Null



RunInRed

FINAL: Auburn 44 Ole Miss 23

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

And btw, Fans saying we want to see a complete game does not diminish our happiness with a victory. I hate that I have to say this, but some of you cannot distinguish between the two

;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




7 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

 

I actually thought the defense played fairly well. Problem was, the Ole Miss offense had the ball the entire second half, because Gustave decided to shut it down with four minutes left in the first half.

Great point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

So bama has better talent than us. I am shocked!

Yeah, maybe it's just me (and I'm guessing you too), but what Bama did vs Ole Miss and what we did doesn't make a bit of difference.  We play Bama and will find out who the better team is after Thanksgiving.  Just worry about AU and let the cousin lovers in West Vance do their own thing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AUFAN78 said:

So bama has better talent than us. I am shocked!

Does California have more talent than us too?

Alabama has more Talent? Not by much. Let's not act that Auburn isn't a perennial top 10 recruiting team. Coaching staffs are worlds apart though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

 

I actually thought the defense played fairly well. Problem was, the Ole Miss offense had the ball the entire second half, because Gustave decided to shut it down with four minutes left in the first half.

the results the defense had were Ok. the effort ( even in the 1st half)did not match what i have seen previously. i credit the 11:00 start. not doom and gloom at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quit your whining.  Auburn won.  And won big.  The game was never in doubt. Quit trying to compare this game to a game that has not happened yet.  Auburn did what they were supposed to in this game.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

NO we have more potential than any team in the country honestly with our talent besides Bama and clemson. We want to play like it for 4 quarters. It all starts with the head coaches mindset. We were sloppy on defense all day. 

And Georgia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DAG said:

And btw, Fans saying we want to see a complete game does not diminish our happiness with a victory. I hate that I have to say this, but some of you cannot distinguish between the two

Amen.

wde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

And Georgia

I personally think we have more talent than georgia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our D started to regress last season against Ole Miss.  I hope that doesn't continue this season.  One positive is that our O (when Gus is not involved) seems to be getting better.

wde

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Does California have more talent than us too?

Alabama has more Talent? Not by much. Let's not act that Auburn isn't a perennial top 10 recruiting team. Coaching staffs are worlds apart though.

California? Great point. :dunno:

Whether you want to admit or not matters little to me. Our overall talent isn't comparable to bama's. 

Yes, they have a better coaching staff (coach) than all of college football. And?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw that AU won the first half and OM won the second.....and all this time I thought it only mattered who was ahead at the end of the game. :dunno:     

Funny thing though is that so many people want to see the coaches playing the subs and.....they then get upset when the subs aren't as good as the starters.

Anyway.....a very good win,....did what the team was supposed to do ......and only an AU crowd can be unhappy with  a 21 point win over an SEC rival.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Clemson only won 28-14! Fire dabo😬

Dabo owns our ass and has played in the last two National Championship games, winning the last one.  Do you have a point?

wde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Saw that AU won the first half and OM won the second.....and all this time I thought it only mattered who was ahead at the end of the game. :dunno:     

Funny thing though is that so many people want to see the coaches playing the subs and.....they then get upset when the subs aren't as good as the starters.

Anyway.....a very good win,....did what the team was supposed to do ......and only an AU crowd can be unhappy with  a 21 point win over an SEC rival.

And btw, Fans saying we want to see a complete game does not diminish our happiness with a victory. I hate that I have to say this, but some of you cannot distinguish between the two

Credit to DAG

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I personally think we have more talent than georgia.

I don't. We'll see. It will be mano y mano. Lets see who wants it more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t get to watch much of the game but looks like we decided to go tubershell in the second half. Anyways a 21 point win against any sec team is always nice. War Eagle time for breaking the streak in Baton Rouge!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I personally think we have more talent than georgia.

Debatable. DL-even, OL edge to UGA, WR- Auburn,  DB's- even, RB's UGA, QB- slight edge Auburn, LB's - slight edge GA. I give GA the edge here because I am still not convinced by our pass rush. Coaching edge to UGA until Gus proves that he can win against a top 5 team without Nick Marshal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the 2nd half was not fun to watch, but we could have won 65 - 3 and some of you bitches would have melted.  If you are so worried about that team and what they are doing, then go to the other side...if you are not already there.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Debatable. DL-even, OL edge to UGA, WR- Auburn,  DB's- even, RB's UGA, QB- slight edge Auburn, LB's - slight edge GA. I give GA the edge here because I am still not convinced by our pass rush. Coaching edge to UGA until Gus proves that he can win against a top 5 team without Nick Marshal. 

We have as much talent as UGA.  The difference has been coaching since 2006.  UGA has just wanted it more and it has shown.  Tubs wet the bed against UGA after 2005. Chizik and Gus have continued the trend.  Gus has had the luxury of coaching against some of the most average UGA teams in memory, but only has a miracle play after blowing a 20 point lead to hang his hat on beating them one time.

wde

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty disgusting second half...defense looked like premier break dont bend in the first half, so that's whatever. Alot of short time injuries were achieved even though we were supposedly running twos early. If the first half (before that awful wildcat play call late) was the perfect half of Auburn football, the second half was the exact opposite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

We have as much talent as UGA.  The difference has been coaching since 2006.  UGA has just wanted it more and it has shown.  Tubs wet the bed against UGA after 2005. Chizik and Gus have continued the trend.  Gus has had the luxury of coaching against some of the most average UGA teams in memory, but only has a miracle play after blowing a 20 point lead to hang his hat on beating them one time.

wde

Yeah I stand by my assessment I think it's fairly even some edges to Auburn  some edges to Georgia. And, I agree with you about Gus he has crapped the bed against every major opponent we've faced since the 2013 Iron Bowl. Starting with blowing a 21 to 3 lead against Florida State.

 

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

 Why? Did he play an injured quarterback? Did he run the whirlybird or the three quarterback Monty? 

 

I was being sarcastic. Guess I need to take emoji 101

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah I stand by my assessment I think it's fairly even some edges to Auburn  some edges to Georgia. And, I agree with you about Gus he has crapped the bed against every major opponent we've faced since the 2013 Iron Bowl.

 

Fair assessment although I think Georgia is a more complete team at present.

Hard to argue the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Always4Auburn said:

I agree the 2nd half was not fun to watch, but we could have won 65 - 3 and some of you bitches would have melted.  If you are so worried about that team and what they are doing, then go to the other side...if you are not already there.

Who b****** huh?Now you got me scared dude. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep tonight that you were upset because we're not pumping Sunshine constantly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

And btw, Fans saying we want to see a complete game does not diminish our happiness with a victory. I hate that I have to say this, but some of you cannot distinguish between the two

Credit to DAG

Sorry but I think you are wrong.......play in the second half seemed to diminish the enjoyment of a great many people.on this site. who spent most of an hour complaining about one thing or another.

 

But is sure was fun to see Oklahoma go down today....

 

Edited by AU64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now