Keep season tickets?

AUBourne

I live 9 hours from AU and only make a couple of games a year anyway.  I contribute to TUF and buy tickets to support the program only because I was so happy AU finally invested in making AU hoops relevant.  But now I feel let down and doubt if we see a NCAA tourney bid in the next 10 years.  

Anyone else thinking about asking for a refund? I guess if AU came out and offered some insight into the future it would help. Anyone else have thoughts?

2 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I live 9 hours from AU and only make a couple of games a year anyway.  I contribute to TUF and buy tickets to support the program only because I was so happy AU finally invested in making AU hoops relevant.  But now I feel let down and doubt if we see a NCAA tourney bid in the next 10 years.  

Anyone else thinking about asking for a refund? I guess if AU came out and offered some insight into the future it would help. Anyone else have thoughts?

They have already said they would refund tickets for this season........They know how disappointing this is and is going to be.

This was probably a President Leath decision....because JJ would still be trying to say how wonderful things will be. 

I did notice they were offering refunds.  Honestly I don't think I would have thought about asking for one if they didn't say they were available.  I have wanted hoops success for so long and now this is very disheartening and I am not sure if there is any point in trying to offer support to AU hoops. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

WOW issued a refund...that's not looking good at all

But the right thing to do.....impressed that the school would take the hit on something like that.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But the right thing to do.....impressed that the school would take the hit on something like that.

Leads me to believe that there is more bad news to come from this. As you said I don't think the school would take the hit if they thought they'd be in the clear. Or perhaps orders from the new prez?

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Leads me to believe that there is more bad news to come from this. As you said I don't think the school would take the hit if they thought they'd be in the clear. Or perhaps orders from the new prez?

JMO but likely it's an order from the Prez to stifle any complaining .....headed it off at the pass and JMO but not that many people will ask for it....but if they do,  the option is there.      

More bad news?   Maybe....but considering that we know very little for certain right now almost any additional news will be on the bad side.    Season to begin and we don't even know what the coaching situation will be.    will BP stay? ....I'm kind of doubtful just because of how the NCAA has been reading things lately about HC responsibility though Ole Miss seemed willing to keep Freeze through all his coaches' mid-deeds....until they had something on him directly.....so maybe AU will try to tough it out and just give BP a major slap on the wrist or a reprimand.   A bigger point is the roster and who will be eligible to play. 

Someone is doing a much better job of handling this crisis than AU has usually done in the past....and I'm thinking softball where we could not get out of our own way.    I doubt the ticket refunds will cost AU much in $$ but it's a good PR move in my view.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but likely it's an order from the Prez to stifle any complaining .....headed it off at the pass and JMO but not that many people will ask for it....but if they do,  the option is there.      

More bad news?   Maybe....but considering that we know very little for certain right now almost any additional news will be on the bad side.    Season to begin and we don't even know what the coaching situation will be.    will BP stay? ....I'm kind of doubtful just because of how the NCAA has been reading things lately about HC responsibility though Ole Miss seemed willing to keep Freeze through all his coaches' mid-deeds....until they had something on him directly.....so maybe AU will try to tough it out and just give BP a major slap on the wrist or a reprimand.   A bigger point is the roster and who will be eligible to play. 

Someone is doing a much better job of handling this crisis than AU has usually done in the past....and I'm thinking softball where we could not get out of our own way.    I doubt the ticket refunds will cost AU much in $$ but it's a good PR move in my view.

Good post. I could see this being the case. What a mess, though. I think our roster will be down 2 of our best players. We will struggle with rebounding yet again as the "1 and half years of college ball" comment is safe to assume that its Wiley. And someone said the other is Heron based on sisters/step-dad/etc comments in the released info. So we are significantly worse without them IMO.

I am disheartened with the season right around the corner, but I will continue to watch our guys because I enjoy watching our bball players bust their butts out there in the name of building the AU program from the foundation up and the guys remaining, for the most part, have been doing it the right way.

Chuck really screwed us here. Not only for the long term well-being of the program, but in the short term as well. 

Oh and he also ruined his life YIKES

Why not keep them? Confusing times, but Auburn isn't in the same situation as Louisville, and Pearl isn't in the same situation as Pitino. Person's is going to spill his guts to avoid a lesser sentence, so the truth will come out regarding who knew what.  I think its a respectful move by the university, but doesn't automatically equate to bad news on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Good post. I could see this being the case. What a mess, though. I think our roster will be down 2 of our best players. We will struggle with rebounding yet again as the "1 and half years of college ball" comment is safe to assume that its Wiley. And someone said the other is Heron based on sisters/step-dad/etc comments in the released info. So we are significantly worse without them IMO.

I am disheartened with the season right around the corner, but I will continue to watch our guys because I enjoy watching our bball players bust their butts out there in the name of building the AU program from the foundation up and the guys remaining, for the most part, have been doing it the right way.

Chuck really screwed us here. Not only for the long term well-being of the program, but in the short term as well. 

Oh and he also ruined his life YIKES

Agree....I will cheer for the guys who are wearing the AU uniform....and hope for the best.

The main reason I am thinking about getting a refund is because I feel like Coach Pearl will probably get fired and AU will replace him with a Barbee or Eagles caliber hire. That combined with any penalties and negative recruiting during the NCAA investigation is a a death blow. Best case we have little success for at least 7-10 years and maybe longer depending if AU invests in trying to win in basketball again.  I guess at this point I am waiting on a response from Leath on JJ and CBP..

• WarTiger changed the title to Keep season tickets?
2 hours ago, AUBourne said:

The main reason I am thinking about getting a refund is because I feel like Coach Pearl will probably get fired and AU will replace him with a Barbee or Eagles caliber hire. That combined with any penalties and negative recruiting during the NCAA investigation is a a death blow. Best case we have little success for at least 7-10 years and maybe longer depending if AU invests in trying to win in basketball again.  I guess at this point I am waiting on a response from Leath on JJ and CBP..

I don't think it would set us back that long. 

It may not be the season any of us wanted, but the remaining kids deserve a supporting fan base regardless if we lose the playmakers. We are disappointed as fans, but imagine how the team feels.

But, I wouldn't fault you for wanting a refund either.

I’m sticking with my tickets but wouldn’t blame anyone who wants a refund. We are all still processing this whole thing and there’s no right or wrong. As long as Bruce is still onboard, I’m onboard. 

I'll take anyone's Uconn tickets off their hands!

Planning on making a road trip from NC with and old UConn alum buddy of mine!

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, AUwent said:

I think it might be a good idea to keep season tickets. Just a hunch. :Sing:

You win for posting the first "I told you so" on this thread.....

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

I think it might be a good idea to keep season tickets. Just a hunch. :Sing:

Takes some people a lot longer to think than others.:-\

Glad I kept them.  The only game I went to this year was a road game. But I made a lot of money on stubhub. 

Archived