AU vs. LSU - Weekly Presser

RunInRed

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

I wonder if we will do more screens to slow down AK.  This seems to be the best way to really slow him down is to catch him on a rush and throw right over him.  We were all so excited about CCL's tendency to use the RB out of the backfield in the passing game.  Seems like this is the perfect opportunity to showcase that.

Man what I would give for just 1 day to sit with the coaches and hear what they say about some of these ideas that all the "monday morning qbs", like me, have to say about plays.  These guys are paid millions to know 1000 times more stuff.  There has to be a reason they don't do some of these things.  Oh wait, it is probably because they haven't read this board in a few weeks.  I bet they come out this week (after reading www.aufamily.com) and blow things up!

:wareagle:

well great coaches use all  of the tools available to them. If Gus isn't reading Stats reports then he is not using all of tools available.

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Is it just me, or did Gus look like, he just did not want to be there? 

I think that is just about any interview or presser. Why would any coach want to interact with hacks, traitors, and know it all's?

3 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

well great coaches use all  of the tools available to them. If Gus isn't reading Stats reports then he is not using all of tools available.

I have my suspicions Stat can draw the picture better than anybody on the inside. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

If Horton doesn't play it could be a game changer for us. Our D should shut down their O but if our O is ineffective to start because of an inability to block their front we are going to be in big time trouble IMO. Arden Key, as seasoned and freakish as he is will most likely eat Tega's lunch if he's the LT. Asking a guy so green to block someone like Key all game is going to be problematic for us. One thing that gives me hope is that CCL being in the booth and with more control now maybe we will see some plays that won't require the OL to block for very long.

This. We need Horton terribly. Tega for the most part has been embarrassed this year. 

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

I think that is just about any interview or presser. Why would any coach want to interact with hacks, traitors, and know it all's?

I would be happy if Auburn hired Les Miles to handle all pressers, and media relations altogether.  I would make it a point to watch every one.

58 minutes ago, logan adams said:

This. We need Horton terribly. Tega for the most part has been embarrassed this year. 

Yup. He's still learning -- it's going to take time.

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I would be happy if Auburn hired Les Miles to handle all pressers, and media relations altogether.  I would make it a point to watch every one.

Lol get him on staff as another analyst ("media analyst" perhaps?) and just have him run the press conferences

11 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Arden Key is going to have to prove at some point that he is still Arden Key. Just hope it’s not against us

Agreed. He's coming in with 0.5 sacks on the year.

21 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Arden Key is going to have to prove at some point that he is still Arden Key. Just hope it’s not against us

With our luck it'll be against us...

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

With our luck it'll be against us...

I really hope not man... Our greatest advantage against their D is our own D. If their OL continues to struggle in pass protection and Etling continues to struggle throwing beyond the 1st down line then Arden and their defense shouldn’t be getting long breathers in between series. Of course all of that is contingent on our defense holding up their end of the deal but luckily Coach Steele has my complete faith!!!

9 hours ago, AUTUmike said:

Agreed. He's coming in with 0.5 sacks on the year.

Yep you’re right. And I guess it’s possible to be very effective without producing huge numbers (J Holland is an example) but Arden Key just looks off this year whether it’s a health, effort, or out of shape issue. But we all know he’s got elite talent and could be a game changer — I just don’t see it happening quite yet

3 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I really hope not man... Our greatest advantage against their D is our own D. If their OL continues to struggle in pass protection and Etling continues to struggle throwing beyond the 1st down line then Arden and their defense shouldn’t be getting long breathers in between series. Of course all of that is contingent on our defense holding up their end of the deal but luckily Coach Steele has my complete faith!!!

Yes my faith in him hasn't wavered from last game...we just definitely don't need that kind of performance again. I got pretty used to a great defense, I don't want that bad feeling of old again. Idk how Tega's gonna do it but he has to contain Key...hopefully his athleticism helps.

Just now, WFE12 said:

Yes my faith in him hasn't wavered from last game...we just definitely don't need that kind of performance again. I got pretty used to a great defense, I don't want that bad feeling of old again. Idk how Tega's gonna do it but he has to contain Key...hopefully his athleticism helps.

Yeah I feel that! I’d like to think Ole Miss was a bigger matchup problem than LSU with regard to offenses just because of the air raid style — hopefully that’s the case. Mostly concerned with how our pass rush looked but hopefully just sluggish last week. With regards to Tega...sheesh I really hope he shows out because everybody loves the kid. Fingers crossed we use KJ in blocking and screens to that side. Color me cautiously optimistic :excl::yes:

Couple of things:     Arden Key came in 20lbs over weight. Still a player to watch but speed is his game and he has lost a step this year. Guice will be limited whicht limits their inside run. They will still try to force it so expect us to load the box. That being said what a great game to have the dbs back. Lastly, playing a conference game on the road ( especially Death Valley) is always a challenge. I firmly believe we beat LSU but double digits unless we just we the bed. Don't buy into the media hype that they clawed back and fought hard vs Florida. Honestly it was an ugly game that they won on a botched hold by the holder on the extra point. Not to mention Florida has no offense......just my thoughts

8 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Yeah I feel that! I’d like to think Ole Miss was a bigger matchup problem than LSU with regard to offenses just because of the air raid style — hopefully that’s the case. Mostly concerned with how our pass rush looked but hopefully just sluggish last week. With regards to Tega...sheesh I really hope he shows out because everybody loves the kid. Fingers crossed we use KJ in blocking and screens to that side. Color me cautiously optimistic :excl::yes:

I felt like we put a lot of pressure on Patterson. He's just a hard guy to tackle and has an arm that can get the ball downfield even when he can't set his feet. We did get tired and frustrated late, but something tells me that Garner probably helped a couple DLs find Jesus this week and effort won't be a problem going forward. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I felt like we put a lot of pressure on Patterson. He's just a hard guy to tackle and has an arm that can get the ball downfield even when he can't set his feet. We did get tired and frustrated late, but something tells me that Garner probably helped a couple DLs find Jesus this week and effort won't be a problem going forward. 

Yeah I agree with you. Not too worried about our DL because our pressure rate has been consistently strong even when the sacks and QB hits aren’t coming. I think LSU’s OL and Etling is a good game to get those stats back on track!

Archived