FINAL: Auburn 44 Ole Miss 23

RunInRed

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lsu game just got tougher next week. I really think if they lost this one they would of quit on coach O now the opposite will happen. They will be fired up.

And they got Mojo from beating UF

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

A good bit of those were from the wildcat, no?  Interesting

True......but we don't want to count those do we?  

So Gus said at the half that they needed to play with intensity and the score was 0-0.

Auburn did neither, so either Gus lied or the team quit playing. Coaches should not be happy at all for only playing 30 minutes

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

First, it's trivial but Ole Miss did not score a field goal in the second half, check your math. Second, it's muster, not mustard and last, every team gets up for every game every week and sometimes it's sustained throughout the game and sometimes it's not. The only time to compare Auburn to Alabama is during the Iron Bowl. Every other week it's meaningless. They are a juggernaut. It would be nice to have won 60-0 but good grief, Auburn won 44-23. If the defense is going to have a let down then at least it was a game that we still won comfortably. Maybe the players lost some focus. Nah, just blame the coach for everything. It's seems like it's not enough for Auburn to win, now some people don't like how they win. If we're (me included) going to demand Gus wins 10 games minimum then freaking let him do it and quit complaining about how he went about it. 

There's some on here that would rather lose so we can get rid of Gus, than to go undefeated the rest of the way and win the National Championship (and yes I am being serious).

13 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

There's some on here that would rather lose so we can get rid of Gus, than to go undefeated the rest of the way and win the National Championship (and yes I am being serious).

Yep that happens from time to time.....Texas, Tennessee, LSU and here too  I guess.  Sewing discord and not giving coaches credit for any team successes and creating division among alums and supporters.   

As suggested above, it's no longer necessary for AU to win.....in the eyes of some folks it must be done a certain way, or with a certain margin of victory. Guess we are going to have to live with this stuff because some are just fanatical about it and are not going to let up any time soon.

I stopped watching the game with about 5 minutes in 1st half and just finished watching the game ... OMG!!!!

i predicted in the first half that gus would screw this big lead up and sure enough ... he did.

could have been 42-3 at half except we took out killer instinct and stuffed it in our sock.

we are not good enough, healthy enough or deep enough to waste these opportunities.  Imagine how much more healthy KJ and KP could be.  

Imagine how much good experience Malik would have if we let him run the offense with the first team OL.  He’d have a games worth of experience.  Tonight they didn’t even let him run the read.  The QB keep was the right read a bunch of times and malik could have housed it but they didn’t let him.

so we have a backup q.b with not enough experience.  Our 2 best RB’s less healthy than they could be and other backup skill guys not getting real opportunities with the ball.

the D just simply mailed it in with 5 minutes to go in the first half.  The played solid during specific moments in second half but the backups will stay backups (and deservingly so) if they don’t grow a pair.

ultimately Gus allowed our team to lose intensity and shafted our meaningful backups of quality experience.

3 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Your post may be met with a chili reception. Sure, they only mustard 3 points. But don't relish in that stat. They got behind and were playing ketchup all game. They mayo may not have given up by the 2nd quarter in that game. 

You win. 

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

They were really in a pickle being down that much at the half. Lettuce consider that Auburn probably did let up a bit in the second half. 

You also win. 

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep that happens from time to time.....Texas, Tennessee, LSU and here too  I guess.  Sewing discord and not giving coaches credit for any team successes and creating division among alums and supporters.   

As suggested above, it's no longer necessary for AU to win.....in the eyes of some folks it must be done a certain way, or with a certain margin of victory. Guess we are going to have to live with this stuff because some are just fanatical about it and are not going to let up any time soon.

Eek. It’s a good thing this isn’t 2013 or even, 2010 (if I recall correctly)? We had some nailbiters for sure. 

One game at a time. 

And one request...we do not have another home game until uga. They have been traveling very well. If AU ticket holders could not sell any tickets to uga or Bama fans, I would appreciate it. ? if you do have to sell, know your buyer and what team they will be pulling for. Haha. 

Watched the game on TV. Would love to hear from Big Bird and others. The defense looked like they were not getting calls from the sideline in time. Many times the defense looked as though they did not have call when they needed it. It happened a ton. 

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I stopped watching the game with about 5 minutes in 1st half and just finished watching the game ... OMG!!!!

i predicted in the first half that gus would screw this big lead up and sure enough ... he did.

could have been 42-3 at half except we took out killer instinct and stuffed it in our sock.

we are not good enough, healthy enough or deep enough to waste these opportunities.  Imagine how much more healthy KJ and KP could be.  

Imagine how much good experience Malik would have if we let him run the offense with the first team OL.  He’d have a games worth of experience.  Tonight they didn’t even let him run the read.  The QB keep was the right read a bunch of times and malik could have housed it but they didn’t let him.

so we have a backup q.b with not enough experience.  Our 2 best RB’s less healthy than they could be and other backup skill guys not getting real opportunities with the ball.

the D just simply mailed it in with 5 minutes to go in the first half.  The played solid during specific moments in second half but the backups will stay backups (and deservingly so) if they don’t grow a pair.

ultimately Gus allowed our team to lose intensity and shafted our meaningful backups of quality experience.

Not letting Malik run more plays was puzzling.  But hey, 77 players took snaps, so there is that. ;D

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

What's the best stitch for discord?

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Not letting Malik run more plays was puzzling.  But hey, 77 players took snaps, so there is that. ;D

Exactly.  77 players took snaps.  By plan because of the halftime score.  Now everyone in their right mind is freaking out. 

Players don't play if they're not ready.  It's as simple as that.  I saw on Rivals there was a poll, by JGT I think, labeled "If you could, would you fire Gus Malzahn today?"  Ridiculous.    

Anyways, ask just about every other SEC fanbase aside from AU, UA, UGA how they feel.   

2 hours ago, vatz22au said:

"If you could, would you fire Gus Malzahn today?"  Ridiculous.    

I wouldn't...but this season isn't over yet and if he ends up with his typical 5 losses and 2 of those are uga and uat then its time.   Gus hasn't proven anything by beating up on Mizzou, Msu and OM.  

To make my point further....

All-time record AU vs. MSU  63-26 Auburn

AU vs. OM  31-11 Auburn

We've only played Mizzou 3 times but thats not a program we should be losing to ever.  

Bottom line is we are beating teams we SHOULD beat every single year and mostly we always have.  Any decent coach can come to Auburn and amass the record Gus has and beat up on the traditional bottom feeders of the SEC.  We need a coach to take the next step much like Clemson has.  Maybe that will be Gus, maybe it won't.  But he is running out of time to prove its going to be him.  He doesn't have to win them all or win nattys all the time, but he does have to keep the uga and uat series competitive.  Over a 6  year span I would take 2-4 against the tide ( as long as saban is there, once he leaves we need to be no worse than 3-3).  And I would happily take 3-3 over uga.  Is that really asking too much? 

13 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

That may or may not be true, but I think the more likely case is that people perceive some coaching decisions in this game (and others in the past) to be flawed and are concerned that similar coaching decisions in the future against stiffer competition will result in an Auburn loss. 

The score to this game could have and should have been a lot closer. Dinson in the first half looked awful. He missed several tackles and got beat on a play that should have gone for a touchdown. Very disappointed in our defense this game. I don’t see much of a threat from LSU or Arkansas in the coming weeks, but TAMU is definitely a major threat to us. 

21 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

For any one who has it recorded, go to where they showed Mushchamp off the Bus and see if u can understand what Chiz says. He didn't know he was being heard. Sounds like he says, beat their Ass twice and he was out of there. 

Has nobody checked this out yet? I don't have it recorded. I wondered if he was talking about AU or if he was talking about Mushchamp. I know someone has it recorded and can go listen closely. 

8 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Has nobody checked this out yet? I don't have it recorded. I wondered if he was talking about AU or if he was talking about Mushchamp. I know someone has it recorded and can go listen closely. 

Im lost, what are you talking about? 

26 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Im lost, what are you talking about? 

During the game, when they cut to Mushchamp, u could hear Chiz talking. It was very low but I was listening closely and it sounds like he makes a comment about AU or Mushchamp. I just couldn't go back and listen. 

10 hours ago, vatz22au said:

Exactly.  77 players took snaps.  By plan because of the halftime score.  Now everyone in their right mind is freaking out. 

Players don't play if they're not ready.  It's as simple as that.  I saw on Rivals there was a poll, by JGT I think, labeled "If you could, would you fire Gus Malzahn today?"  Ridiculous.    

Anyways, ask just about every other SEC fanbase aside from AU, UA, UGA how they feel.   

I don’t care about the other fans. I’m not talking about firing Gus regardless if JGT is throwing clickbait out there.

our coach has hosed up the last 2 seasons (or more) of getting guys real, useful experience. They could trot me out there for a meaningless snap ... it doesn’t make the team better.  Malik did not get better yesterday as much as he could have.  We should have been up by more and Malik should be throwing the dang ball.  I want Auburn’s boot on the neck of the other team and our backups ripping their throats out by destroying the other team.

gus should have gathered up the first through third string D in the second half and been obliterating them on national television due to their meek and uninspired play.

the above is how a team gets better if we want to be a top 4 team.

Archived