The deadliest mass shooting in US history

AUDub

20 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Thank you.

So he probably used a tripod if he were moving between rooms? 

Depends, tripods are usually for heavier more stationary  weapons like larger belt fed arms.

Who knows what this guy rang up in his head 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, stoic-one said:

Depends, tripods are usually for heavier more stationary  weapons like larger belt fed arms.

Who knows what this guy rang up in his head 

What type of weapons did this guy have? I haven't been able to find a legit answer yet.

A stock issue M249 with a bipod would have done more damage, and you wouldn't have had the very long amounts of time between firing that he had. I highly doubt someone in his position cares about over heating the barrel.

The way he fired made me think he had a few different rifles with extended mags and once he emptied one he walked back in his room to grab the next. He never fires more than 30-50ish each time does he? and with a target size that he had.... you don't need a bi or tri for what you are trying to accomplish.

7 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

What type of weapons did this guy have? I haven't been able to find a legit answer yet.

A stock issue M249 with a bipod would have done more damage, and you wouldn't have had the very long amounts of time between firing that he had. I highly doubt someone in his position cares about over heating the barrel.

The way he fired made me think he had a few different rifles with extended mags and once he emptied one he walked back in his room to grab the next. He never fires more than 30-50ish each time does he? and with a target size that he had.... you don't need a bi or tri for what you are trying to accomplish.

I have heard several chopped up version of news but it seemed like a lot more than 50 rounds in a single burst.

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I have heard several chopped up version of news but it seemed like a lot more than 50 rounds in a single burst.

The first round of gunfire totalled around 100 rounds by my count.

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

The first round of gunfire totalled around 100 rounds by my count.

It might have been, I've only listened to it once this morning. but even then... a drum on an actual assault rifle can hit those numbers... some of the stupidly big extended mags can.

I'm really wanting to know what this dude had and how he got it. Didn't he work for some type of defense company? Would he have had a clearance for his job? and maybe easier access to military grade rifles?

17 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Gut instinct for says he had multiple rifles set up and ready to go. There were several in the room.

One gun apparently had a bump stock. 

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Gut instinct for says he had multiple rifles set up and ready to go. There were several in the room.

One gun apparently had a bump stock. 

The multiple rifles is a sure thing. Unless he had some jams that he was slow about fixing the long instances of no firing is a giveaway to me that he was moving and grabbing another weapon.

The sick thing about a lot of this is how so many people are using it to spin their political views. I think something needs to be done to address the epidemic of shootings that are happening in our country, but I think that's just a symptom of much deeper problems--- one of which is hate. Using this event to point fingers and put political spin on the situation only serves to exacerbate the issue.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

This is why we call this a dynamic situation, because no one knows anything as fact, yet here we all are speculating and arguing things like we know something NO ONE knows.... And it doesn't matter, really, the guy was a whack if he did what he did, anyone want to argue that point?

6 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

The sick thing about a lot of this is how so many people are using it to spin their political views. I think something needs to be done to address the epidemic of shootings that are happening in our country, but I think that's just a symptom of much deeper problems--- one of which is hate. Using this event to point fingers and put political spin on the situation only serves to exacerbate the issue.

I don't argue guns much anymore. But give me a legitimate use for society to have the access they have to what we just heard. How is cranking out deadly rounds at this rate a "freedom "? It didn't sound like freedom to me. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don't argue guns much anymore. But give me a legitimate use for society to have the access they have to what we just heard. How is cranking out deadly rounds at this rate a "freedom "? It didn't sound like freedom to me. 

I agree. Something needs to be done about the epidemic of shootings that seem to only be getting worse, but there's much deeper issues that are ongoing that are the root of the problem, whereas guns are a symptom of the problem.

19 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Hmmm

Surefire 60 round magazine and a bump-stock... Not surprising. Sad, but not surprising.

Yep. 

11 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Politics is the way we effect most changes.  Using such an incident to encourage a political response is not "sick".  Targeting the reduction of hate is a nice ideal but it's not a practical response. 

I should add that many stronger gun regulation proposals have a large majority of support in this country.  So it's a very valid question to ask why such majority-supported political responses to gun violence seem so difficult to enact. 

7 hours ago, alexava said:

It's hard to blame deeper issues when you don't even know a motive. 

Considering what's been said about the shooter, my wife suggested he might have had a brain tumor.  I guess he shot himself in the head, which won't help in eliminating that cause.

Bump stock is legal. I don't care for them personally.

The 60 round magazine is only illegal in CA, CO, CT, HI, MD, MA, NJ, and NY.

1 minute ago, stoic-one said:

Bump stock is legal. I don't care for them personally.

The 60 round magazine is only illegal in CA, CO, CT, HI, MD, MA, NJ, and NY.

Interesting.  Thanks.

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Considering what's been said about the shooter, my wife suggested it might have had a brain tumor.  I guess he shot himself in the head, which won't help in eliminating that cause.

I am sure there would be arguments back and forth as to if that can really make someone do this. I am not a doctor but it seems plausible to me especially with what we are learning from CTE.

Tumor was one of the things that I thought about considering the UT Tower shooter had one. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

should add that many stronger gun regulation proposals have a large majority of support in this country.  So it's a very valid question to ask why such majority-supported political responses to gun violence seem so difficult to enact. 

The same reason why the majority of people wanted the players to stop kneeling but couldn’t do anything about it. The second amendment is just as American as the first amendment and Guns-Rights advocates guard that amendment like they are playing capture the flag on COD.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Politics is the way we effect most changes.  Using such an incident to encourage a political response is not "sick".  Targeting the reduction of hate is a nice ideal but it's not a practical response. 

I should add that many stronger gun regulation proposals have a large majority of support in this country.  So it's a very valid question to ask why such majority-supported political responses to gun violence seem so difficult to enact. 

Can I steal this?

Archived