FINAL: Auburn 49 Mississippi State 10

RunInRed

15 hours ago, alexava said:

This is my biggest concern. They are largely ineffective and not being rested enough to heal. Line does better with golsden at LT wonhogo had a tight end number on. 

I don't understand it.

Is it pass blocking?  How is giving them game experience not a good thing?  

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DAG said:

By that notion it is a bit too early to be getting down on coach O or for getting gitty about CGM this season . Again, let's try to look at things from both sides . BTW, I never said he was a great hire . If we are going to have discourse let's try to not make stuff up. Lucky or just great recruiting ? Looks to me like he will probably get JF too. I guess CGM was lucky to have Cam Newton fall in his lap as well.

37-7 loss to Moo st. Homecoming loss to TROY! TROY. It's never too early to get down on that. they were picked to compete with us for 2nd in the west. unless it's ole miss they will come it a # 7. possibly a chizik0-8 run coming up.

I look at EVERYTHING from both sides. what did i make up? every good qb you get is luck. Even 5*  qbs have a low success rate. He was not only lucky to get Cam, he was lucky Cam took to his coaching, didn't get hurt or have a drinking/drug problem. When your stud sophomore gets hurt and your true freshman comes in and does even better you have a feather in you ass. Now i a thinking Chubb and Michele he is lucky to have them too. He didn't recruit them. UGA and alabama have 3-4 rbs each better than our best with our injury situation.

17 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

MSU's OL didn't enjoy the experience quite as much

I wasn't blessed to get to go, but ANYTIME MSU plays Auburn in JH, it's an AUsome event because... dang those wretched cowbells....they have to stay home!  And oh, the fury of trying to listen over the radio when MSU plays at home.

16 hours ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_0780.GIF

Related image

Any coach needs at least 3 years before you can proclaim them garbage or wonderful.  Gus has proven to be average after a miracle year 1.  Chizik was the terrible Iowa State HC everyone knew he was except Jay Jacobs after Cam, Nick, a lot of players he did not recruit, Tracy Rocker and Gus the OC left.  All of that to say, Kirby Smart is looking good now, but lets see what happens through year 3.

wde

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

God I hope not!  

The Cigar Game was great fun, they started turning the lights out on us in Tiger Stadium because we just kept celebrating. :)

I hope we are smoking cigars after the game.

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think the push was there sometimes on many plays but both of our starting RBs are not 100%. I would start playing Miller in front of KP if he is hurt. They are the same type of back. 

I understand being tentative about playing Martin because of his ball security. But I agree Miller is a lot like KP and I don't understand his lack of playing time. 

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I understand being tentative about playing Martin because of his ball security. But I agree Miller is a lot like KP and I don't understand his lack of playing time. 

I saw enough to lose the tentativeness. I think coach did too. If he goes Mario Fannin on us I'll go back tentative. 

22 hours ago, selias said:

The 66yd TD run in garbage time really skewed the rushing stats. I'm sure someone will get their panties in a bunch about me being picky but...we need balance. Despite all that, I was beyond thrilled to see Stidham throw it from our own end zone. Talk about breaking a tendency.

Shoot

Take away just 7 plays (that totaled 331 yrds) and the whole offense looks a bit pedestrian?

Haven't read through the thread, but here's what I saw.  Finally got to watch the game last night as I was at a wedding this weekend.

- We really need to work in MM and DB to spell KJ.  It's obvious that while KJ is playing hard, he's still not 100%.  On the other side, completely sit KP until he is healthy.  The zone blocking scheme we are doing is meant for seeing a cutback hole and shooting up the field, and if you watch closely, there are holes available.  KP isn't hitting the hole hard at all and needs to rest until he can.

- The revamped OL looks much better.

- Our defense is disgustingly good. Moreover, best game the secondary has played all year this weekend.

- Don't remember the last time we had a QB who could throw the ball with this much consistency and accuracy.  Still would love to see some more short/intermediate routes over the middle, but we are doing some nice things in the short passing game.  The quick throw to Cox for 6-7 yards on first down is a great example.

- The schedule really does set up perfectly to make a run and get better each week while doing it.

Archived