what did Cam do?

tigerman1186

Did I miss something concerning Cam and how he is being slammed by the NFL, and others because of his remark about 'routes' from a women reporter'???? I didn't see how he did anything to offend her, he just made a statement. Then on NBC news tonight, a female reporter for US Today, said he better get used to it, because 'we're not going anywhere." It sounds like to me someone got their feelings hurt and can't handle it.  

I think it was poorly worded by him,he should of said repoters instead of saying women. Secondly an abrupt apology would of smoothed it over alot better im guessing. I would like to see what comes of the tweets that she wrote a few years back.

We have become the "United States of the Offended". I get so tired of the speech police. Cam was obviously joking with the reporter but of course, the PC crowd saw a chance to exploit someone famous. :banghead:

Maybe a woman, who spends her adult life being a credible sports reporter doesn't like being dismissed because of her gender. It was a sexist and ridiculous comment by Cam and he should have had the courage to apologize for it himself rather than having his team do it for him. I lost a lot of respect for him.

He did come out and apologize. I felt like it was very sincere and showed that he had actually thought about what he said. Now, he may have been told to apologize, I don't know. But what he said seemed to be coming from him and not something written by some suits somewhere. He has had way too much success very early in his life. He is still learning. I will give him a break because he humbled himself to apologize, and hope it contributes to building his character.

He really didn't do a whole lot wrong. He made a comment that the PC crowd took and ran with since their national anthem protests are running out of steam. Just a bunch of whiners trying to make sure no one is offended. Bear Bryant once asked a woman reporter "well what you know about football, you ever play?" And barely anyone remembers that. If you're gonna condem this, you gotta go back and condem everything else you used to let slide. 

17 minutes ago, shabby said:

Maybe a woman, who spends her adult life being a credible sports reporter doesn't like being dismissed because of her gender. It was a sexist and ridiculous comment by Cam and he should have had the courage to apologize for it himself rather than having his team do it for him. I lost a lot of respect for him.

we found one. 

31 minutes ago, shabby said:

Ah, Come on.

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

Ah, Come on.

Look at what Cam said and replace the word woman with black, jew, gay, and maybe then you'll understand why saying that about a woman is so disrespectful.  the fact that someone has to explain this to you guys.......

Just now, shabby said:

Look at what Cam said and replace the word woman with black, jew, gay, and maybe then you'll understand why saying that about a woman is so disrespectful.  the fact that someone has to explain this to you guys.......

Back to my original comment, Ah, come on.

Cam needs to focus on the good he does in the community and he does do a lot of good. He knows better than this and should learn from this and be the kind of man we know he is capable of being.

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Go put on some big girl panties. Good grief. What does your "you guys" remark mean? Is it any different? As you put it,  I've lost all respect for you. :ucrazy:

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just apologize and move on . No need to give it anymore attention .

Surely you are kidding.  

Folks gonna be piling on at least through the game on Sunday...and then maybe something else will become the issue next week.  Anything to get public attention off of the National Anthem protests is good for the NFL with it's selective morality standards.

He shouldn't have said it, but as always, the level of bullshart outrage this has caused makes me not give a crap what he said. Maybe some of these people will get pissed and set themselves on fire like the good ol days. Let the cable cutting continue: baseball, football, and nascar in the near future won't be able to retain enough subscribers to float these $150 a month providers. I look for a major correction here, maybe even in our household soon.

- We're gonna "truck stick" ole miss saturday. War Eagle.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Surely you are kidding.  

Folks gonna be piling on at least through the game on Sunday...and then maybe something else will become the issue next week.  Anything to get public attention off of the National Anthem protests is good for the NFL with it's selective morality standards.

No I am not ...and don’t call me Shirley 

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

Did I miss something concerning Cam and how he is being slammed by the NFL, and others because of his remark about 'routes' from a women reporter'???? I didn't see how he did anything to offend her, he just made a statement. Then on NBC news tonight, a female reporter for US Today, said he better get used to it, because 'we're not going anywhere." It sounds like to me someone got their feelings hurt and can't handle it.  

I think Cam....

15tiwi.jpg

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

It's the double standard at work....media can say or imply anything they want  ...supporting facts optional...about a celebrity like Cam without remorse or need for apology.  If you read any of the stuff on the internet sports sites, some folks dusted off the old innuendoes about how Cam got to Auburn...just to throw another log on the fire. .

My answer is this...The bizarre, contemporanous, apocalyptic statements from those in the public eye, shows a stylized phraseology of ancient conceptual imagery. In other words, people are so thin skinned now days, one cannot say anything without offence. It aint like it used to be.:nopityA:

13 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

My answer is this...The bizarre, contemporanous, apocalyptic statements from those in the public eye, shows a stylized phraseology of ancient conceptual imagery. In other words, people are so thin skinned now days, one cannot say anything without offence. It aint like it used to be.:nopityA:

Be careful about using thin skinned as an adjective. As people age their skin actually does get thinner so you may have just insulted the majority of the Greatest Generation. :-\

Just now, gr82be said:

Be careful about using thin skinned as an adjective. As people age their skin actually does get thinner so you may have just insulted the majority of the Greatest Generation. :-\

Shall I say, shallow epidermis? :dunno:

1 hour ago, shabby said:

I am offended that you called me a "guy". That is not gender neutral. LOL JUST KIDDING.

Archived