FINAL: Auburn 44 Ole Miss 23

RunInRed

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Like people who are sunshine pumpers get on us and think it is just us hating on gus no matter what. Look we WANT to believe in Gus. He has assembled a really talented team. I just do not trust the guy and I am not alone. Especially in big games. He trys to out trick you when this is not high school or some low level college. We are frickin Auburn man! We can line up and beat teams. We just want what is best for Auburn. Period. 

Totally agree brother Gus just can't help being Gus

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Like people who are sunshine pumpers get on us and think it is just us hating on gus no matter what. Look we WANT to believe in Gus. He has assembled a really talented team. I just do not trust the guy and I am not alone. Especially in big games. He trys to out trick you when this is not high school or some low level college. We are frickin Auburn man! We can line up and beat teams. We just want what is best for Auburn. Period. 

Just got to start playing for 60 minutes now. Confidence is there. Time to play complete games now. The offense looked great in the first half

Pretty appalling defensive effort to allow Ole Miss to have 429 total yards of offense and 360+ through the air. Must have been that complacency factor people like to talk about. I totally expected the offense to shut it down in the second half because That's been Malzahn's MO since he got here. I think it's cute that people here still think Chip is running the offense.

So...Ole Miss eating up the field and making a game of it, our offense sputtering in the 2nd half, and people care more about getting the backup QB reps than making sure we win the game.

So, basically, just another Saturday with the AU Family.  This wasn't even ugly...this was a very good SEC win. I'm convinced some of you just enjoy being miserable.

So are we going to attribute the defense's performance to the 11 am slot?..the offense showed up in the first half at least. I'm really interested to see how LSU plays today now that Guice is back. Gosh almighty...that seemed like one of the longest games ever. Disappointed that now that our standing in the defensive ranks will suffer but I'm not jumping ship on them. Being upset about a blowout win should not be happening man...We don't need to fall into what seems to be the inevitable hole that we get ourselves into so often. Man what a 100% healthy bubba would do for this team.

Just now, Auctoritas said:

So...Ole Miss eating up the field and making a game of it, our offense sputtering in the 2nd half, and people care more about getting the backup QB reps than making sure we win the game.

So, basically, just another Saturday with the AU Family.  This wasn't even ugly...this was a very good SEC win. I'm convinced some of you just enjoy being miserable.

The game was won in the first half guy..come on now. More about continued cohesiveness. No need to risk JS getting hurt if you are just going to sit on the ball as well.

1 minute ago, AU04ever said:

My mistake, didn't have the audio on that play., but I assume you ment 4th and 19 or it's worse punting on 3d.

Yeah, 4th

Also - you can't on one hand want us to use these games as practice and work on things, and on the other get mad when we leave the starting QB in and work on our offense. Some of you are ridiculous.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Just got to start playing for 60 minutes now. Confidence is there. Time to play complete games now. The offense looked great in the first half

It is a horrible feeling going in to our own personal house of horrors which is Red Stick and not scoring a td in the second half. IF we scored on that last drive of the first half like we should and THEN went tubbershell I would feel a lot better. I will admit however for stylistic purposes this was our toughest matchup all year with how much they love to tote the rock. Lack of Pass rush is concerning. Last week we were so close so many times but only got him on the ground once. We were RIGHT there though. This game we could not materialize hardly any pressure. That is concerning.

Just now, DAG said:

The game was won in the first half guy..come on now. More about continued cohesiveness. No need to risk JS getting hurt if you are just going to sit on the ball as well.

Then why did we play the second half? Seems like Ole Miss was eating our lunch, so bringing in the backups is a terrible coaching decision.

The second half was difficult to watch, but it was because of execution and having heads in the game, and bringing in the second string to "practice" isn't going to help that. In fact, it would likely hurt.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thank you. This game was over at 35 3 and we got conservative. Why show anything else the gane was over. I remind you we are still missing a VERY good SEC rb.

6 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Also - you can't on one hand want us to use these games as practice and work on things, and on the other get mad when we leave the starting QB in and work on our offense. Some of you are ridiculous.

if we actually worked on the offense I would be more than happy what I saw in the second half was more of Gus meddling. Can you tell me how many times we threw the ball down the field in the second half? If you think that that was working on the offense I just don't know what to say.  besides, you would think we had the handoff up the gut perfected by now.

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Totally agree brother Gus just can't help being Gus

You could tell in his postgame interview with Cole that he knew fans would be upset with the second half and he was trying to rationalize it for everyone saying O we were just trying to run out the clock. That is his mindset. I hate that. 

Just now, Auctoritas said:

Then why did we play the second half? Seems like Ole Miss was eating our lunch, so bringing in the backups is a terrible coaching decision.

The second half was difficult to watch, but it was because of execution and having heads in the game, and bringing in the second string to "practice" isn't going to help that. In fact, it would likely hurt.

Because football is a 4 quarter game and we are obligated. You are 0-2 now. No, playing conservatively when another team is playing all out will get you hurt. I have to question some of you guys critical thinking skills. You think having JS hand the ball off over and over again was the same type of offense being called in the first half? It was clear as day we went vanilla. 

First team looked great.  Would have liked to have seen a little more aggressiveness coming out of the half, but all in, no concerns.  Got a lot of young guys some extended playing time and the game wasn't in doubt half-way through the second quarter.  No concerns from me.  On to Red Stick with cigars at the ready.

There was definitely something different about the play calling the second half. Whether it was meddling or letting off the gas, neither one is acceptable IMO. One is a wasted opportunity; the other will get you beat every time now. Having said that, the first half was a blast to watch and it feels good to keep winning.

5 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

he was given a series or two and coach burned his 2 minutes, just like last year. and now our qb2 still has no experience. go ahead pumper lets argue about it. 

Archived