It appears that one of two players

doverstutts

13 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

that we thought it was turns out be wrong.   Again, it appears that we will have a presence in the paint this season

tell me what you are hearing right now don't play with my emotions like this

I have not checked it out myself, TIFWIW, they said that Austin played his first game in December and was already on the team, and was not who Person was referring to when he said that the guy would be here in January.   Vicki  has vehemently denied ever taking a thing or having those conversations.   They have tapes and videos so it would be very unwise to deny something so easily proven to be a lie as this would be.   It ain't him if you connect the dots

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

I have not checked it out myself, TIFWIW, they said that Austin played his first game in December and was already on the team, and was not who Person was referring to when he said that the guy would be here in January.   Vicki  has vehemently denied ever taking a thing or having those conversations.   They have tapes and videos so it would be very unwise to deny something so easily proven to be a lie as this would be.   It ain't him if you connect the dots

Agreed. I jumped the gun. No doubt they were talking about Wiley during the November convo, but he was not P1. Whoever P2 might be is still up in the air, but I doubt it's Wiley. 

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

Agreed. I jumped the gun. No doubt they were talking about Wiley during the November convo, but he was not P1. Whoever P2 might be is still up in the air, but I doubt it's Wiley. 

there are similar circumstances concerning timing of of another player, the year before that was hoped to be able to join the team, I believe the hope was JANUARY        .use your rememberer and think who had to sit out for a year

Hmmm

So coupled with Heron would we rather have it be Danjel or Wiley? Losing 2 studs on the wing is a huge blow but losing our only player with size would also be crippling.

Guess the best thing is to go the practice and see who shows up.   Expect AU knows or has a good idea about this and will take some preemptive action....or at least the would seem prudent to me.   I would not want to be one of the players facing team mates under these conditions....JMO...

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Purifoy 

thats how they got it figured and with wiley's mama denying any involvement, it gives me hope.   The name you mention, had a very shady high school career, if you'll think back

Matthew Stevens reported yesterday that there was no way that Wiley was player 1.  He was not eligible for the draft and he didn't have the family members mentioned.  Now with that said, he also said that he was not ruling him out as player 2.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hmmm

So coupled with Heron would we rather have it be Danjel or Wiley? Losing 2 studs on the wing is a huge blow but losing our only player with size would also be crippling.

Idon't  like purifoys game any way.....i doubt that heron or purifoy are back, ever, but i would heap more want austin than either of those

5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

thats how they got it figured and with wiley's mama denying any involvement, it gives me hope.   The name you mention, had a very shady high school career, if you'll think back

I was just about to mention there were murmurs on this board, way before Pearl was even hired, that there were some red flags about Danjel's recruitment.

I like his game when he's attacking, he was a force when he was aggressive and the D had to respect his jumper and his driving ability.

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hmmm

Wiley would single-handedly take over games on occasion last year.  He's absolutely the guy we can't lose.  Not saying I want to lose Heron or Purifoy either (and I'm skeptical we will), but Wiley is a whole other beast when healthy.

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wiley would single-handedly take over games on occasion last year.  He's absolutely the guy we can't lose.  Not saying I want to lose Heron or Purifoy either (and I'm skeptical we will), but Wiley is a whole other beast when healthy.

I am at the age that I can't remember s*** from one day to next, but I read the whole 32 page document and I can about swear that I read that Person told the mother of player 2 that what they were doing WAS NOT an Ncaa violation.   I think that he told Player 1 to keep quiet because it was illegal and a violation, but the wording at least appears to indicate that she thought it was okay.    The heat is off of us and I do think that this is so big that the hypocritical bastards at the NZAA will not be able to use their righteous indignation bull**** in all of this.   Lets see how the bucktoothed, bowties sissy bastards handle this when the FBI comes calling the name of those running the damn thing...burn this m*************** down!!!!!!!!!.   Being that the updykes are ass deep in this may be our bright light

I still just don't get why Heron would do that. Bound for an NBA Career. He seems like a smart guy. Something still not quite right with that for me. I'm thinking this was two guys who were highly ranked recruits coming out of high school and struggled in college a bit so they needed some help getting their name out to nba teams...... who do we know like this?

sounding like Dover missed his anger meds this morning.....

5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I am at the age that I can't remember s*** from one day to next, but I read the whole 32 page document and I can about swear that I read that Person told the mother of player 2 that what they were doing WAS NOT an Ncaa violation.   I think that he told Player 1 to keep quiet because it was illegal and a violation, but the wording at least appears to indicate that she thought it was okay.    The heat is off of us and I do think that this is so big that the hypocritical bastards at the NZAA will not be able to use their righteous indignation bull**** in all of this.   Lets see how the bucktoothed, bowties sissy bastards handle this when the FBI comes calling the name of those running the damn thing...burn this m*************** down!!!!!!!!!.   Being that the updykes are ass deep in this may be our bright light

are you saying the updkyes are in deeper than we are or just equally involved? 

When I read it yesterday, it read to as Wiley would be a potential player to approach, not one that had already been approached.

3 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

are you saying the updkyes are in deeper than we are or just equally involved? 

Right now, I don't think that we are in too bad of shape.             yet.       The updykes are scrambling right now because they were caught flat-footed just like the rest

Archived