Roku - Streaming the Games

MDM4AU

I have a Roku stick that we plug into a TV on the patio for games and fortunately all the Auburn games have been available on the ESPN App. My question is, should Auburn play on CBS is there a Roku channel for that? I have the CBS Sports app for Roku but I couldn't seem to get the UGA/UT game this past weekend.

Just now, MDM4AU said:

I have a Roku stick that we plug into a TV on the patio for games and fortunately all the Auburn games have been available on the ESPN App. My question is, should Auburn play on CBS is there a Roku channel for that? I have the CBS Sports app for Roku but I couldn't seem to get the UGA/UT game this past weekend.

No, there isn't. At least, not that I can find. I bought an HD antenna for our TV so that we can watch local channels. You can buy one off amazon or somewhere like BestBuy/Wal-Mart for <$20.00

I have the CBS All Access app on my Roku 3, which now allows you to stream your local CBS affiliate live. It's a feature they recently added, I believe. This app isn't free but it only costs about $5.99/mo. or so. The only problem is the live TV feature works fine on my phone and Chromebook but not on my Roku. Not sure if it's a Roku or CBS problem. So it may work for you or not, depending on where you live and your local CBS station.

I concur with the others about getting an inexpensive HD antenna. As long as you are not too far from your CBS station it should pick up just fine and in HD.

1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

CBS on occasion streams the game at cbssports.com

Last season I watched a couple on the site

This. You might be able to cast from your PC to you television, too.

3 hours ago, aufan57 said:

CBS on occasion streams the game at cbssports.com

Last season I watched a couple on the site

I watched the FL-TN game at cbssports.com on my phone while sitting at ATL Airport a few weeks ago. So I do believe they still stream their games live on that site.

I exclusively use the Roku for espn/sec games and have an HD antenna for anything that the roku does not stream. It all depends on where you live though. I'm in the Charleston area and the antenna picks up great. 

6 hours ago, MDM4AU said:

I use Spectrum live tv on my Roku and it’s ok. Had an outage on Sunday which lasted all day.

I’m only in range for PBS and TBN according to Barnacles link so I guess antenna is out of the question for me.

I use Roku for all ESPN games as well. I have used cbssports.com several times. It may be different this year. Hopefully not because I’m pretty sure CBS will pick up the uga and/or bama games.  It’s the internet, so there will be options. ?

2 minutes ago, Aubiewood said:

Hulu app on Roku with live TV subscription may be an option? They do one week free trials I believe.  

Don’t think so. Most of the channels like CBS and ABC will probably still be on demand. I checked like a couple months ago.

You gotta' have a wire.  I'm in the process of rebuilding my deck and putting a roof on it.  Spent the last couple of days tearing part of the back of my house off to fish a 25' HDMI cable through the wall so I can watch games out there...don't tell me otherwise.  Just got the lights on this past weekend, still got the railings to go....

thumbnail?appId=YahooMailNeo&pid=2.2

There is a WAY! on ROKU download app USTVNOW and create a FREE acct. you can stream ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC. Now when it goes to commercial it will stop working, but once the commercials are over you can start streaming again

I think there was a CBS game or two last year I could not get on the AppleTV ESPN app with my Sling subscription.  I simply paid the $5.99/mo fee (or similar) for access to content on the CBS app.  It wasn't available love on the CBS Sports app.  I then canceled my subscription after the bama game.

On 10/4/2017 at 11:02 AM, MDM4AU said:

All I just read was "I can now drop my cable subscription!"

10 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

All I just read was "I can now drop my cable subscription!"

Seriously, don't be afraid to do it. Between my Roku and HD antenna I never miss any games I want to watch. Throw in the Fire stick with Kodi and I can watch anything...anything.

2 hours ago, MaxP said:

Seriously, don't be afraid to do it. Between my Roku and HD antenna I never miss any games I want to watch. Throw in the Fire stick with Kodi and I can watch anything...anything.

Fire stick with Kodi (formerly XBMC)?  I'm gonna have to figure that one out...

8 hours ago, MaxP said:

What about about the Pac 12 network?

12 minutes ago, Auskip said:

What about about the Pac 12 network?

It comes with the SlingTV Sports package. There seems to be a channel for each state in the PAC12. 

Archived