FINAL: Auburn 44 Ole Miss 23

RunInRed

6 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

So...Ole Miss eating up the field and making a game of it, our offense sputtering in the 2nd half, and people care more about getting the backup QB reps than making sure we win the game.

So, basically, just another Saturday with the AU Family.  This wasn't even ugly...this was a very good SEC win. I'm convinced some of you just enjoy being miserable.

NO we have more potential than any team in the country honestly with our talent besides Bama and clemson. We want to play like it for 4 quarters. It all starts with the head coaches mindset. We were sloppy on defense all day. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know but I had fun at the game. Definitely not happy with our pass defense and our continued insistence on running up the middle after a big gain lol.

10 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

So...Ole Miss eating up the field and making a game of it, our offense sputtering in the 2nd half, and people care more about getting the backup QB reps than making sure we win the game.

So, basically, just another Saturday with the AU Family.  This wasn't even ugly...this was a very good SEC win. I'm convinced some of you just enjoy being miserable.

Well, the did beat those juggernauts UT Martin and that powerhouse South Alabam that nobody talks about because they don't play in the SEC. But let's not act like they didn't lose to Alabama 66-3 in a game where the Crimison Tide's back ups dominated the Rebel's starters.

Just now, jAUSon said:

he was given a series or two and coach burned his 2 minutes, just like last year. and now our qb2 still has no experience. go ahead pumper lets argue about it. 

you call it misery. I say great game, but want coach to figure out how to not get curb stomped by uga again. these crap games in the middle is where these pump at all costs crowd gets mad at those if us are watching the tendencies as closely as the score board. and each year- which side gets proven correct?

And btw, Fans saying we want to see a complete game does not diminish our happiness with a victory. I hate that I have to say this, but some of you cannot distinguish between the two

4 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Clemson only won 28-14! Fire dabo?

They crush the real teams that are ranked this year like the last 2 weeks with Louisville and Va Tech. Dabo has the benefit of the doubt. He knows how to coach and win big games.

People harping on the pass D today need to remember, this is the fastest paced offense besides A&M that we will face the rest of the year.  And Ole Miss hasn't been going this fast until today.  Announcers flat said that they simplified some things in order to speed up.  And yet we still only gave up 3 points with the first team defense in the first half.  Criticize when it's due, but there's not much here to worry about.  We won convincingly, as we should have.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Like people who are sunshine pumpers get on us and think it is just us hating on gus no matter what. Look we WANT to believe in Gus. He has assembled a really talented team. I just do not trust the guy and I am not alone. Especially in big games. He trys to out trick you when this is not high school or some low level college. We are frickin Auburn man! We can line up and beat teams. We just want what is best for Auburn. Period. 

To be totally honest, it is not simply the sunshine pumpers. If you pay attention, you would know that. Just keeping it real bro. Carry on.

3 minutes ago, War Knight said:

I don't know but I had fun at the game. Definitely not happy with our pass defense and our continued insistence on running up the middle after a big gain lol.

I thought that would stop with Chip. I guess Gus still wants to have some level of control lol. I really hope that is just setting something up for a big play action against the good teams.

20 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

Game can be summarized by 9 pts in the2d half while an inept team score 13 and declining a penalty that would have given a 1st down.

Which penalty?

Also, remember most of us predicted and expected us to be at this position at this point of the season.  Now the fun really begins. 

The game went about how I expected. we won by 3tds. I thought they would make our D look silly and score more that 14. We played a lot of backups in the second half and we lost our starting guard. 

Time to move on to a place we have  not won at in almost 20 years. I will take a 1 pt win next week. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

People harping on the pass D today need to remember, this is the fastest paced offense besides A&M that we will face the rest of the year.  And Ole Miss hasn't been going this fast until today.  Announcers flat said that they simplified some things in order to speed up.  And yet we still only gave up 3 points with the first team defense in the first half.  Criticize when it's due, but there's not much here to worry about.  We won convincingly, as we should have.

The pass D got ate up in the middle of the field. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I bet some of you folks, a lot of you are single? 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually thought the defense played fairly well. Problem was, the Ole Miss offense had the ball the entire second half, because Gustave decided to shut it down with four minutes left in the first half.

Kj ran great , stidham missed a few, but he did well . Glad no serious injuries at least that I know of . Glad pettway never played. Would love to have him full speed for LSU . 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Which penalty?

Couldn't hear the final call. Thought it was roughing the kicker but turned out to be runrunning into. Right call just COX cable going in and out.

1 minute ago, AU04ever said:

The pass D got ate up in the middle of the field. 

And you missed the point of my post.  LSU, Arkansas, UGA, and Bama play at a slower pace, which allows for us to match up.  Ole Miss wasn't allowing that to happen and it looked like we were confused at times in the first half.  OM was moving at a very quick pace in the two quarters.  End of the day, the first team only gave up 3 freaking points.  I'm not remotely concerned.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I actually thought the defense played fairly well. Problem was, the Ole Miss offense had the ball the entire second half, because Gustave decided to shut it down with four minutes left in the first half.

Eh, 2nd half was all about back-ups.  Chalk it up to a learning experience for those kids and move on.

13 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

he was given a series or two and coach burned his 2 minutes, just like last year. and now our qb2 still has no experience. go ahead pumper lets argue about it. 

Sorry dude, that sounded like a dog bark.

2 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Female student catching a Carlson FG

Cam should take this opportunity to comment, in a positive way, how ausome females at Auburn University can catch.

12 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Well, the did beat those juggernauts UT Martin and that powerhouse South Alabam that nobody talks about because they don't play in the SEC. But let's not act like they didn't lose to Alabama 66-3 in a game where the Crimison Tide's back ups dominated the Rebel's starters.

So bama has better talent than us. I am shocked!

15 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Clemson only won 28-14! Fire dabo?

Why? Did he play an injured quarterback? Did he run the whirlybird or the three quarterback Monty? 

Archived