President Leath few comments

TigerOne

Auburn president Steven Leath said he received a call from an FBI agent on Monday night and was informed of the investigation during a meeting with the agent shortly before 8 a.m. Tuesday. At that meeting, the agent detailed the complex investigation and told Leath that the agency had already arrested Person earlier that morning.

Leath was shocked by the revelation but found relief in the fact that the university was not implicated and is not a target of the investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York.

"I think it says clearly that they don't think there's some structural problem or some broader problem at the university, that this was an isolated individual," Leath told ESPN. "I don't think anybody else knew. I don't think there's any indication at Auburn that anybody else knew about this."

That is good to hear.  However, the NCAA investigation is an entirely different situation.  

They may find this is such a huge blow to the sport they won't hand out sanctions to all the teams involved.  There wouldn't be 64 teams eligible for postseason. 

Wow....what a way to start a day....can't imagine what that felt like.....even with what passed for "good news" from the meeting.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wow....what a way to start a day....can't imagine what that felt like.....even with what passed for "good news" from the meeting.

Feel bad for him be on the job for a few months and have the softball/basketball crap hit him head on. He is much much more hands on in the AD then Gogue  ever was

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Feel bad for him be on the job for a few months and have the softball/basketball crap hit him head on. He is much much more hands on in the AD then Gogue  ever was

Good thing too or he would eventually be covered up by the BS being generated from many parts of the athletic program.  

Expect he is like most of us now....first thing he looks at in the morning is al.com or Crepa's blog to see what new crisis one of his sports program is facing.

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Eh, that paycheck makes it easier to deal with I’m sure. 

Just now, jared52 said:

Eh, that paycheck makes it easier to deal with I’m sure. 

Sure what I was saying this guy is much more involved then Gogue even though about.......................thats a good thing

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good thing too or he would eventually be covered up by the BS being generated from many parts of the athletic program.  

Expect he is like most of us now....first thing he looks at in the morning is al.com or Crepa's blog to see what new crisis one of his sports program is facing.

well if he is looking at updyke.com and their uat mole Creep then he is looking in the wrong place

6 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

well if he is looking at updyke.com and their uat mole Creep then he is looking in the wrong place

Unfortunately if you are looking for bad news or hard facts about AU you might as well start there......don't think you are going to get if from some friendly source who is a mouth piece for the athletic department do you?

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Unfortunately if you are looking for bad news or hard facts about AU you might as well start there......don't think you are going to get if from some friendly source who is a mouth piece for the athletic department do you?

true, yeah if you want negative AU articles that is the place

I see no way Leath doesn't clean house in a major way in the athletic department. How could anyone argue against doing so at this point?

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, augolf1716 said:

Sure what I was saying this guy is much more involved then Gogue even though about.......................thats a good thing

Its a very big misconception that Gogue was somehow not involved in Athletics.  Gogue was an incredible AU Preisdent.  Leath will be fortunate to be in the same light at the end of his tenure.

Archived