Is it too Early?

PoetTiger

Barkley also has 395 receiving yards and over 250 KO return yards with a TD.  And he is one of ESPN's little darlings they love to hype up.  They've pretty much already handed him the trophy.  

58 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Barkley also has 395 receiving yards and over 250 KO return yards with a TD.  And he is one of ESPN's little darlings they love to hype up.  They've pretty much already handed him the trophy.  

Heisman, save for certain years like L. Jackson's win last year, is just a popularity contest. It's why Mark Ingram won in '09 even though he was the best back in his league. It's why Derrick Henry won over McCaffery who broke Barry Sanders' all-purpose yardage record. It's why Jesse Palmer vomits idiocies like Jalen Hurts playing his way into Heisman contention despite being possibly the worst QB in the SEC...

Kerryon has turned into a great back but needs better numbers and the Auburn hype train to get him there. I wouldn't be surprised however if we continue to play well that we don't see him get an invitation to the award ceremony much like Mason in '13

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

Heisman, save for certain years like L. Jackson's win last year, is just a popularity contest. It's why Mark Ingram won in '09 even though he was the best back in his league. It's why Derrick Henry won over McCaffery who broke Barry Sanders' all-purpose yardage record. It's why Jesse Palmer vomits idiocies like Jalen Hurts playing his way into Heisman contention despite being possibly the worst QB in the SEC...

Kerryon has turned into a great back but needs better numbers and the Auburn hype train to get him there. I wouldn't be surprised however if we continue to play well that we don't see him get an invitation to the award ceremony much like Mason in '13

Yeah I agree.  I always call Ingram the worst Heisman winner in history.  If Auburn goes into the uga game with just the one loss and KJ is a big part of the next 3 games then the uga game will be a big opportunity for him on national tv to show out.  If he does then he will have an even bigger stage against the turds.  Its not impossible but ESPN seems to have their select group of guys pre-picked and its hard for someone to break into that and win it. 

When he goes for over 100 & 2 TD's against a good defense, like Georgia...then I'll hop on the heisman train. Until then. No sir. Doesn't mean I don't love him to death & support him. Just not heisman numbers, right now.

We don't start it anyway. If espn, finebaum, cbs or media in general start we'll listen but it was a jinx last time we started it. I will be shocked if he doesn't get injured again. 

11 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah I agree.  I always call Ingram the worst Heisman winner in history.  If Auburn goes into the uga game with just the one loss and KJ is a big part of the next 3 games then the uga game will be a big opportunity for him on national tv to show out.  If he does then he will have an even bigger stage against the turds.  Its not impossible but ESPN seems to have their select group of guys pre-picked and its hard for someone to break into that and win it. 

Ingram only got it because the Heisman Trust didn't like that Bama didn't have a Heisman winner. Legit the ONLY reason I can see.

1 hour ago, Charleston Tiger said:

Ingram only got it because the Heisman Trust didn't like that Bama didn't have a Heisman winner. Legit the ONLY reason I can see.

He was the best player playing on the best team. Stanford was 8-5 that season, and Gerhart played on the left coast where few people saw him play. This has been a common trend throughout the award's history. The Heisman trophy has been awarded to a player who played for a team with 4 or more regular season losses only three times. In 35', 56' and 69'. 

If Gerhart played for Oregon, or TCU or Texas, he would have won it - there's no doubt about it. 

Alabama's resurgence played well for Ingram, and I have no doubt that their lack of a Heisman winner also played well, but it was their undefeated record and number 1 ranking that was the determining factor. 

Let's not act like Ingram's numbers weren't Heisman worthy. They closely mirror Reggie Bush's numbers from 2005 (not including special teams - which weren't that impressive) of 2218 yards from the LOS and 19 total TDs. 

I think Toby Gerhart was the best player in college football in 2009, but we all know that the Heisman doesn't go to the best player - so I don't know why its such a big conspiracy that Ingram won in 2009. 

Interestingly enough, Stanford running back Bryce Love who has already rushed for over 1200 yards and 9 touchdowns in 2017 isn't being talked about as the Heisman leader, and due to him playing on the West Coast for a middling Pac-12 team, he probably won't win, either. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

He was the best player playing on the best team. Stanford was 8-5 that season, and Gerhart played on the left coast where few people saw him play. This has been a common trend throughout the award's history. The Heisman trophy has been awarded to a player who played for a team with 4 or more regular season losses only three times. In 35', 56' and 69'. 

If Gerhart played for Oregon, or TCU or Texas, he would have won it - there's no doubt about it. 

Alabama's resurgence played well for Ingram, and I have no doubt that their lack of a Heisman winner also played well, but it was their undefeated record and number 1 ranking that was the determining factor. 

Let's not act like Ingram's numbers weren't Heisman worthy. They closely mirror Reggie Bush's numbers from 2005 (not including special teams - which weren't that impressive) of 2218 yards from the LOS and 19 total TDs. 

I think Toby Gerhart was the best player in college football in 2009, but we all know that the Heisman doesn't go to the best player - so I don't know why its such a big conspiracy that Ingram won in 2009. 

Interestingly enough, Stanford running back Bryce Love who has already rushed for over 1200 yards and 9 touchdowns in 2017 isn't being talked about as the Heisman leader, and due to him playing on the West Coast for a middling Pac-12 team, he probably won't win, either. 

I have Bryce on my fantasy team and man is average 31 pts a game....I mean thats more than some teams entire running games combined. Dude's just incredible 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I have Bryce on my fantasy team and man is average 31 pts a game....I mean thats more than some teams entire running games combined. Dude's just incredible 

It's just crazy. He's got a tough schedule ahead, but I have no doubt that he'll end up with 2000 yards. 

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He could start the campaign himself by dropping 200 on LSU saturday 

ala this guy ...he called his 200 before the game

Archived