***Auburn vs. Ole Miss -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, AUIH1 said:

But you are daft if you are satisfied with AU being behind our two biggest rivals in the SEC.

wde

I’m not.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garbage yards and points.  Im hoping this is Auburn backups playing.  It appears auburn is playing it safe, im hoping to avoid injuries 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Lol if you honestly believe Auburn isn’t top 3 in the SEC you’re just daft.

Top 4 are BAMA UGA then AU and A&M. A&M could be debatable with us. We're both 4-1 and have similar schedules. We both lost to our P-5 opponent and struggled with FCS teams.

D took the 2nd half off.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I’m not.

Fair enough.  That is where we are though.  And UGA is only getting better from here on out.

wde

amazing first half then an amazing let down. oh well. here's hoping for 4 full quarters of play in each of the upcoming games

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

Ok even with it being a lopsided score, I will say that I am disappointed with the team's performance in the second half.

yeah good thing it wasn't 0-0 like Gus said huh?

9 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I like where your head is at. Maybe we should complain about this instead of the third straight SEC game we've scored 40+ points in.

I would prefer our foot was still on the gas, but we're leaving with a win.  Sad though the only thing left in the crowd is a pretty KD who fielded that field goal.  

It is what it is.  Finish up and get ready for Coach O.  

This is who Gus is. No killer instinct. He does not step on the throat. No touchdowns in the second half is inexcusable. If you are going to have stidham in there at least run the real offense then sit him. It is like he thought we could just run down their throat and they would give up and we would score easily.

1 minute ago, hutchids said:

Top 4 are BAMA UGA then AU and A&M. A&M could be debatable with us. We're both 4-1 and have similar schedules. We both lost to our P-5 opponent and struggled with FCS teams.

Except for we lost to Clemson and they lost to UCLA.

We played sluggish but well in the first half but completely quit in the second half. It is an excellent win but indicative of Malzahn that he can't instill a killer attitude or maybe he just doesn't have that attitude. Why do we worry about running clock and not just running the offense. Is there concern if we score too much we will hurt their feelings?

It doesn't look like too many of us are happy with AU's performance in the 2nd half. I'm certainly not. I realize AU had a big lead at half, but for some reason either the team or coaches or both eased up on the gas pedal this half. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’m not.

Me either, but then again, I understand SEC football. It will be mano y mano and the most talented team wins 8 of 10. IIWII.

Archived