Sign in to follow this  
TigerOne

President Leath few comments

Recommended Posts

Auburn president Steven Leath said he received a call from an FBI agent on Monday night and was informed of the investigation during a meeting with the agent shortly before 8 a.m. Tuesday. At that meeting, the agent detailed the complex investigation and told Leath that the agency had already arrested Person earlier that morning.

Leath was shocked by the revelation but found relief in the fact that the university was not implicated and is not a target of the investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York.

"I think it says clearly that they don't think there's some structural problem or some broader problem at the university, that this was an isolated individual," Leath told ESPN. "I don't think anybody else knew. I don't think there's any indication at Auburn that anybody else knew about this."

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




That is good to hear.  However, the NCAA investigation is an entirely different situation.  

They may find this is such a huge blow to the sport they won't hand out sanctions to all the teams involved.  There wouldn't be 64 teams eligible for postseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds good but I'm still curious how the NCAA will handle it.  Edit- @AUpreacherman22 beat me to it. 

Edited by gr82be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow....what a way to start a day....can't imagine what that felt like.....even with what passed for "good news" from the meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wow....what a way to start a day....can't imagine what that felt like.....even with what passed for "good news" from the meeting.

Feel bad for him be on the job for a few months and have the softball/basketball crap hit him head on. He is much much more hands on in the AD then Gogue  ever was

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, augolf1716 said:

Feel bad for him be on the job for a few months and have the softball/basketball crap hit him head on. He is much much more hands on in the AD then Gogue  ever was

Good thing too or he would eventually be covered up by the BS being generated from many parts of the athletic program.  

Expect he is like most of us now....first thing he looks at in the morning is al.com or Crepa's blog to see what new crisis one of his sports program is facing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Feel bad for him be on the job for a few months and have the softball/basketball crap hit him head on. He is much much more hands on in the AD then Gogue  ever was

Eh, that paycheck makes it easier to deal with I’m sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jared52 said:

Eh, that paycheck makes it easier to deal with I’m sure. 

Sure what I was saying this guy is much more involved then Gogue even though about.......................thats a good thing

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good thing too or he would eventually be covered up by the BS being generated from many parts of the athletic program.  

Expect he is like most of us now....first thing he looks at in the morning is al.com or Crepa's blog to see what new crisis one of his sports program is facing.

well if he is looking at updyke.com and their uat mole Creep then he is looking in the wrong place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

well if he is looking at updyke.com and their uat mole Creep then he is looking in the wrong place

Unfortunately if you are looking for bad news or hard facts about AU you might as well start there......don't think you are going to get if from some friendly source who is a mouth piece for the athletic department do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Unfortunately if you are looking for bad news or hard facts about AU you might as well start there......don't think you are going to get if from some friendly source who is a mouth piece for the athletic department do you?

true, yeah if you want negative AU articles that is the place

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see no way Leath doesn't clean house in a major way in the athletic department. How could anyone argue against doing so at this point?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, augolf1716 said:

Sure what I was saying this guy is much more involved then Gogue even though about.......................thats a good thing

Its a very big misconception that Gogue was somehow not involved in Athletics.  Gogue was an incredible AU Preisdent.  Leath will be fortunate to be in the same light at the end of his tenure.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this