Last time AU beat LSU in Baton Rouge...

GwillMac6

19 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So you were...grinding...one out? :tease:

I'm pretty sure beer goggles fool everyone at some point. (At least that's what I'm telling myself right now.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 8 years old at the time. I had just started to really get into watching football.

I might be wrong but I believe auburn always held their own until the earthquake bowl and it seemed to get harder to get wins.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I might be wrong but I believe auburn always held their own until the earthquake bowl and it seemed to get harder to get wins.

The Amazin's in 1972 went 10-1. Their one loss? ...... At LSU 35-7

https://www.thewareaglereader.com/2012/09/the-night-the-amazins-werent-amazin-never-before-seen-photos-from-the-1972-auburn-lsu-game/

The next time AU beats LSU in Baton Rouge:

- Bryce Love continues to run his way into the Heisman race.
- D-Wade and LeBron will be reunited in Cleveland.
- Donald Trump will be president.
- Practically the entire Kardashian clan will be pregnant.

5 hours ago, selias said:

1999. I was in BR and on the field for The Cigar Game. Man, that was a great night.

Cigar Game 1.jpg

Cigar Game 2.jpg

It sure was!

So I'm told. Can't say I remember much about that game or BR.

The year was 1999. Michael Jordan announced his retirement. John Elway and the Broncos won their second straight Super Bowl (SB XXXIII). President Clinton was acquitted by the Senate in his impeachment trial. Eminem released "Slim Shady." Tim Couch was the first pick in the NFL Draft. Star Wars Phantom Menace was released in theaters. JFK Jr. and his wife died in a plane crash. "The Sixth Sense" and "Fight Club" premiered in theaters. Pierce Brosnan was James Bond.

Yeah. It's been THAT long since we won in that Corndog crap hole.

I was 14 and had tickets to go to the game with my great aunt, but my great grandfather passed away and changed our plans. Listened to the game on the radio in the funeral home parking lot because they had the visitation on a Saturday night.

I believe '99 was the game Kenny Irons predicted he would go for 2 (200 yds.)  before the game and then he fulfilled his promise.  Classic.                                                                                                                           Edit:  It was '05 but still classic even in a 20-17 loss         

football is a strange game. There is no comparing scores or a win by Troy in BR. If anything, it allows them to make adjustments to be a better focused team. 

We will have our hands full, because we will have that mental block about losing down there. 

But first...I want to focus on Ole Miss. This is a trap game I feel...

15 hours ago, Grinder said:

It was my sophomore year. That night is memorable because of the game and because I drank about a case of beer and hooked up with  a very unattractive and not slim girl. Thanks for bringing up long lost memories.

At least you earned your nickname that night. 

17 minutes ago, ALLINtheFamily said:

I believe '99 was the game Kenny Irons predicted he would go for 2 (200 yds.)  before the game and then he fulfilled his promise.  Classic

No

14 minutes ago, ALLINtheFamily said:

I believe '99 was the game Kenny Irons predicted he would go for 2 (200 yds.)  before the game and then he fulfilled his promise.  Classic

Kenny played at Auburn in 2005 and 2006 seasons.  The game you are thinking about was at LSU in 2005

12 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

football is a strange game. There is no comparing scores or a win by Troy in BR. If anything, it allows them to make adjustments to be a better focused team. 

We will have our hands full, because we will have that mental block about losing down there. 

But first...I want to focus on Ole Miss. This is a trap game I feel...

I agree about Ole Miss. Folks have been calling me crazy but it sets up as one of those games where AU just comes out flat and allows a team that can sling it around to stay in the game way too long.  I hope I'm wrong but these early kicks scare me to death. 

I was 18 and a freshman in college in Mississippi.  We had just gotten back from a fall baseball game and this was definitely a refreshing  end to the day.

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

We've only won five times in history down there.  It's never been easy for us in Red Stick, but we actually won in '97 & '99 there.  Before the losing streak began in 2001, we were 5-9-1 there, but one of those wins came before the first World Series was even played (1903).  Overall we are now 5-17-1 at LSU.

41 minutes ago, ALLINtheFamily said:

I believe '99 was the game Kenny Irons predicted he would go for 2 (200 yds.)  before the game and then he fulfilled his promise.  Classic.                                                                                                                           Edit:  It was '05 but still classic even in a 20-17 loss         

You call it classic.  I was in the stadium.  Infuriating is the proper word you are looking for to describe that night.

18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I, too, was 10. It’s been too long...

I was only 8. Barely even remember the game. We are long overdue for a whooping in the bayou. 

In the last 10 years, I have been to Tiger Stadium three times to see Auburn play LSU, and they have lost each time. One of those games was a last minute TD from Flynn to Byrd - complete heartbreaker.  This year...things change. 

I was a junior at AU...Ronney Daniels was a god in AU for that one year.  We got all the bounces in that game...recovered fumbles at opportune moments, fake field goals...everything was working.

54 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I agree about Ole Miss. Folks have been calling me crazy but it sets up as one of those games where AU just comes out flat and allows a team that can sling it around to stay in the game way too long.  I hope I'm wrong but these early kicks scare me to death. 

Ole Miss will be a test just because Shea Patterson will be hard to sack him just like it was with Fitzgerald this past weekend. Can we get to him? SURE. Holland was close to about 4 more sacks than the 1 he had. Can we get him on the ground? That will be the hard part.  His WR's will be our biggest test yet for our corners. They are all big and physical WR's who are really talented. This is where Jamel Dean can come up huge for us! We need him to have a big time game for us since he is our tallest and most physical corner at 6 ft 2. Yah 11 am games in no way shape or form favor the home team at all. 

Archived