Softball Has First Fall Scrimmage

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/100717aac.html

12891019.jpeg

Oct. 7, 2017

AUBURN, Ala. – The Auburn softball team held a successful fall scrimmage at Jane B. Moore Field Saturday evening. The organized scrimmage marked the first of its kind during the annual fall slate.

Two teams, divided by the color of jersey, were labeled Team Blue and Team Orange. Team Blue won the contest, 7-1.

All five pitchers on the roster, including Kara BilodeauKaylee CarlsonChardonnay HarrisMakayla Martin and Ashlee Swindle, combined for eight strikeouts on the night.

“I thought our pitchers did a good job commanding their pitches and commanding the count,” head coach Mickey Dean said. “All of the pitchers are really working hard.”

As for the hitting, the two teams rattled off 12 hits, led by KK Crocker and Taylon Snow, who tallied two each.

“It just shows you this game is very contagious,” Dean said. “Our pitchers dominate, then our hitters start to get on a roll and it becomes contagious for them, too.”

Alyssa Rivera launched a home run, while Brittany MaresetteJustus PerryCourtney Shea and Tannon Snow racked up one double apiece.

Victoria DraperBree Fornis and Maresette were busy on the basepaths and combined for three stolen bases.

The Tigers will continue to practice next week before taking on Enterprise State CC and Northwest Florida State CC on Friday, Oct. 13. The doubleheader begins at 3 p.m. CT at Jane B. Moore Field. Admission is free to all fall games. 

spacer.gif

There was actually a fairly detailed article in AL.Com by James Crepea (making amends for that last poor effort regarding Coach Myers).  You can get to it via the drop down menu on the sports page under More Auburn Sports.  From what I saw in the practice last Thursday, I agree with comments about Chardonnay Harris.    At this point I would suggest she is in tha top 3 rotation.  Also as he indicated there is a lot of stolen base attempts.  Glad to hear Tannon Snow participated since she was not active last Thursday. 

56 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

There was actually a fairly detailed article in AL.Com by James Crepea (making amends for that last poor effort regarding Coach Myers).  You can get to it via the drop down menu on the sports page under More Auburn Sports.  From what I saw in the practice last Thursday, I agree with comments about Chardonnay Harris.    At this point I would suggest she is in tha top 3 rotation.  Also as he indicated there is a lot of stolen base attempts.  Glad to hear Tannon Snow participated since she was not active last Thursday. 

Nice to hear that....CCM was quite conservative on base running and will be interesting to see if  CMD does more to put pressure on defenses to make good plays.....stealing bases and taking extra bases.

Article in AL.com today mainly about Courtney Shea and the catcher position.  Apparently at the scrimmage on Saturday all the catchers took a turn including Veach.  I sure would like to get the "pecking order" settled at that position.  AU64, regarding steals, keep in mind that Schiele has not participated (knee) and was a good hitter and quick on base path.  I believe she had a lot of steals in HS; over 100 during HS career.

Archived