Moore-Strange?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Moore-Strange?

• Moore
    • Strange
    • Aubie the Tiger

11 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

OHLAWDWHYWON'TYOUPEOPLESHUTUP

I think 16 is the age of consent in Alabama, but yeah, if a 30 year old is asking a 16 year old out on a date, there's something wrong.  This ain't the 1920s.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To  each his own own opinion but right now because of the circumstances and timing of all this. it smells like a big turd. it seems to me that the Dems are desperate and reaching to the bottom of the dirty tricks bad. it worked in Virginia so why not try ii in Alabama. And Wapo isn't the most credible unbiased paper right now.  Seems like a lot of women willing to take some cheap shots for a little money. I probably wasn't even going to vote but unless something is proven before election I may just tell all the detractors to go to hell and vote for Moore.

Sorry to be the guy just throwing everything that pops into his head out there, but...

What does this mean for Moore's ability to be effective as a Senator?  He's already a disliked figure in DC, if anecdotal reports are to be believed.  Now, potentially, he's heading to Washington with this generations' scarlet letter pinned to his suit.  It's difficult to imagine anyone working with him to craft legislation.  Just an empty suit, and a Freedom Caucus vote.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think 16 is the age of consent in Alabama, but yeah, if a 30 year old is asking a 16 year old out on a date, there's something wrong.  This ain't the 1920s.

Works both ways. Why would a 14 year old girl want to go out with 30 year old guy?

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Works both ways. Why would a 14 year old girl want to go out with 30 year old guy?

It doesn't matter! Whether the child agrees or not (she didn't) is surely not the point! A 14 year old is incapable of informed consent!

1 minute ago, HVAU said:

Sorry to be the guy just throwing everything that pops into his head out there, but...

What does this mean for Moore's ability to be effective as a Senator?  He's already a disliked figure in DC, if anecdotal reports are to be believed.  Now, potentially, he's heading to Washington with this generations scarlet letter pinned to his suit.  It's difficult to imagine anyone working with him to craft legislation.  Just an empty suit, and a Freedom Caucus vote.

He would fit right in with some of the holier than thou slimeballs already there. Sen. Menendez (D, NJ) is a great example. He is being tried in a criminal case as we speak.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

It doesn't work both ways.  14 year old girls often see older men as "more mature" than the guys that they date in middle and high school.  Older men can also convince these younger women that they will take care of them, love them, etc because of that age difference.  Either way you look at it, it's an adult preying on a minor.  To try and spin it is actually disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Maybe because kids are not psychologically equipped to make adult decisions. Kind of why we have laws against this particular scenario.

5 minutes ago, HVAU said:

What does this mean for Moore's ability to be effective as a Senator?  He's already a disliked figure in DC, if anecdotal reports are to be believed.  Now, potentially, he's heading to Washington with this generations' scarlet letter pinned to his suit.  It's difficult to imagine anyone working with him to craft legislation.  Just an empty suit, and a Freedom Caucus vote.

No one was going to work with him in the first place.  He's Ted Cruz on steroids to those already in the Senate, and you see how much Cruz has actually accomplished for his agenda.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

No one was going to work with him in the first place.  He's Ted Cruz on steroids to those already in the Senate, and you see how much Cruz has actually accomplished for his agenda.

Tell me a senator or congressman who has lately.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He would fit right in with some of the holier than thou slimeballs already there. Sen. Menendez (D, NJ) is a great example. He is being tried in a criminal case as we speak.

I'm not up on the Menendez situation.  Is there more than the bribery and corruption charge?  

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Tell me a senator or congressman who has lately.

Well the Gang of Eight tried to get legislation done in a bi-partisan fashion.  The extremes of both parties shot that down.

But my point is, Cruz wasn't able to work with his own party.  It would be even worse for Moore.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It doesn't work both ways.  14 year old girls often see older men as "more mature" than the guys that they date in middle and high school.  Older men can also convince these younger women that they will take care of them, love them, etc because of that age difference.  Either way you look at it, it's an adult preying on a minor.  To try and spin it is actually disgusting.

Not trying to spin it and I understand. But young girls liking older boys is different than liking a 30m year old man. Where was the Mom in all this and why now after all this time a few weeks before an election. Just smells to me.

1 minute ago, HVAU said:

I'm not up on the Menendez situation.  Is there more than the bribery and corruption charge?  

No but he IS charged with those with plenty of evidence, not just someone's word.

Still vote for Moore. This smells of desperation. 40 years go by with this public figure and suddenly 30 days out from an election a paper who endorsed the other guy writes a story like this? Yeah, no thank you. 

Well the Gang of Eight tried to get legislation done in a bi-partisan fashion.  The extremes of both parties shot that down.

But my point is, Cruz wasn't able to work with his own party.  It would be even worse for Moore.

Could be but look how quickly some of those turned on a good guy like Jeff Sessions

3 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Still vote for Moore. This smells of desperation. 40 years go by with this public figure and suddenly 30 days out from an election a paper who endorsed the other guy writes a story like this? Yeah, no thank you. 

I hear you. I think this thing may very well backfire on the Dems.

Just now, AUcivE09 said:

Reporters and the editorial board which does endorsements don't even share the same office space and rarely speak to each other.  This story was written with 30 sources on the record and four different women corroborating the stories without knowing about each other.  It could all be one big conspiracy, but I highly doubt it.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Could be but look how quickly some of those turned on a good guy like Jeff Sessions

Your definition of good guy and mine are very far apart.

Your definition of good guy and mine are very far apart.

That's obvious and OK. We all have our opinions of things and people, often baseless. I know Sessions personally and he is an good guy........not by just a definition but personal  knowledge.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

If you have sat around wondering why victims are so reluctant to speak out or why it takes years, even decades to do so, your post and others like it and worse are why.  Why put yourself through it if you're not going to be believed, be called a gold digger or extortionist or slut or ___________?  For many, the fear of putting themselves, their families and those closest to them through this public s***storm is enough to keep them silent forever.  

2 hours ago, HVAU said:

I find Moore as distasteful as I do Trump.  He represents everything that I loathe about politicians...

But this feels like a political hatchet job.  If it's true Moore needs to go jump in a lake.  If it's not true, those that stir the pot like this can do the same.

You said it better than I could. Thanks.

Archived