Injuries?

OnthePlains

4 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Still think something is up with Pettway. He looks nothing like he did last year. 

I've been hearing he has that plantar fasciitis which can bug you for months. 

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

I've been hearing he has that plantar fasciitis which can bug you for months. 

Have not heard that but it makes sense. I have had PF.  It does take months to get over. Surgery may be required to get past it.  Also, it is painful when not doing anything and very painful when trying to run. 

10 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Have not heard that but it makes sense. I have had PF.  It does take months to get over. Surgery may be required to get past it.  Also, it is painful when not doing anything and very painful when trying to run. 

Yup.. I can vouch for that.  I’ve been dealing with it off and on for nearly 20 years and I finally found a doc who is thinking surgery may be my only option.  It’s very painful  and really inhibiting.  I’m sure after football his first step out of bed the next morning is painful enough to bring him to his knees.  It would for me!!

33 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

Yup.. I can vouch for that.  I’ve been dealing with it off and on for nearly 20 years and I finally found a doc who is thinking surgery may be my only option.  It’s very painful  and really inhibiting.  I’m sure after football his first step out of bed the next morning is painful enough to bring him to his knees.  It would for me!!

Have you tried the golf ball treatment?  That hurt like hell but I think it helped me the most. 

26 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Have you tried the golf ball treatment?  That hurt like hell but I think it helped me the most. 

Not that one yet.  I’ll have to give it a try thanks!  I do freeze a water bottle and roll my foot over it at night which gives me some relief.

Put the golf ball on the floor.   Roll it around with your foot while sitting.  Roll it all over your arch and front of your heel. It hurts for a while but then it starts to feel good and will help reduce the bone spur. 

I don't think its a rumor at all. I believe gus confirmed it? I've had it too. its a bitch. no way i could have played football.

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don't think its a rumor at all. I believe gus confirmed it? I've had it too. its a bitch. no way i could have played football.

Yes I think this has been confirmed by a couple of people. The good news is that he can play which hopefully means that it is getting a little better. It didn't look like Kerryon's hamstring is 100% yet either. On that long run at the beginning of the game it looked like he pulled up a little at the end. Hopefully we can get up really good on a couple of these next few games and let them rest those injuries so they can be 100% for the last few games.  

why does pettway not have an op to repair that? him being hurt has not helped his chances with the nfl and i am sure it is something he wants bad. he would still have one year to play or even two if he got a medical redshirt? he was a beast last year and turning heads. a full year being healthy should  i hope it works out for him.

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Martin was held out. Didn't hear what specific injury 

Martin was held out because they like to not play him every other game(until fans complain and reporters grill Gus) or he had an injury or something else?

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why does pettway not have an op to repair that? him being hurt has not helped his chances with the nfl and i am sure it is something he wants bad. he would still have one year to play or even two if he got a medical redshirt? he was a beast last year and turning heads. a full year being healthy should  i hope it works out for him.

Plantar fasciitis rarely requires surgery and frankly shouldn't be slowing him down that much. Some steroids, NSAIDs, the old golf ball, etc. should take care of it. It hurts but I've run a few marathons through it...

KP just doesn't seem to be excited about playing. Maybe he's frustrated over the injury. He put himself on the map for national honors this season with a definite chance to improve his draft stock. Then he opens the season with a suspension. I hope for his sake and the teams he finds his mojo fast. 

I genuinely believe, as others do, that if we could begin adding some short/quick passing to our gam plans and get a solid running game going, this team could be special. But as always, IF...

KP still not 100% and it shows. This is the meat of the schedule though, and I don't think sitting out would help this injury too much. Kudos to both he and KJ for playing through pain for the good of the team. 

Whispers say: Williams, T. Has a shoulder sprain and will be a week to week evaluation. Stove rolled up on an ankle and will be a bit hobbled. I would expect him back soon. May see #4 in the speed sweep spot during practice this week. 

Bubba has PF and an ankle issue, KJ still not 100% on the hammy,  he actually slowed down in the open field to not put more of a strain on it, Tre Williams has shoulder issue not sure exactly the issue but he looks like he’s close to being healthy, and KMart is “banged up”.  Should be good to go this week.

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

KP still not 100% and it shows. This is the meat of the schedule though, and I don't think sitting out would help this injury too much. Kudos to both he and KJ for playing through pain for the good of the team. 

Whispers say: Williams, T. Has a shoulder sprain and will be a week to week evaluation. Stove rolled up on an ankle and will be a bit hobbled. I would expect him back soon. May see #4 in the speed sweep spot during practice this week. 

With due respect to Bubba, given his foot injury he losses his ineffectiveness and power. I just don't see him being an effective option if his lower body isn't 100%.

I for one would like to see miller, barrett get some more touches. I know with barrett its prob more of how much offense he knows but miller should be ready to go

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect to Bubba, given his foot injury he losses his ineffectiveness and power. I just don't see him being an effective option if his lower body isn't 100%.

This sure seems to be the case. Hoping that's all it is. 

24 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

This sure seems to be the case. Hoping that's all it is. 

I hope he's able to give us a couple of good games this year and puts a lot of focus into having a big senior season next year.

Tre' could've played this week but as long as they didn't need him to play, they weren't going to rush him back. It's nothing serious, just one of those things that can take time to heal and unfortunately playing on defense he's going to take plenty of hits in that area and will aggravate it. He's ready to go though! He hates not being on the field with his brothers!

Archived