AU vs. Ole Miss - Weekly Presser

RunInRed

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

What's the MGMAuburn hashtag?

EDIT: Ohhhhh... if I click on it, I get hints. Sorry, everyone...

It's very frustrating to see so much progress in so many areas but the one thing that has always been our strength becomes the weakness of the team: Auburn's running game. Not one back ranks top ten in the SEC for yards per carry. Would anyone have anticipated this prior to the season start?  Hopefully we will see improvement with run blocking and a more diverse stable of running backs. That said, it's been awhile sense I've seen an Auburn team improve in the dramatic fashion this team has.

Just now, shabby said:

It's very frustrating to see so much progress in so many areas but the one thing that has always been our strength becomes the weakness of the team: Auburn's running game. Not one back ranks top ten in the SEC for yards per carry. Would anyone have anticipated this prior to the season start?  Hopefully we will see improvement with run blocking and a more diverse stable of running backs. That said, it's been awhile sense I've seen an Auburn team improve in the dramatic fashion this team has.

Even more frustrating when your primary rb has a lingering injury and it seems that he won't get 100%. So many if's...smh. If both KJ and Pettway were 100% I would definitively say that we go undefeated until uga and we see what happens. Gus says that KJ is close to 90-95% but of course that's what gus said...smh. We need to give miller the chance the chance to be our bruiser...it's really not that hard.

28 minutes ago, shabby said:

It's very frustrating to see so much progress in so many areas but the one thing that has always been our strength becomes the weakness of the team: Auburn's running game. Not one back ranks top ten in the SEC for yards per carry.

Would be less of an issue if they would just give So MM and Fr DB more chances.

29 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Would be less of an issue if they would just give So MM and Fr DB more chances.

It does not appear that Gus is comfortable giving the ball to KM or MM or DB on a consistent basis...YET. Gus wants to win first and he knows he can count on KJ. Over time I think we will see more and more of the others. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It does not appear that Gus is comfortable giving the ball to KM or MM or DB on a consistent basis...YET. Gus wants to win first and he knows he can count on KJ. Over time I think we will see more and more of the others. 

KM, MM and DB all hit the hole so much harder and faster than KJ and KP right now. It seems to me that KJ is dancing to much. I know the injuries have effected them but the younger guys have better wheels right now.

46 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

KM, MM and DB all hit the hole so much harder and faster than KJ and KP right now. It seems to me that KJ is dancing to much. I know the injuries have effected them but the younger guys have better wheels right now.

I agree with you but I am not the coach. Let's not forget that KM has had problems holding in to the ball in the past so maybe that is why he is hesitant but KP doesn't need to play for a while IMO. 

14 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

One aspect you have consider with who goes in as RB is pass blocking.  The younger guys may be struggling with that part of it.

This!.  Pass protection is vital to this, or any, offense.  Sometimes it takes a while for youngsters to pick up on it.

Have to give KJ a lot of credit during these interviews. He's smart, he knows what not to say which can be more important than what he does say and he's humble. He knows the team's success matters more than his own and he's always ready to give props to those guys.

I doubt he's actually 90%, but if he can get fully healthy by the time we play aTm then I'd be happy.

I just noticed on sec network that ole miss QB is the leading passer in the SEC. I hope he gets harrassed sufficiently on Saturday! Anyone in the know....will he be the best QB we have faced to date?

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I just noticed on sec network that ole miss QB is the leading passer in the SEC. I hope he gets harrassed sufficiently on Saturday! Anyone in the know....will he be the best QB we have faced to date?

Bryant from clemson would be my 1st then Patterson. JMO

IDK if he said it here or where it was said, but I just read an article that said Gus has no plans on resting the backs that are hurt? So we're just playing against weak, horrible defenses and Gus doesn't equate that to being an opportunity to actually shut down his guys? 

5 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Sorry for ignorance, but 

any info re: the nature of Mr. Johnson's 3x/day "treatment"?

56 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

He is the best pure passer we will see all season. He also has weapons at WR. I think their best WR may be back this week for our game (not sure). What hurts them is no defense and no running game. But be sure - they are going to throw it more than any team we will face. 

Archived