FINAL: Auburn 49 Mississippi State 10

RunInRed

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Great win at home to start off SEC play! Stidham was effective and Defense really stepped up! Onto the next one. War Eagle. 

You mean SEC west play right? 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game. Team looked good all around. Hopefully this is a case of the offense gelling together, and not just beating up on the lesser opponents like what normally happens. Mississippi States win over LSU doesn't look as good with LSU being down 17-7 at home against Troy. Nevertheless, everyone looked good tonight. WRs seemed to step it up.... Our defense is just nasty. We could of gotten more production out of the RBs, but they even played well. Great game overall

We pounded an inferior team as we should have.  We are going to continue to do that until we play UGA.

wde

12 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

No AUBURN slander. This team looks really good.

Oh there will be slander. Remember, some of our posters used to be pee wee coaches.

4 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

If the O-line can continue go gel and solidify and the RBs can get healthy and get their heads in the game.....we've got a shot with this D.

Big if regarding the rbs. How do you get healthy playing hurt. KP needs a big hole to get up to speed and limping he isn't effective at all.  KJ is good but isn't a difference maker between the tackles, and gets hurt every few games. Where the he'll is Kam Martin...our most explosive play maker at rb?

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

We pounded an inferior team as we should have.  We are going to continue to do that until we play UGA.

wde

Our oline has got to create some push an make holes or we will not beat Georgia.

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Great game. Team looked good all around. Hopefully this is a case of the offense gelling together, and not just beating up on the lesser opponents like what normally happens. Mississippi States win over LSU doesn't look as good with LSU being down 17-7 at home against Troy. Nevertheless, everyone looked good tonight. WRs seemed to step it up.... Our defense is just nasty. We could of gotten more production out of the RBs, but they even played well. Great game overall

We gotta get together man. My wife and kids were outta town, probably leaving you as the only other Auburn fan in Eugene. Fwiw...im actually a duck now...i know...damn you second career!

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This HAS to be the year we finally win in LSU. They do not look good. It's time. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Our oline has got to create some push an make holes or we will not beat Georgia.

I agree.  Our coaching staff also has to stop playing obviously injured players at the RB position as well.

wde

2 minutes ago, ausoldiergrad said:

Big if regarding the rbs. How do you get healthy playing hurt. KP needs a big hole to get up to speed and limping he isn't effective at all.  KJ is good but isn't a difference maker between the tackles, and gets hurt every few games. Where the he'll is Kam Martin...our most explosive play maker at rb?

I guess if coaches thought he would make the team better they would have him out there.   Since he is not out there yet either he is hurting or has some deficiencies  (like pass protection for example) that makes him a liability.   But I agree....KP's problems look to be more than just his foot....

Only areas that need touching up are FGs and turnovers. Team is starting to look very complete. Lots of possibility left in conference and nationally. This team is looking like it could contend in conference and nationally. Biggest thing for us would be the RBs getting healthy. 

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I agree.  Our coaching staff also has to stop playing obviously injured players at the RB position as well.

wde

If only because you're screwing that kid, and not giving another a chance to shine.

15 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

13-16, 264 yards, 2 TDs.  

Not a terrible stat line for Mr. Stidham.

Against the no.2 pass defense in the sec no less.

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Our rb injuries are a big concern just as they were last year toward the end of the season. 

If we stop running a dive up the middle after a big gain and play our healthy running backs, we might just be able to make some noise. I love crushing Mullen. He is scum and a snitch for the NCAA.

Just now, AU64 said:

I guess if coaches thought he would make the team better they would have him out there.   Since he is not out there yet either he is hurting or has some deficiencies  (like pass protection for example) that makes him a liability.   But I agree....KP's problems look to be more than just his foot....

Fair enough, but count me among the crowd that still doesn't believe Gus could find his ass with both hands, so I will be arm chair qb'ing until that changes or the coach is some one else.

1 minute ago, ausoldiergrad said:

We gotta get together man. My wife and kids were outta town, probably leaving you as the only other Auburn fan in Eugene. Fwiw...im actually a duck now...i know...damn you second career!

I actually moved back this Spring. I'm back in Oneonta AL now. But the rest of my family still considered themselves Ducks. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

This HAS to be the year we finally win in LSU. They do not look good. It's time. 

I agree 100%. I just hope we continue to improve. We always get hit by some type of voodoo down there...

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Just curious as to whether Canella is with the team?

And Mullen is an a**hole, nothing classy about him or his heinous wife.  How soon you forget.

^^^^ this . Mullen is a great coach but a better a**hole 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Our rb injuries are a big concern just as they were last year toward the end of the season. 

Well, the coaching staff needs to start playing uninjured RBs.  Johnson is talented enough to overcome some of his injury.  Pettway is not, he is simply a liability now.  We have other guys that can contribute.

wde

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Just curious as to whether Canella is with the team?

And Mullen is an a**hole, nothing classy about him or his heinous wife.  How soon you forget.

Yes he was down there. He got a couple of close ups on screen 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I actually moved back this Spring. I'm back in Oneonta AL now. But the rest of my family still considered themselves Ducks. 

I agree 100%. I just hope we continue to improve. We always get hit by some type of voodoo down there...

How could you!? I really thought you might be the one. #cryface

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Great win.   Would love to see miller get more carries.    KJ and KP aren't 100 %

But ya know of course that makes too much sense for Gus

Archived