FINAL: Auburn 44 Ole Miss 23

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Who b****** huh?Now you got me scared dude. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep tonight that you were upset because we're not pumping Sunshine constantly.

Who is trying to scare you DA?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Debatable. DL-even, OL edge to UGA, WR- Auburn,  DB's- even, RB's UGA, QB- slight edge Auburn, LB's - slight edge GA. I give GA the edge here because I am still not convinced by our pass rush. Coaching edge to UGA until Gus proves that he can win against a top 5 team without Nick Marshal. 

Our pass rush looked servicable against banged up Fitzgerald, but it took up until the late 4th to get a sack against Missouri, and Pattersen pretty much found time to throw almost every play. Some of that was him, but alot of it looked to be they just held us at bay. Pass rush simply seems like its peaked since that Clemson game (Im not even factoring in the Mercer game because why would I) 

Just now, AU64 said:

Sorry but I think you are wrong.......play in the second half seemed to diminish the enjoyment of a great many people.on this site. who spent most of an hour complaining about one thing or another.

The total lack luster play in the 2nd half did diminish the enjoyment of the game because we did not play a complete game and it was typical of a Gus coached team.  We are going to have to play a complete game to beat UGA or keep it close against spuat.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

The total lack luster play in the 2nd half did diminish the enjoyment of the game because we did not play a complete game and it was typical of a Gus coached team.  We are going to have to play a complete game to beat UGA or keep it close against spuat.

wde

Not arguing that....just noting that AU played lots of players today and not gonna complain about the outcome with a 21 point win.     

Also UGa gonna have to play a complete game to beat AU....don't you think?    So let's just play that game when the dawgs show up in Auburn and not be projecting things forward.

I think this type of game lends itself to the next week's film breakdown and preparation. On the one hand, they can point to the fast start and much of the 2nd half and say "This is how good you can be when you play with intensity and execute."

Then, they can point to much of the rest of the game and challenge the players to play every down for 60 minutes.

I also think it sets up well to reinforce that mentality as we head into the next 3 weeks.

WDE! 

13 minutes ago, Always4Auburn said:

Who is trying to scare you DA?

you like throwing out words like b****** and DA don't you there bud?  Easy to do behind the computer screen I guess. 

On the radio coming out of the half they asked Gus what he said to them team and he said they had to pretend the game was 0 - 0 and to come out and play like their hair was on fire. Ole Miss, a team with nothing to play for, played that way and Auburn quit. The offensive game plan in the second half was obviously to run clock and get the game over with. Why say you want to keep playing hard and then send a very obvious message to the contrary. Why not just continue running the offense? Why not put in backups and let them run the offense and get good experience against an SEC defense? That lack of a killer attitude is I think Malzahn's biggest issue.

Meanwhile...don't recall Coe being a nuisance on pass rush.....did he play much or just not get to the QB?

6 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

I think this type of game lends itself to the next week's film breakdown and preparation. On the one hand, they can point to the fast start and much of the 2nd half and say "This is how good you can be when you play with intensity and execute."

Then, they can point to much of the rest of the game and challenge the players to play every down for 60 minutes.

I also think it sets up well to reinforce that mentality as we head into the next 3 weeks.

WDE! 

Agreed^^^ 

No one is pleased with the second half, but one thing we can't allow is complacency while in the weak part of the schedule. The second half can be used as a motivational tool. Let's hope it works. If we can play the big games like we played the first half, it's a toss up between us, UGA and bama. Could get very interesting. If we don't learn from the second half, LSU looks like a tough one. 

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Agreed^^^ 

No one is pleased with the second half, but one thing we can't allow is complacency while in the weak part of the schedule. The second half can be used as a motivational tool. Let's hope it works. If we can play the big games like we played the first half, it's a toss up between us, UGA and bama. Could get very interesting. If we don't learn from the second half, LSU looks like a tough one. 

I think that's the case.....period....and nothing to do with the 2nd half today.   

Of course it's easier to get "up" for a game when the score is actually 0-0 instead of hearing a coach try to tell you that it's 0-0 when the scoreboard shows a 5 TD lead.  

Gus can talk all he wants to about it being a new game in the 2nd half.......but these are college guys and they know that 35 is a lot more points than 3.   :)

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not arguing that....just noting that AU played lots of players today and not gonna complain about the outcome with a 21 point win.     

Also UGa gonna have to play a complete game to beat AU....don't you think?    So let's just play that game when the dawgs show up in Auburn and not be projecting things forward.

I agree.  But UGA has been pretty much playing complete games and getting better with each game and each half for the most part.  We regressed in the second half today on both sides of the ball.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I agree.  But UGA has been pretty much playing complete games and getting better with each game and each half for the most part.  We regressed in the second half today on both sides of the ball.

wde

Take a look at the participation list for AU.....what regressed in the 2nd half was the talent of the guys on the field....a  good chance for them to play against a top QB....with some good WRs.....but I don't think many of them will be out there in a close game. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Take a look at the participation list for AU.....what regressed in the 2nd half was the talent of the guys on the field....a  good chance for them to play against a top QB....with some good WRs.....but I don't think many of them will be out there in a close game. 

I saw Stidham, KJ and the starting O play into the 4th quarter.  

wde

8 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I saw Stidham, KJ and the starting O play into the 4th quarter.  

wde

Who was on the O line?   But I agree JS did not look sharp in the 2nd half....passing not as crisp and the holes that KJ exploited in the first half were not there.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Who was on the O line?   But I agree JS did not look sharp in the 2nd half....passing not as crisp and the holes that KJ exploited in the first half were not there.

HINT: It was not the starting five.

After decompressing and cooling off I can forgive the second half BUT I still cannot get over the last drive of the first half. That wildcat play on 2nd and 5 just drives me nuts. I cannot get over it lol we should of gone in to make it 42-3 and been the cherry on top of a great day. The offense was off after that. The down and distance plus where we were on the field did not dictate us to go wildcat. I just do not get it. I get being all gimmicky when you do not have a good QB. We have stidham. No need for over reliance on the wildcat.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

After decompressing and cooling off I can forgive the second half BUT I still cannot get over the last drive of the first half. That wildcat play on 2nd and 5 just drives me nuts. I cannot get over it lol we should of gone in to make it 42-3 and been the cherry on top of a great day. The offense was off after that. The down and distance plus where we were on the field did not dictate us to go wildcat. I just do not get it. I get being all gimmicky when you do not have a good QB. We have stidham. No need for over reliance on the wildcat.

We had run the exact play on first down earlier in the 2nd quarter. When Martin went in motion the defense knew the play. So darn frustrating.

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

congratulations to Carlson!!! His accomplishment probably deserves it’s on thread!!!

He has gotten his own thread for his incredibleness.

3 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

We had run the exact play on first down earlier in the 2nd quarter. When Martin went in motion the defense knew the play. So darn frustrating.

YES! it worked for a big gain!!! the defense even one as bad as ole miss was not going to bite on that one again.

Archived