No Excuse Game #2, LSU

TigerOne

Well we have another chance to raise Auburn up on the national stage against LSU.

Coaches blew it again against Clemson. Will we see the Auburn team that we have been promised

or will we be embarrassed. Auburn should win this game, probably easily but seems our coaches haven't learned

how to put together a 60 minute game plan. Gus seems to be fond of saying "we will see how the game plays out"

Why not dictate how the game plays out?

We don't want to hear how Death Valley is one of the toughest places to play, is it really? So what if it is.

Don't want to hear how talented LSU is and they will be ready to play..great! What about us will we be ready?

Don't want to hear about so and so isn't 100%..you have players on the team who are and  probably just as talented.

Don't want to see stupid play calling especially when we have the momentum, coaches should know what to do now...right?

NO EXCUSES..win the game

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Don't want to see stupid play calling especially when we have the momentum, coaches should know what to do now...right?

NO EXCUSES..win the game

here, here, A man after my own heart.   I give you "like" as a reward

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We will win. It won't be pretty and people will complain but we will win. 

I'll bet on that too.

If our D can hold Clemson to 14 points we should be able to hang a goose egg on LSU. I have faith that Coach Steele will have them ready to go. Etling is not really an SEC-level QB. He is a Plan B. If we can get pressure on him early and often we should beat them as bad as MSU did.

I'm not so sure it won't be pretty. 

Honestly I expect 24-10 type score at the half. It will all fall on our second half performance. If we can be up by 14 at half I think we win by the same margin.  34-20. 

If we play as well in second half as the first. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see a final of around 41-17

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

As for the game, I think we will win.  I can see it unfolding a few different ways.  Hopefully, the one where we dominate start to finish in all 3 phases is the one that becomes reality. ?‍♂️

As far as AU fans complaining, I’ll take the over! ?

33 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I guarantee people will complain wether we win or lose, even if we win big.  They will find something wrong with what Gus did, or conclude that, once again, the opponent was no good.

5 minutes ago, eulessau said:

I guarantee people will complain wether we win or lose, even if we win big.  They will find something wrong with what Gus did, or conclude that, once again, the opponent was no good.

Unless we win out and win NC they will EVENTUALLY be right and say "told ya so". Prepare yourself. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

Unless we win out and win NC they will EVENTUALLY be right and say "told ya so". Prepare yourself. 

That's pretty funny. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Remember there’s no excuses.  

2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Well we have another chance to raise Auburn up on the national stage against LSU.

Coaches blew it again against Clemson. Will we see the Auburn team that we have been promised

or will we be embarrassed. Auburn should win this game, probably easily but seems our coaches haven't learned

how to put together a 60 minute game plan. Gus seems to be fond of saying "we will see how the game plays out"

Why not dictate how the game plays out?

We don't want to hear how Death Valley is one of the toughest places to play, is it really? So what if it is.

Don't want to hear how talented LSU is and they will be ready to play..great! What about us will we be ready?

Don't want to hear about so and so isn't 100%..you have players on the team who are and  probably just as talented.

NO EXCUSES..win the game

Ditto! They managed to start fast against Ole Miss, but quit "going vertical" as everyone likes to say after halftime. 

2 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

If our D can hold Clemson to 14 points we should be able to hang a goose egg on LSU. I have faith that Coach Steele will have them ready to go. Etling is not really an SEC-level QB. He is a Plan B. If we can get pressure on him early and often we should beat them as bad as MSU did.

Coaches need to find 2 cups of what the team was fed before Kickoff last Saturday morning and get them to drink the 2nd cup during Halftime.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

That's why I always say "when" Gus gets fired...not "if" Gus gets fired.   

Because at Auburn we ALWAYS eventually fire our coaches....in about every sport.    That's our way.....who we are....and of course we always seem to be in a state of rebuilding too.   

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I don't expect to win conference and national championships every year. What I expect is to be in the discussion for conference and national championships.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's why I always say "when" Gus gets fired...not "if" Gus gets fired.   

Because at Auburn we ALWAYS eventually fire our coaches....in about every sport.    That's our way.....who we are....and of course we always seem to be in a state of rebuilding too.   

64, I'm not trying to be argumentative here but we had the same football coach for 12 years with Dye, 6 (ok 5 1/2) with Baby Bowden, 10 with Tubbs.  Yeah Chiz only got 4 but there were circumstances that kinda made that necessary and now Gus will have had 5 at least.  Compare that to a lot of other programs, even our biggest rival and thats not a lot.  Basketball has had some changes for sure but considering the state of that program those were necessary as well.  I don't think we are as quick to fire coaches as you think.  I agree it does seem we are in a constant state of rebuilding lately but that hasn't always been the case either.  Dye and Tubbs had long stretches of consistency if not greatness.  Baby Bowden was fairly consistent until things fell apart in 98.  I'm telling you the right guy (i.e. Dabo at Clemson) could come in and blow everyone' socks off if given the reigns by the PTB.  But as many have stated finding that guy is a crap shoot.  

2 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

I believe Auburn could win out and some people will still want Gus fired.

I believe Gus could suck for 10 years and some people would still want him as coach. 

43 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

Not till week 2 of next season. 

1 hour ago, AFTiger said:

They probably would not admit it on this board, but I am sure you are correct.

Archived