This season has been fun so far

gr82b4au

Of course there are a few things we all wish would change and I wish we could have a do over with Clemson but watching this team come together week after week has been great. 3 blowouts in the sec has been fun. big plays. Great QB play. Unreal defensive play. KJ playing well despite being hurt. WRs are starting to make plays. 

It really has been a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to this weekend! Hope we keep it going! 

Yeah it is nice not to have nail biters every game. The WR are really coming on. We have the best defense since Tubberville. We have a QB that can acutally pass down field .....which is exactly how you beat bama

Hope Noah continues developing on KR. His return gave me the remembrance of how good we were in that regard last championship year. Punt return game has been absolutely nonexistent since Quan left though. I cant possibly imagine Devan or Noah hasn’t pushed Stephen at all there (I understand Gus loves the sure hands there, but cmon) 

9 hours ago, CountStandya said:

Yeah it is nice not to have nail biters every game. The WR are really coming on. We have the best defense since Tubberville. We have a QB that can acutally pass down field .....which is exactly how you beat bama

The one thing that worries me about playing uga and ua os our protection. We have deeveliped since Clemson, but we still have to protect the passer well against a good pass rush. 

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

the loss to Clemson, and the especially the way we lost to Clemson, was not fun

Keep focusing on that. You'll feel better never.

I’ll be having fun when Auburn beats a good team.  Tamu looks to be the first real team since Clemson.  Stomp LSU, beat Tamu, UGA and keep the iron bowl competitive then we’ll be having a lot of fun! Playoffs or Sugar Bowl!

13 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’ll be having fun when Auburn beats a good team.  

So you haven't had fun the last few weeks watching Auburn football? How is that even possible for an Auburn fan? I will admit that we were a little boring the first few weeks but now the offense is starting to gel and we are actually fun to watch.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 weeks, even if the teams we beat were over-matched. Be thankful you are not an Oklahoma fan who watched their team lose at home as a 30 point favorite. 

35 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Be thankful you are not an Oklahoma fan who watched their team lose at home as a 30 point favorite. 

.... and the congregation said "AMEN!".  We lost to the defending national champs by 8 points, at night, on the road, with a QB that had only played 1 game in almost 2 years.  Yeah, it was ugly, but I've seen nothing but improvement ever since the end of the 3rd game of the season.  If we play our cards right, we might even get to right that wrong against Clempson on New Year's Day.... War Eagle. 

I wary of the soft doughy middle of the schedule.     I was misled by the same scenario last season.      I'll feel pretty good with a decisive win this week and better with an A&M win.

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Of course there are a few things we all wish would change and I wish we could have a do over with Clemson but watching this team come together week after week has been great. 3 blowouts in the sec has been fun. big plays. Great QB play. Unreal defensive play. KJ playing well despite being hurt. WRs are starting to make plays. 

It really has been a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to this weekend! Hope we keep it going! 

Had to "watch" this game on radio, driving down US - 43; I was running' late for a date w./Nate.

Some fun.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I’ll be having fun when Auburn beats a good team.  Tamu looks to be the first real team since Clemson.  Stomp LSU, beat Tamu, UGA and keep the iron bowl competitive then we’ll be having a lot of fun! Playoffs or Sugar Bowl!

LSU, although they are a long way from it so far, has the potential to be a pretty good team. Lots of talent there!  Plus it’s been forever since we beat them at BR, so I will be happy with even an ugly win there.  Without major injuries, I really don’t see much of a possibility of losing to arky. Then we get 2 weeks to rest up and prepare for a&m.  I’ve been waiting for their descent into dumpster fire for the last few weeks. It hasn’t happened yet. Either way,  I like our chances.  Assuming we handle the road trip well and go 3-0, then things start to get real!

58 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I’m so glad we play UGA at our place. That’s a huge advantage

I agree that it's nice to have them at home but honestly history shows Auburn does quite well for themselves in Athens. Just not recently. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

So you haven't had fun the last few weeks watching Auburn football? How is that even possible for an Auburn fan? I will admit that we were a little boring the first few weeks but now the offense is starting to gel and we are actually fun to watch.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 weeks, even if the teams we beat were over-matched. Be thankful you are not an Oklahoma fan who watched their team lose at home as a 30 point favorite. 

bingo...have to play the schedule you have. i have enjoyed it. It has to be built brick by brick. Auburn is slowly but surely getting there, even in the shadow of the minion empire in west alabama.

The entire Mizzou game, the entire MSU game and the 1st half of the Ole Miss game were certainly fun.

wde

It's been a roller coaster ride for sure.  Things seem to be coming together.  I must admit, I was concerned at the beginning of the season but Gus seems to have sorted through most of the issues.  Hopefully, we can end strong.

Ran across this today.  Can't help but laugh.  Pretty spot on and these guys are funny to me:

13 minutes ago, Shift said:

It's been a roller coaster ride for sure.  Things seem to be coming together.  I must admit, I was concerned at the beginning of the season but Gus seems to have sorted through most of the issues.  Hopefully, we can end strong.

Ran across this today.  Can't help but laugh.  Pretty spot on and these guys are funny to me:

Where in the blue-eyed world does one even look for something like that?

19 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Where in the blue-eyed world does one even look for something like that?

LOL. It's on the front page of al.com.

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I’m definitely happy with wins and seeing Auburn dismantle 3 SEC teams has been great.  I was on the plains Saturday and that first half was spot on.  I’m ready to see Auburn beat a team it’s not supposed to or win a game that’s 50/50.  Clemson, UGA, and Bama are those sorts of games.  It’s been a couple years since Auburn won a game like that.  Iowa State fans had lots of fun this weekend.  

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m definitely happy with wins and seeing Auburn dismantle 3 SEC teams has been great.  I was on the plains Saturday and that first half was spot on.  I’m ready to see Auburn beat a team it’s not supposed to or win a game that’s 50/50.  Clemson, UGA, and Bama are those sorts of games.  It’s been a couple years since Auburn won a game like that.  Iowa State fans had lots of fun this weekend.  

Well said sir.  Some of us have been trying to make that point but it seems you put it in a very matter of fact way that has escaped us.  

10 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

I wary of the soft doughy middle of the schedule.     I was misled by the same scenario last season.      I'll feel pretty good with a decisive win this week and better with an A&M win.

This is SO where I am. I was feeling so good after the state and arky games last year. I remember Vanderbilt being my uh oh moment. I think that was when we lost KP and White was the walking wounded. I’m apprehensive before every game. Seems like that has always been part of being an auburn fan!

5 hours ago, Shift said:

This is great. LMAO

Thread seems a good place to drop this. OA News provides an amalgamated recap of statistics so far (right readable and useful to me, anyway).

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/midseason-assessment-where-does-auburn-stand-after-games/article_7871442e-ad4e-11e7-847f-c345e8fbfd62.html

Archived