it's "much ado about very little?"

If true a man is about to be elected to the US Senate who preyed on a 14-year old girl sexually in addition to pursuing such relationships with other underage girls.  What planet is this idiot living on?

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Holy cow.  "If true" it's "much ado about very little?"

If true a man is about to be elected to the US Senate who preyed on a 14-year old girl sexually in addition to pursuing such relationships with other underage girls.  What planet is this idiot living on?

Yeah, that's a dumb statement for anyone to make.

Also, we have this:

I find Moore as distasteful as I do Trump.  He represents everything that I loathe about politicians...

But this feels like a political hatchet job.  If it's true Moore needs to go jump in a lake.  If it's not true, those that stir the pot like this can do the same.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This guy is apparently a reporter for the Advertiser.  I went through his twitter timeline and can't find this anywhere now though.

Also, we have this:

Hmm? I can still see it in his timeline on mobile. 4th prior to the Richard Shelby tweet.

3 minutes ago, HVAU said:

I find Moore as distasteful as I do Trump.  He represents everything that I loathe about politicians...

But this feels like a political hatchet job.  If it's true Moore needs to go jump in a lake.  If it's not true, those that stir the pot like this can do the same.

This is certainly a possibility.  That's why I think that unless there's something more to it than what's in the WaPo story, he'll get voted in anyway.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This is certainly a possibility.  That's why I think that unless there's something more to it than what's in the WaPo story, he'll get voted in anyway.

It's very strange, rooting for this story to be true.  It just feels dirty and I can't do it.  It's hard to root against it as well.  I'd like to believe that my side has more decency than to create such a damning scenario simply to sway the electorate.  Naivety, maybe.

Moore won't have any help from me regardless of the story's accuracy.  By the looks of the yards here in Huntsville, a lot of people feel similarly.  I hope Jones stays as far away from this story as possible, and let's Moore and WaPo hash it out.

4 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Seriously, the "base" can't keep from parading their stupidity about.

2 minutes ago, HVAU said:

It's very strange, rooting for this story to be true.  It just feels dirty and I can't do it.  It's hard to root against it as well.  I'd like to believe that my side has more decency than to create such a damning scenario simply to sway the electorate.  Naivety, maybe.

Moore won't have any help from me regardless of the story's accuracy.  By the looks of the yards here in Huntsville, a lot of people feel similarly.  I hope Jones stays as far away from this story as possible, and let's Moore and WaPo hash it out.

I wasn't voting for Moore anyway.  Not voting for Jones either, but I can't support the Judge.  I don't know whether this is true or not.  Part of me wouldn't be shocked and part of me would be a bit surprised.  And I've thought about the timing of it leading up to election day being 'interesting.'  But for me it changes nothing in terms of the voting booth.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

WOW.  Just unreal, and yet, so Alabama.

4 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Seriously, the "base" can't keep from parading their stupidity about.

"Ephebophilia is good because you might make a savior!"

15 minutes ago, HVAU said:

But this feels like a political hatchet job. 

Yes it does. I live in Gadsden now. Eager to get the reaction. 

I’d feel sympathetic but seeing on Twitter every other day all of these women profess to being molested or sexually assaulted by Hollywood men makes me more coldhearted than I should be to unverifiable claims. Waiting forty years to make their move is just perplexing to me. If they thought it was important for us to know, they could have told us before he became a federal judge. Or before the statute of limitations expired. What am I supposed to do with the information? I’m not going to believe it. I’m also not going to believe that Moore couldn’t have done it. 

Mood: indifferent 

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Waiting forty years to make their move is just perplexing to me. If they thought it was important for us to know, they could have told us before he became a federal judge.

Just to play devil's advocate, people tune into Senate races more actively than elections for judicial positions.  I'm not saying this had anything to do with the timing of the story.  If it's true, it does probably have more to do with the recent sexual assault victim empowerment movement.  

If, BIG if, this ends up being false, and simply a narrative propagated by the Democrats for political play, the damage to that movement (sexual assault victim empowerment) would be massive.

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

OH GOD WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE SHUT UP?

6 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Just to play devil's advocate, people tune into Senate races more actively than elections for judicial positions.  I'm not saying this had anything to do with the timing of the story.  If it's true, it does probably have more to do with the recent sexual assault victim empowerment movement.  

If, BIG if, this ends up being false, and simply a narrative propagated by the Democrats for political play, the damage to that movement (sexual assault victim empowerment) would be massive.

Yeah, exactly. The difference between this situation and Trump is that he’s been under accusation for decades now- even when women really did have things to lose when they spoke up. Much much much easier to believe the sexual assault allegations even when he’s a dick, he’s a billionaire,  and he’s a womanizer, and some women could definitely see him as their ticket. 

4 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

OH GOD WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE SHUT UP?

I wonder how Alabama GOP members with daughters feel.  I've got a middle school aged kid.  If I found out someone like Moore engaged in these type of inappropriate behaviors with her, they wouldn't need to worry about their political careers.

4 minutes ago, HVAU said:

I wonder how Alabama GOP members with daughters feel.  I've got a middle school aged kid.  If I found out someone like Moore engaged in these type of inappropriate behaviors with her, they wouldn't need to worry about their political careers.

I have 4.

Know my pain.

Some interesting thoughts here. Let me first say I am no fan of Moore. I have seen behind the curtain at his foundation but that isn’t the only reason I am not a fan. 

Opposition research is a hot topic these days. If true, how has no one found this yet? I’m not saying it’s false. Not at all. Just thinking about all this. McConnel and the GOP didn’t find it. They have all the money in the world for “1st class” research. They could have guaranteed Strange’s election.  In all of Moore’s antics over their years no one has picked it up. Doug Jones and the DNC never found it. How did the local news establishments get scooped on this? It’s just crazy to think that this hasn’t been whispered about or insinuated at any time in the last 40 years. 

It will be interesting to see this play out. Sen. Shelby is correct in that there is no place for this in the Senate. If true, Moore needs to drop out and save our state any more embarrassment. 

10 minutes ago, HVAU said:

I have three but I have become very skeptical of all so many women coming forward years after something "happened." Why have they waited so long? Looks like in too many cases money is talking

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I have three but I have become very skeptical of all so many women coming forward years after something "happened." Why have they waited so long? Looks like in too many cases money is talking

Titan's post on the previous page is awesome. Please read it. 

9 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

Sen. Shelby is correct in that there is no place for this in the Senate

Didn’t he vote for Trump? Much more women have said much worst about Trump. 

Should also be noted that Shelby endorsed Strange before this information. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Didn’t he vote for Trump? Much more women have said much worst about Trump. 

Should also be noted that Shelby endorsed Strange before this information. 

Well, Trump is another story. And FTR, I didn’t support or vote for Trump, either. 

Archived