AU vs. LSU - Weekly Presser

RunInRed

Looks like the team is in a good mindset focused confident and serious.

Good vibe, this has the makings to be a very special game for Auburn.

Coaches really want to break that not winning in BR streak

16 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Gah we have a ton of injured players. 

So does LSU. We need to find a way to win over the next 2 weeks and then enjoy the week off. 

I’m expecting JDavis to start, TWilliams to play, Dean to “be available,” and Horton to be held out. Honestly just a hunch...bonus pick’ems

As of today, I would expect J Davis to play and Dean to play. I think Horton will be held out this week. 

T Williams...getting more opinions about his injury. I'm skeptical that he will be available for another week or three. 

More info when made available.

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

As of today, I would expect J Davis to play and Dean to play. I think Horton will be held out this week. 

T Williams...getting more opinions about his injury. I'm skeptical that he will be available for another week or three. 

So I'm assuming we go with Golsen at LG and Tega at LT? 

4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

The words I have for this are not appropriate for a family friendly site...

Sadly, this is turning into a lost season for Tre. Really think he was headed for a big season.

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

As always, thanks for the info PTB!!!

Great to hear about Davis and Dean.  Not good news on Tre at all. ?

Horton being out concerns me, because I’m not sure what Gus and Herb are gonna do. It sounds like moving AG around and putting Tega back in at LT is what they’re thinking.  I would rather leave AG at LT and just plug in Bell or Harrell.  Any other thoughts?

Im guessing it’ll be a game time decision on KP?  Personally, I think he should sit unless he’s near 100%.  I just don’t want KJ to get 30+ carries. (More KMart, MM, and DBarrett please)

I'd rather go with Tega and Golson. I haven't loved what I've seen from Bell this year, and Tega has more experience than Harrell. There was a reason Tega won the starting LT spot and was part of our starting five at the beginning of the season. I'm good with him as the next man up.

On the RBs, if Pettway isn't close to 100%, he shouldn't be on the field this weekend. Kerryon is getting healthier. Miller is more effective inside than Pettway right now, and Martin/Barrett add an element to the passing game. We have playmakers at RB. No point in playing a guy who isn't ready physically.

I hate to hear that for Tre. He looked all world at the start of the season, but I have to say, Deshaun, Darrell, Old Man Atkinson, and McBryde have played really well in his absence.

If Horton doesn't play it could be a game changer for us. Our D should shut down their O but if our O is ineffective to start because of an inability to block their front we are going to be in big time trouble IMO. Arden Key, as seasoned and freakish as he is will most likely eat Tega's lunch if he's the LT. Asking a guy so green to block someone like Key all game is going to be problematic for us. One thing that gives me hope is that CCL being in the booth and with more control now maybe we will see some plays that won't require the OL to block for very long.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Arden Key, as seasoned and freakish as he is will most likely eat Tega's lunch if he's the LT. Asking a guy so green to block someone like Key all game is going to be problematic for us.

Yep. This was my point as well.   I thought maybe we should put Tega in there some of the time. But mostly AG at LT for that reason. Which would mean Bell or Harrell at LG. I’m not crazy about those options either, but I’d rather have a liability at LG than LT. 

I want Tega to try and block Key some of the time. (He is the likely starter next year and he needs some experience against elite DEs). But too much could get in his head AND cause us major problems on offense on Saturday.  

Also, I’m not sure if shuffling AG around a few times during the game would have a negative effect on him. It may just be better to put him in one place and go with it. Idk. It depends on how well he can handle that (if experience tells me anything, he should be able to handle that well)

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The good news re: Key is that a healthy KJ and an emerging Cox give us a lot of help in pass pro in the backfield. 

I wonder if we will do more screens to slow down AK.  This seems to be the best way to really slow him down is to catch him on a rush and throw right over him.  We were all so excited about CCL's tendency to use the RB out of the backfield in the passing game.  Seems like this is the perfect opportunity to showcase that.

Man what I would give for just 1 day to sit with the coaches and hear what they say about some of these ideas that all the "monday morning qbs", like me, have to say about plays.  These guys are paid millions to know 1000 times more stuff.  There has to be a reason they don't do some of these things.  Oh wait, it is probably because they haven't read this board in a few weeks.  I bet they come out this week (after reading www.aufamily.com) and blow things up!

:wareagle:

Archived