FINAL: Auburn 49 Mississippi State 10

RunInRed

Just now, Barnacle said:

@McLoofus really liked what we saw out of Malik Miller. Don't know why we haven't seen more of him. He's a big body and he's playing a lot quicker than Pettway is at present. 

That's what I'm scratching my head about tonight. Why are we prolonging the recovery on our top 2 guys instead of repping the young guys more? 

Don't get me wrong though. Definitely not complaining about the outing overall.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's what I'm scratching my head about tonight. Why are we prolonging the recovery on our top 2 guys instead of repping the young guys more? 

Don't get me wrong though. Definitely not complaining about the outing overall.

I move Miller to the 2 back spot and sit pettway until he heals up. He looks like he is in pain . I run everyone but pettway due to his health 

3 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Did anyone else like move of Golson to left tackle?

I was surprised it was left and not right. Seems maybe pass pro now better overall. Not sure if run blocking is compromised or not. Proud of Dunn. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I was surprised it was left and not right. Seems maybe pass pro now better overall. Not sure if run blocking is compromised or not. Proud of Dunn. 

He started against Missouri at Right Tackle. Moved to left tackle early in the 3rd quarter, that game.

8 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Did anyone else like move of Golson to left tackle?

Dunn did.

It's not like that was some stroke of genius, you'll recall that Darius James was taken off the field on a golf cart.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I move Miller to the 2 back spot and sit pettway until he heals up. He looks like he is in pain . I run everyone but pettway due to his health 

I'm guessing that the coaches don't trust the young guys to protect JS....or they would be playing more.    The offense seems to revolve around JS and he needs time to find his receivers....does not seem very quick to make his decisions yet and whiff block can get him hurt.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dunn is a small center, but I saw him at 2nd level blocking . He needs to lift like hell this season to get stronger .. he needs to be lifting now after the game . 

In other news, LSU loses to Troy. Cajun’s will be howling at the moon tonight...and not in a good way. Way to go Troy!!

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I'm guessing that the coaches don't trust the young guys to protect JS....or they would be playing more.    The offense seems to revolve around JS and he needs time to find his receivers....does not seem very quick to make his decisions yet and whiff block can get him hurt.

Miller has great size . He needs that work though. He needs to be beat on to get better . To earn trust u need to be given the chance

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

In other news, LSU loses to Troy. Cajun’s will be howling at the moon tonight...and not in a good way. Way to go Troy!!

Its final?

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Dunn did.

It's not like that was some stroke of genius, you'll recall that Darius James was taken off the field on a golf cart.

Fortunately James was OK and started tonight at RT. It appears that Golson at LT and James at RT, like last year is a good fit for both. 

17 minutes ago, War Knight said:

Fun game. Random plug, if you don't follow Drunk Aubie then do it.

Screenshot_20170930-210829.png

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Dunn is a small center, but I saw him at 2nd level blocking . He needs to lift like hell this season to get stronger .. he needs to be lifting now after the game . 

Well, he’s listed at 6’4” and 293 lbs, not small for a Center imo. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Its final?

Tis.

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Well, he’s listed at 6’4” and 293 lbs, not small for a Center imo. 

Maybe he just looked small because I am used to seeing Golson 

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Tis.

That is awesome. Congrats Troy Trojans.

18 minutes ago, War Knight said:

Fun game. Random plug, if you don't follow Drunk Aubie then do it.

Screenshot_20170930-210829.png

I LOVE Drunk Aubie. No idea who runs the handle, but I want to meet them in real life. 

OL = better

Playcalling = better

WRs = better

RB = still less than 100%.  We really need to play Miller, Martin, and Barrett more!

Defense = Still solid!  This is a special unit!  I love seeing the youngins in there at the end, we're building depth for next year!

Overall = Taking steps each week.  100 points, over 1,000 yards, and 2-0 in the SEC the last 2 weeks!!!  I'll take that any day!

Malik Miller is the closest thing to prime Pettway, move him up to number two running back PLEASE

No critcisms for anything else, OL proved to me that they've hit their general peak run blocking wise, and its time for the backs to adjust that. KJ did his thing but the other guys need reps asap 

Archived