Score Prediction- LSU (merged threads)

tbone1430

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's Jose Jalapeno. He's part of Jeff Dunham's comedy show...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

31-10

I don't think LSU has the front guys to stay with AU for 4 quarters. I think they will come out fired up and fight really hard but AU pulls away in the second half.

if we.....

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

must work the edges and run to the sidelines in 1st and 3rd QTR and STAY WITH THE HUNH for more than 2 plays

this is a "coaching victory" because we have the advantage talent wise.  Yes LSU will start off pumped and lots of adrenaline.  

Baton Rouge will be rocking on Saturday. This will be their biggest home game of the season and I expect it will be extremely loud. Weird things happen in that place (glad it is not at night). They still have talent in many spots. They have a little confidence. All that being said...

For the first time in a long time - more than a decade - we clearly have the better team going into Baton Rouge. My only concern is the health of our OL (Horton). If he is healthy and we hold on to the ball (limit turnovers) we will win. I think it will take everything we have and it may be ugly ... but in the end Auburn wins by 7-10 points. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Baton Rouge will be rocking on Saturday. This will be their biggest home game of the season and I expect it will be extremely loud. Weird things happen in that place (glad it is not at night). They still have talent in many spots. They have a little confidence. All that being said...

For the first time in a long time - more than a decade - we clearly have the better team going into Baton Rouge. My only concern is the health of our OL (Horton). If he is healthy and we hold on to the ball (limit turnovers) we will win. I think it will take everything we have and it may be ugly ... but in the end Auburn wins by 7-10 points. 

Everything you posted is true.  However; remember that LSU is now being coached by the dumbest, worst coach to walk the sideline (in LSU and maybe SEC history) as a HC in Yaw Yaw.  If we can't beat LSU in Red Stick when that imbecile is coaching them, we may all be dead before we beat them again there.

wde

Besides Clemson, LSU is the second biggest test for Auburn SO FAR, and on the road at that.   If Auburn can get past this hurdle, I like their chances better going forward.  I believe LSU’s Death Valley is even louder than Clemson’s.  It will be important for Auburn to take the crowd out of it early.

53 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Besides Clemson, LSU is the second biggest test for Auburn SO FAR, and on the road at that.   If Auburn can get past this hurdle, I like their chances better going forward.  I believe LSU’s Death Valley is even louder than Clemson’s.  It will be important for Auburn to take the crowd out of it early.

I will give it to you that LSU is the 2nd biggest test so far if you are saying it's mainly because it's on the road. Excluding that then Miss St was the 2nd biggest test so far considering they dawg pounded the cornies 37-7. As of right now our biggest road test is aTm given they are just flat out better than LSU this season.

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Everything you posted is true.  However; remember that LSU is now being coached by the dumbest, worst coach to walk the sideline (in LSU and maybe SEC history) as a HC in Yaw Yaw.  If we can't beat LSU in Red Stick when that imbecile is coaching them, we may all be dead before we beat them again there.

wde

Which is why I said we win. We are the better team. 

Football bounces funny in BR and the calls have all been pretty one sided for as long as I can remember when we play there. I have been 4 times and only once have I seen Au win (long ago). We get home cooking at JH. They get big time home cooking in death valley. 

But in the end we win because we are better

As others have said: I also agree that TAM is a much harder test on the road because they are better but at least we will have a bye week before that game. 

I just want Auburn to be ready and not looking ahead to the pigs. You have to feel LSU will be looking to jump on Auburn early, like they did two years ago, pretty much signaling the end of JJ's days as a quality QB. You know they would love to do the same with Stidham.

If we can avoid the voodoo that can occur (bad snap on punt, fumbling the ball when trying to throw it,  etc), we win by 2-3 scores.  I can see LSU defense getting tough early.  They have one of their absent D lineman back and Arden key could be a force. We really need to get them down early to take away Guice as much as possible.  Make Etling throw it.  LSU offense should be contained if we keep our coached assignments and play with our hair on fire.  

31-10 or 27-14 Auburn 

I believe Kevin Steele will be up for this game and want to prove a point to the LSU faithful.  I hope we shut down LSU’s run and force Etling to throw.  I don’t think they score more then 10.  WDE.

24 - 14, Auburn, with one of those TD's coming from our special teams or D.

If our O scores against this LSU defense (18th in total D) like we have the last 3 games, we should feel very good about our chances against UGa and aTm. Corndog 5th year senior uber D lineman Heron returns to their rotation for the first time this season - just in time for us. Apparently his "elgibility" suspension got, er, ironed out just in time for Auburn. 

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I just want Auburn to be ready and not looking ahead to the pigs. You have to feel LSU will be looking to jump on Auburn early, like they did two years ago, pretty much signaling the end of JJ's days as a quality QB. You know they would love to do the same with Stidham.

There’s one tiiiiiiiiiiiiiny difference—we have two (physically capable) QBs that aren’t mentally scarred. JJ really came apart two weeks earlier when (IMO) his pass to Jason Smith got called back for holding.

Here is an assessment from their tiger rant board (ouch!):

Auburn isn't as good as many thinkPosted on 10/10/17 at 12:07 pm
They've played two teams worth their weight so far this season in Clemson and Moo St. Clemson shut down their offense and sacked Stidham a million times and State seppuku'd themselves at Jerden Hair. 

They have some nice defensive linemen. Their LBs tackle well. They have a nice RB. Their OL is above average. Their QB has a nice arm. 

But they're not anywhere near as good as they want you to believe. Their QB panics when his first read isn't there. Their OL average against a DL with a pulse. Their receiving corps is nothing special. Their RB, Kerryon Johnson, is nice but needs gaping holes to get anything going. 

Their DL has some studs in Nick Coe, Marlon Davidson, and Jeff Holland and they'll make a lot of plays but they can be neutralized if you force them to read instead of attack. 

Their LB corps tackles well but there's no Devin White or Kendell Beckwith in the group. They've looked so good thus far because their DL has been dominating inferior opponents. 

Their secondary is absolute garbage and LSU has the receiver talent to beat them over the top consistently. Getting the ball to the good guys is a different question though. Auburn crowds 5-10 yards beyond the LOS to shut down the short routes and trusts their DL to pressure the QB. 

The bottom line is that this Auburn team is good but not great. Their biggest advantage is their DL over the LSU OL and I expect Canada to use a lot of misdirection in attempts to get their front out of position. All of LSU's ball carriers will need to lower their heads and grind for yards in this one as they'll be selling out to stop the run. Guice and Williams will need to be battering rams. 

The LSU defense should be okay as long as they fit well and tackle early. When Kerryon Johnson gets going it's hard to stop him and you'll see what you saw with Florida's Malik Davis. Stidham isn't anything special and if DBU can shut down his primary reads it'll be a long day for him. 

I expect a close game that can go either way. There's no way in hell Auburn is going to blow out LSU at home. This is a completely different team than the one we saw the first five weeks. Leaders have stepped up and our guys are playing with their balls out now. We need to show up early and loud and stay for 4 quarters. Auburn is a first half team and if they don't get the ball rolling early they will fold.

17 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Here is an assessment from their tiger rant board (ouch!):

Auburn isn't as good as many thinkPosted on 10/10/17 at 12:07 pm
They've played two teams worth their weight so far this season in Clemson and Moo St. Clemson shut down their offense and sacked Stidham a million times and State seppuku'd themselves at Jerden Hair. 

They have some nice defensive linemen. Their LBs tackle well. They have a nice RB. Their OL is above average. Their QB has a nice arm. 

But they're not anywhere near as good as they want you to believe. Their QB panics when his first read isn't there. Their OL average against a DL with a pulse. Their receiving corps is nothing special. Their RB, Kerryon Johnson, is nice but needs gaping holes to get anything going. 

Their DL has some studs in Nick Coe, Marlon Davidson, and Jeff Holland and they'll make a lot of plays but they can be neutralized if you force them to read instead of attack. 

Their LB corps tackles well but there's no Devin White or Kendell Beckwith in the group. They've looked so good thus far because their DL has been dominating inferior opponents. 

Their secondary is absolute garbage and LSU has the receiver talent to beat them over the top consistently. Getting the ball to the good guys is a different question though. Auburn crowds 5-10 yards beyond the LOS to shut down the short routes and trusts their DL to pressure the QB. 

The bottom line is that this Auburn team is good but not great. Their biggest advantage is their DL over the LSU OL and I expect Canada to use a lot of misdirection in attempts to get their front out of position. All of LSU's ball carriers will need to lower their heads and grind for yards in this one as they'll be selling out to stop the run. Guice and Williams will need to be battering rams. 

The LSU defense should be okay as long as they fit well and tackle early. When Kerryon Johnson gets going it's hard to stop him and you'll see what you saw with Florida's Malik Davis. Stidham isn't anything special and if DBU can shut down his primary reads it'll be a long day for him. 

I expect a close game that can go either way. There's no way in hell Auburn is going to blow out LSU at home. This is a completely different team than the one we saw the first five weeks. Leaders have stepped up and our guys are playing with their balls out now. We need to show up early and loud and stay for 4 quarters. Auburn is a first half team and if they don't get the ball rolling early they will fold.

I feel like there is some truth to this...  

1) We have been very lucky in the last 3 games of receivers dropping some wide open passes.  Now some of that, a couple of weeks ago, was our DBs playing lights out.  But in all 3 games there have been receivers open and just could not catch the ball.

2) Depending on health our OL could be a little short handed.  I have not heard any injury updates, but if this is a lingering problem with the ankle then LG could be a question this week.  I would hate to throw Prince to the wolves with Arden Key coming off LT.

3) In weeks past KJ has been very limited.  Assuming he continues to heal from last week then he should be better, but only if we are not running up the middle on every play.  If our coaches don't get their head out of their :moon: when it comes to the run game then we will have a ton of 3 and outs.  Which never a good thing for the D.

4) JS has definitely proven to be a bit shaky at times.  Especially if the rush is getting to him.  However, he did stand in the pocket better last week and read through his progressions at times.

5) Any body expecting a blowout in BR this week needs to pump the breaks just a little.  There is a reason that we have not won in BR since 99.  That is an insanely tough place to play.  The crowd can definitely make it difficult on opposing teams.  The talent down there is top notch.  Yes they have struggled.  Yes their coach may be hard to understand and may have had a tough time.  Yes we "COULD" win big, but winning big on the road is a lot more difficult than most fans want to accept.  Look at turds at aTm last week.  Should have blown them out yet only won by 8.  Even on a "down year" for the SEC, road games are no gimme's.

So given the predictions of a close game and that LSU fan’s interpretation.. Hypothetically speaking, if we dismantle them are they then a bad opponent? Just wondering because I have a feeling that would be the story, not Auburn’s success

41-7

I hope I don’t jinx Auburn but..... LSU is not a good team.  They have struggled and lost to average teams.  Their top RB is hurt.  Their top win against Florida is a joke.  Auburn’s defense will shut down the run game and make Etling beat Auburn which he can’t.   If Orgeron didn’t have a 12 million dollar buyout there is a good chance we’d get their coach fired two years in a row.  Auburn “should” make a statement in Baton Rogue Saturday afternoon.

10 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

So given the predictions of a close game and that LSU fan’s interpretation.. Hypothetically speaking, if we dismantle them are they then a bad opponent? Just wondering because I have a feeling that would be the story, not Auburn’s success

I would absolutely give credit to the AU staff & players if they go into BR and dismantle LSU.  Bad opponent or not.

31-13 good guys. They have 3 o-linemen who missed practice yesterday and a lot of their defenders played virtually the entire game vs UF. Etling is not in the same league as Fitzgerald and Patterson with his arm or legs. Oh, and Ed O is their coach. WDE?!

4 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I would absolutely give credit to the AU staff & players if they go into BR and dismantle LSU.  Bad opponent or not.

Yeah I would too. It just seems like a high risk, low reward game. Afraid the media and voters won’t give us much credit

Archived